Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 3,836
Sticky for Forum

Hello, Sirs!

I don't want our terrific mods to be so bogged down with moving threads referenced previously by myself.

I thought maybe we could put a nice Sticky at the top of Camaro General to let members know.

The NO Political Discussions type Sticky is perfect.

I do not expect you guys to have to patrol all the time, and nobody can expect newer members to know the etiquette in the beginning.

Thank you.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,687
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Hello, Sirs!

I don't want our terrific mods to be so bogged down with moving threads referenced previously by myself.

I thought maybe we could put a nice Sticky at the top of Camaro General to let members know.

The NO Political Discussions type Sticky is perfect.

I do not expect you guys to have to patrol all the time, and nobody can expect newer members to know the etiquette in the beginning.

Thank you.
The man has a point. New users may not know what vocabulary or language to use in the search bar, and they certainly won't be aware of certain rules, like the restrictions on political discussion, because many sites have different rules. When this site blows up in population with the release of our favorite pony car, we may need more moderation anyway, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more users became mods between February and May. This might make everyone's job easier, though.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,519
^^^ nice try.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
suck ups.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,687
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
^^^ nice try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
suck ups.
Seriously, how have you guys not noticed the influx of new people posting about Congress, politics, or other issues without knowledge of Camaro5's policy towards what they post. It seems like it wouldn't take much effort to make that happen, and it could only do good.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The man has a point. New users may not know what vocabulary or language to use in the search bar, and they certainly won't be aware of certain rules, like the restrictions on political discussion, because many sites have different rules. When this site blows up in population with the release of our favorite pony car, we may need more moderation anyway, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more users became mods between February and May. This might make everyone's job easier, though.
This site has a search feature? EDIT: And policies?
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,534
What is this "Search" that you speak of?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Seriously, how have you guys not noticed the influx of new people posting about Congress, politics, or other issues without knowledge of Camaro5's policy towards what they post. It seems like it wouldn't take much effort to make that happen, and it could only do good.
I'm joking with you man you'd make a good mod
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Seriously, how have you guys not noticed the influx of new people posting about Congress, politics, or other issues without knowledge of Camaro5's policy towards what they post. It seems like it wouldn't take much effort to make that happen, and it could only do good.
I stand by my first post.

just messin with ya... I totally agree with the idea.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,266
^^ +1 - Blur's first post in this thread combined with his "list" confirms it!
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
^^ +1 - Blur's first post in this thread combined with his "list" confirms it!
Leave the list alone. I'm somehow on it.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,521
i still don't know what a 'sticky' is
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
ljustin293


 
ljustin293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 15,061
How do you become a MOD?
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i still don't know what a 'sticky' is
fail....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
How do you become a MOD?
by not brown nosing every chance you get...


__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th Gen Camaro curb weight updates. Sticky thread? TT C6 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 130 10-16-2008 02:03 PM
Bolt Pattern and Offsets Kyle2k Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 4 08-29-2008 10:55 AM
Please make the linked thread a Sticky!!! GTAHVIT Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 24 06-14-2008 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.