Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
JW Camaro

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '67 Camaro RS
Lightbulb Photos from the New England Auto Show

Here are some shots I took at the auto show in Boston last night.
It was my first time seeing the 5th Gen and it looked amazing in person.
Neither of the two cameras that I used were anything special, so don't expect too much.
Attached Images

JW Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Sweet!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #3
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them up.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
YellrRS

Drives: Harley Davidson
I was at the auto show today in Boston, very disappointed as the car was surrounded by plexi glass keeping you from getting close. I wanted to sit in it, to see if it felt right, and get an up close look at the inside.

No go, its a friggin auto SHOW, guy said because the car isnt released yet, you could only stare from a distant, wish I had saved the twelve bucks, I have seen more here.

This is turning into quite a bit of aggravation at this point, some of the shine is wearing off, I have already put down a deposit, full of if's, and I dont know's, now were at the look but dont touch stage, geez its just a car isnt it? I sat in an 86k Corvette, but couldnt get near a 30k Camaro, what a drag.
YellrRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #5
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Nice pics! Thanks for posting them up.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellrRS View Post
I was at the auto show today in Boston, very disappointed as the car was surrounded by plexi glass keeping you from getting close. I wanted to sit in it, to see if it felt right, and get an up close look at the inside.

No go, its a friggin auto SHOW, guy said because the car isnt released yet, you could only stare from a distant, wish I had saved the twelve bucks, I have seen more here.

This is turning into quite a bit of aggravation at this point, some of the shine is wearing off, I have already put down a deposit, full of if's, and I dont know's, now were at the look but dont touch stage, geez its just a car isnt it? I sat in an 86k Corvette, but couldnt get near a 30k Camaro, what a drag.
Because they are not production intent yet. Fbodfather said middle of December is when actual production camaro's would be produced for auto shows. I think that's right? Anyone? Father?

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellrRS View Post

There have been a few discussions on this topic previously. Since many of the Camaros (if not all) that are out at these shows used non-production materials (seats, plastics, etc) they don't want people getting in and out of them and causing wear that might make people think it is not a quality car. In addition, the fit and finish in some of the interiors may not be up to snuff and GM doesn't want to send the wrong message. So, therefore, they are trying to keep people out of them until they get production cars out there. They are making production cars right now so it is expected that they will start appearing at shows soon.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #8
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Great pics. That leather trim interior looks good.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
There have been a few discussions on this topic previously. Since many of the Camaros (if not all) that are out at these shows used non-production materials (seats, plastics, etc) they don't want people getting in and out of them and causing wear that might make people think it is not a quality car. In addition, the fit and finish in some of the interiors may not be up to snuff and GM doesn't want to send the wrong message. So, therefore, they are trying to keep people out of them until they get production cars out there. They are making production cars right now so it is expected that they will start appearing at shows soon.
Are you saying that what we see now is less than production quality? If what we are seeing now is less than production quality, I can't wait to see "production" quality. These interiors are awesome.......
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Are you saying that what we see now is less than production quality? If what we are seeing now is less than production quality, I can't wait to see "production" quality. These interiors are awesome.......
Yep these interiors are not production quality per fbodfather. I cant wait to see the finished product!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah they are no where near as good as the finished product should be. These cars where made a while back and are better than the cars the magazines tested but still not the finished product.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
k on the fourth picture down the second one of the interior, on the speaker in the door does it say anything like theres like white on there it looks like it may b writing but i dont think it is but what you guys think?

if it's just dust then it must not be production vehicle like camaropete said cuz i dont thinkthey would let dust already be on there and if there is dust on there that must mean its been around for a while so yeah
Old 12-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
Rekt

Drives: Z34 370Z
Great color.
Rekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Was it your flash, or did they actually have the lights on? I am assuming from the looks of it, that it was your flash...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Awesome!! Thanks for the pics!! I can't wait to see one at the Houston show in Jan 09!!

Man that trunk opening is small, small, small!! LOL!! Eh...not like I am going to try and stuff a Plasma screen in there!

Love the color too :-) I take it the V6/RS we see here has a different suspension on it? It sits a little taller it seems to me....more wheel gap?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
JW Camaro

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '67 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Was it your flash, or did they actually have the lights on? I am assuming from the looks of it, that it was your flash...
You're correct, just the flash.
JW Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #17
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
k on the fourth picture down the second one of the interior, on the speaker in the door does it say anything like theres like white on there it looks like it may b writing but i dont think it is but what you guys think?

if it's just dust then it must not be production vehicle like camaropete said cuz i dont thinkthey would let dust already be on there and if there is dust on there that must mean its been around for a while so yeah
I think what you are seeing is the reflection of some of the inner parts of the speaker through the grill. Doesn't look like anything written on there to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
Awesome!! Thanks for the pics!! I can't wait to see one at the Houston show in Jan 09!!

Man that trunk opening is small, small, small!! LOL!! Eh...not like I am going to try and stuff a Plasma screen in there!

Love the color too :-) I take it the V6/RS we see here has a different suspension on it? It sits a little taller it seems to me....more wheel gap?
It does look like it is sitting a little higher than some of the other RS ones I have seen. Who knows though. That is another problem with having a bunch of pre-production cars running around. We won't really know for sure until we start seeing the production cars.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks, Im getting exited!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #19
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Very nice quality pics, thank you.

This car is crazy good looking.

Personally, I LOVE the I.P. speedo / tach binacles.

Give me some fun!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Great pics. On a side note, this is the first time I really noticed the differece in ride height between the FE2 and the FE3 suspension... the V6 is in the nose bleed section!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I couldn't get anyone to open the hood when I was there.
Even when I called him out for telling someone that it had a 6.2 liter in it.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:54 PM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i wish they'd bring one by here. a salesman told me they had one in nashville for one night in october. it was disappointing that i never heard about it. oh well
Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #23
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Which wheel option are these?!?!?!?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r

Drives: 1991 Caprice
I HATE IT THAT IT IS F**KING ROPED OFF!! Doesn't GM realize that people would like to sit in it and check it out before they buy it!! I know you can do that at the dealership, but COME ON! It wasn't even at the 2008 NAIAS and now since it will be there IT'S GOING TO BE F**KING ROPED OFF!! Why is that?!?!?!?!?!?
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #25
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Nigh7Stalk3r View Post
I HATE IT THAT IT IS F**KING ROPED OFF!! Doesn't GM realize that people would like to sit in it and check it out before they buy it!! I know you can do that at the dealership, but COME ON! It wasn't even at the 2008 NAIAS and now since it will be there IT'S GOING TO BE F**KING ROPED OFF!! Why is that?!?!?!?!?!?
Have you actually read this freaking thread???!!!!! Look at the posts above regarding pre-production materials. Then delete your post so you don't feel dumb.