Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Expert?!?!?!? Michael Moore?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So MSNBC had an article, weighing in on fixing the Big Three. So this article was called "Fixing Detroit: Experts have wide range of ideas" and had people like Chryslers former CFO.. Then I get to... Michael Moore. What in hell makes this idiot an expert. This ******* bastard has no right to be anywhere near an article like this. ***************************..

but I digress... here is the ***** tree hugging swill crap that he swilled out:

Quote:
Michael Moore, Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker (interviewed on CNN’s Larry King Live, Nov. 23)

I think what has to happen here is that Congress needs to pass some legislation, and our president-elect needs to do what [President Franklin] Roosevelt did.

When Roosevelt came in and when World War II faced the country, Roosevelt said to General Motors and Ford, 'You’re not going to build cars anymore. You’re going to build airplanes and tanks and guns and the things that we need for this war because we have a national crisis.' And so General Motors had to do what Roosevelt told them they had to do.

The same thing has to happen now.

President-elect Obama has to say to them, yes, we’re going to use this [bailout] money to save these jobs. But we’re not going to build these gas-guzzling, unsafe vehicles any longer.

We’re going to put the companies into some sort of receivership and we, the government, are going to hold the reins on these companies. And they are to build mass transit. They’re to build hybrid cars. They’re to build cars that use little or no gasoline.

And — I mean because we’re facing a national crisis — not just an economic crisis, but a crisis of the polar ice caps are melting. There’s only so much oil left under the Earth.

We’re going to run out of that, if not in our children’s time, our grandchildren’s time.

There’s got to be a plan set up to find other ways to transport ourselves or other ways than using fossil fuels.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28020043/

I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 12-05-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Just a little clean up.... Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Official warning from Mods.

The moment this thread goes into party politics we will delete it.

I fully expect you all to keep the site rules in play, and trust that this won't get out of hand.

Having said that, as polarizing as Mr. Moore can be, I felt the warning was justified.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
If michaels plan happens i am staging a revolt.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Few people have earned the dishonor of having an entire movie created to insult them. (An American Carole)
Old 12-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post

I fully expect you all to keep the site rules in play, and trust that this won't get out of hand.

Having said that, as polarizing as Mr. Moore can be, I felt the warning was justified.

Haha, nice edit....

But thats cool, I understand, and appreciate that the thread wasnt completely deleted.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 12-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Haha, nice edit....

But thats cool, I understand, and appreciate that the thread wasnt completely deleted.
Thanks for being cool about it.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
yeah, experts wide range of ideas
a sandwich expert from subway couldve had better informed input

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
Old 12-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal Moore
We’re going to run out of that, if not in our children’s time, our grandchildren’s time.
i dont think he will ever have children or grandchildren.....unless he and his life partner adopt or he gets a hooker preggers....
Old 12-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I have an idea on how to revamp CNN's Larry King's Barely Alive so that people besides pundits actually watch it...

Perhaps Michael should spend some time analyzing a Jenny Craig dinner entree?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
That guy is a d*****bag
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Eeeeeverbody's got to get their two-cents in...

Hey!!! Where's MY interview!?!?!?
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Micheal Moore is a Beeeeep. Id give my right testicle to see him beat down on a daily basis just for Beeeep and grins. I cant stand this guy. His ****************************************** Here I got something for ya you sorry sack of salamander Beeep..... Sorry had to rant this guy makes me sick.

If any mod needs to adjust my foul mouth more suited to pg-13 go ahead. Sorry in advanced this guy just erks me in the worst way.

Mod Edit:

Censored for the faint at heart.....

-gtahvit-
Old 12-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #13
lalometalik
killer bAnana

hahaha^^^^

Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
hahaha^^^^
Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #15
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I can't stand that ignorant Beeep.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 12-05-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: We try and stay away from the f word... Both of them. ;D
Old 12-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #16
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post

I'm staying out of this one. This is bound to get out of hand.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It shouldn't have to get into party politics at all. Moore is just an idiot, 'nough said.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

OK, After a little bit of cleanup.

