Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
2010BumbleBee

Drives: 2010 2SS RS A6
something broke today

just getting out of work so i haven't had a chance to check this out,
but i went on lunch today and slowly pulled out of the parking lot.drove
around the corner real slow and i heard a good pop.now every time i go
over some sort of bump i get a popping/ringing noise from the right rear
of the car.
2010BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010BumbleBee View Post
just getting out of work so i haven't had a chance to check this out,
but i went on lunch today and slowly pulled out of the parking lot.drove
around the corner real slow and i heard a good pop.now every time i go
over some sort of bump i get a popping/ringing noise from the right rear
of the car.
Sounds like you might have picked up something in your tire. Have it checked soon.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Possible C/V joint...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
tell us what really happened
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
2010BumbleBee

in all seriousness i practically idled around this corner that leads to the main road,
it's a real bumpy sharp turn so everyone drives cautiously around this corner. i wish
i could say "i was coming around this corner sideways...." but i wasn't.

dealer doesn't want it until monday afternoon and refuses to give me a car rental
until tuesday afternoon,and that's if only if they need it another day or more.

i crawled under it today and cannot locate any sort problem but then again i
have no way of completely removing any type of load on the suspension so
i'm stuck not knowing...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
2010BumbleBee

i'm ready to fire bomb this dealership for crying out loud........

so first off the dealership says no rental until they get a chance to really look at it.
i also asked to revisit the lifter issue because it's still tapping away after fresh oil.
(i dropped it off last night so they could start on it first thing today,so i was told)
i called at 12:30 today to get a status report. i'm told it was left running for an hour
so it could really warm up and be test driven. supposedly it's been driven by 3 different
techs as well as the service manager and i'm told they cannot hear any noises what
so ever. i tell the rep on the phone he is out of his mind if they at least cant hear the
rear suspension. it's f-ing loud, every bump the RR tire goes over clangs like you wouldn't
believe. so i asked if they were clever enough to drive it with the windows
down to get a better listen and i'm told of course it was. so i asked if it was
even put up on the lift to check the suspension and he proceeds to tell me
that there's no need cause there's no problem with my car.

that's the straw that broke the camel's back and i'm furious now. i ask him what's the f-ing
problem you don't want my warranty work ? do you really think i am so stupid that i cant tell
if something in my car isn't right ? he tells me my comments are uncalled for and i tell him
well his service department sucks. i also tell him that my buddy who has been trying to order
an 11 synergy convertible 2SS is going else where and the sales dept can also kiss my ass.
at this point he says he will send the courtesy car to pick me up and if i can replicate the problem
they will fix it and then says he's hurt by the fact that i said he doesn't want my warranty work
and insists that he does. i tell him what ever and if that if he doesn't fix my
car i'm gonna raise hell in front of every customer that's there.

about 2:30 my phone rings and it's the driver to take me to the dealer.
we arrive and my car is not in the pickup area,it's on a lift with the rear tires off.
3 tech's are under it banging and shaking things trying to find the noise. one of
the service reps comes over and tells me he took it out for a ride just before i got
there and that he finally heard the noise because everyone else who drove it never put
the windows down. i'm totally dumbfounded by the fact and the rep can tell i'm furious.
he asks me to hang out in the waiting room for a couple so they can pin point the problem.
i think i waited 45 minutes and finally the rep comes in and tells me enterprise is on
the way with a car because they cant find the problem.

i think i'm gonna have a talk with the owner of the dealership
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

ahhhh that is not an uncommon practice for dealers. If it is warranty work and it involves an undetermined amount of time to troubleshoot, they'll feed you all kinds of BS to get you outta there with the same issues as you came in with. Techs $$/hr for warranty stuff is much less than what they make on your-out-of-pocket repairs. Tech makes less, Service Advisor makes less, warranty work is not profitable for dealer. If you went in there out of warranty, I bet they would have found the problem by now and want your $$ to repair it and to repair a ghost problem they found that you Must fix soon or something bad might happen to the car if you don't fix it right away.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Don,t forget o tell your friend about the great cs you recieved.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
500 miles later, and the problem still cannot be reproduced...was a there a line of people waiting for a test drive?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
2010BumbleBee