My apologies to any one who feels they are being censored.

Lets keep this ON TOPIC.

So, discussion on the matter of what makes some one an expert to comment on the current situation is what this thread is about. It seems that we agree Mr. Moore is not an expert and should therefore not been seen as credible...

And feel free to discuss how dumb his statements are also.

And feel free to discuss any one else that says similar junk...

Oh, and this is the last warning.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Mr. Moore most certainly is an expert. He is well versed in the act of OVEREATING. He is also well regarded as an expert in general sloppiness of appearance. Let's not forget his specialty....being an ignorant blowhard. See? Expert all the way!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Where, exactly, is under the Earth? Is that like Mars or Jupiter?

Has there even been an actual-factual connection between cars emissions and global warming?
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 12-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #21
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Nope. But carbon emissions are believed by some to contribute to global warming. The other side of the argument says Global Warming is a natural occurance as part of the earth's cycle and carbon emissions have little to no effect on it.....

Fact: The earth is on a 3 to 5 year cooling trend. And the Polar Ice caps are growing again.

FWIW.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #22
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Where, exactly, is under the Earth? Is that like Mars or Jupiter?

Has there even been an actual-factual connection between cars emissions and global warming?
So far, evidence suggests that emissions of any kind, like the ones from gas-powered cars, could be bad for the environment. That is why we have CAFE. The evidence is strong enough to be believable and to pass in a court of law. Individuals on this site may not believe it, but all the scientists that aren't quacks seem to agree.

Now, I'd like to make a note about fuel efficiency. Like with all modes of production, there is a certain point where additional input does not generate more output or that more efficient use of the same input does not generate more output. In other words, using the standard of simply increasing fuel efficiency standards at the regulatory level sounds great in theory, but it ignores the possibility that fuel efficiency plateaus before the federally mandated amount. In other words, it may not ever be possible to produce vehicles that our society needs—busses, trucks, semis—at the mandated level of efficiency because there is the strong possibility that fuel efficiency may top out before it gets to 36 mpg for a V8 with torque. By raising CAFE standards, the United States is dooming the truck market, making it impossible to purchase a truck by 2020.

CAFE regulations that Michael Moore and a lot of other idiots support are based on the idea of making gas engines more efficient, but I pointed out that there will come a point where they simply can't get more efficient. We might not be there yet, but we can expect that gas engines as we know them today will not get much more efficient while maintaining their torque, horsepower, or other characteristics. Instead of mandating that gas engines get better, why don't we just mandate that there be more alternative fuel sources in the mainstream? It is clear that Congress wants to legislate on this, so we can't ask them not to do that. What we can ask is that they continue to support domestic flex fuel, electric, hydrogen, solar, and other technologies.

In summary, gas engines will hit a wall that they can't break one day. It will be a barrier between pretty efficient and what the government expects. Congress will bitch and moan that it isn't good enough because they like gas because Shell is putting money into their campaign budgets. It's very sad that they feel so committed to making gas better when they should be committed to governing their country well—as opposed to simply governing their country, which they barely do anyway—or investing in alternatives to gas. Yes—getting away from gas as a mainstream fuel source will be a very difficult process in the coming years. It will require millions of dollars per state to make gas the lesser fuel source.

I apologize for my rant, but it bothers me so much that they focus on the inefficiency of gas when they should be focusing on alternatives. Stop crying over gas and look at all the great other options there are. They're like babies crying that one Lego block broke when they have a 5-gallon drum full of other pieces.

I know that many of you disagree with global warming or even alternative fuels, but we have to accept that a lot of others do believe in these resources. The least we can do is look into the positives of some other sources of energy for our daily commutes. We'll still have our muscle cars for a long time.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
I thought you were staying out of this one!^

Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #24
WAY2FAST

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS Red M6
MM is a F'ing IDIOT!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Quote:
I know that many of you disagree with global warming or even alternative fuels, but we have to accept that a lot of others do believe in these resources. The least we can do is look into the positives of some other sources of energy for our daily commutes. We'll still have our muscle cars for a long time.

Closed Thread