It could have been reproduced had they put the stinking windows down like I told them in the
first place. I called a little bit ago and was very quickly asked to hold, the service manager gets
on the line and tells me they cannot locate the cause of the now clanging suspension. The tech
working on my car is supposed to be a master technician. I can't imagine how.In the meantime
I get to drive a fabulous m6 that can't get out of its own way.

edit - that would be a G6

Last edited by 2010BumbleBee; 09-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
ahhhh that is not an uncommon practice for dealers. If it is warranty work and it involves an undetermined amount of time to troubleshoot, they'll feed you all kinds of BS to get you outta there with the same issues as you came in with. Techs $$/hr for warranty stuff is much less than what they make on your-out-of-pocket repairs. Tech makes less, Service Advisor makes less, warranty work is not profitable for dealer. If you went in there out of warranty, I bet they would have found the problem by now and want your $$ to repair it and to repair a ghost problem they found that you Must fix soon or something bad might happen to the car if you don't fix it right away.
I have seen this first hand too. Warranty is barely profitable. If dealers only had warranty work they would go out of business. Some dealers don't touch warranty work if they don't have to. Dealers are all different. Some dealers do a poor job of submitting the paper work for warranty claims so they don't make a lot of money. It really sucks for us, the customer! You shouldn't have to fight like that. Remember, this car is brand new to them too! They probably have never worked on one much at all. I bet no one has worked on the driveline yet at that particular dealer. Warranty doesn't pay for "head scratching" or learning curve time. If they finally find a problem and fix it, that's great! If they continue to play dumb, I wouldn't waste my time, and just find another dealer!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #12
Jayconut

Drives: 2011 2SS CGM
i wonder if those test drivers tried the launch control?
Jayconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #13
2010BumbleBee

i went into work today and my buddy asked me if i was in a particular department store last night
because he thought he saw my car......i asked if he wrote the plate down and said no but he remembers
the dealer sticker on the back.

i think i'm gonna surprise visit the dealer to even see if my car is infact even on the lift anymore. then
i'll go next door to the sales manager and let him know my friend isn't placing his order with them.
a surprise mileage check will be in order also......
Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

They can easily explain any mileage accumulation while the car is in their posession. They can simply say they had to test drive it several times to hear/pin-point the noise. Have they banged on the stock mufflers...the weep holes in them are known to get blocked and the inside of the muffler get rusted and cause rattles.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Warranty pays 2/3 of customer pay.

Cust. pay - tech decides how much time to charge.

Warranty - GM decides - has every operation on file. The time allotted is minimal.

Also, the muffler baffles have been coming loose inside the muffler shell, causing metallic rattle noises. Slap the mufflers around and see if they rattle.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
2010BumbleBee

they actually called me ! i can't believe it......

they're telling me RR upper strut mount. supposedly i'll have my bee back tomorrow.
i'm very anxious to see the mileage. the car my buddy saw was at least 15 miles away
from the shop. they also have their own test road behind the service dept with bumps
and all used for testing vehicles. for it to have more than say 5 miles would be a stretch.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 AM   #17
2010BumbleBee

they finally fixed it..... they also apologized to me a thousand times over
just before they mentioned i would be getting a survey about my experience
there. :emoticon7: they could use a good

they still refuse to acknowledge the lifters tapping. i think i may call
GM customer assistance.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Dealers are so much fun to deal with. You've got to relieze there top techs barely work on performance cars like the Camaro or Corvette.Also just because they are certified doesn't mean they know anything...LOL

I can't count how many newer Corvette's we've got that dealers can't figure out.

The lifter noise you have could very well be normal.I've heard alot of LS motors that are just loud. If it's an A6 car more than likely it is a lifter problem.GM really screwed up on the lifters in those.

A side point is though - if they said they have to replace the lifters, Do you really trust them pulling the motor apart?

Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #19
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I have not had great experiences with GM warranty work either. I wrote a very long and eloquent letter to GM about my problems with this particular dealership. I received a written apology and was invited down to talk to the General Manager of the dealership. Mostly just lip service, but the service has seemingly improved. Just keep your cool, cause once it goes south....its harder to get a positive outcome. My friend watched a GM tech improperly install a window motor on his 4th gen Camaro and in the process make the problem worse. So he researched the procedure and completed the repair himself. Needless to say, when he confronted the dealer about the tech's qualifications and why the work was not completed correctly... the service manager got rather quiet.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #20
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
tell us what really happened