Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Belts leave streak marks on cloth seats

I noticed on my 1SS from almost the time that I took delivery from the dealership that any belt that I wear leaves a black mark on the cloth seats when I sit down. Luckily the streaks are easily removed with Armor All wipes. It appears that I can't wear belts in my Camaro as I've had clean these streaks three times since March when I took delivery. I've never seen belts leave streaks on any cloth seat I've had in any of the previous cars that I've owned, including several built by GM. I suspect the cloth material used in the Camaro made from a newer material than GM has used in the past. Not this is a major problem since the streaks are easily, but has anyone else with cloth seats seen this?
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
... not on cloth, but I had a similar problem with the leather seats in my 2000 Lincoln LS. The seats were a light grey color, and streaked where my belt was. Unfortunately, I couldn't remove the marks with cleaners and had to replace the seatback cover. After that, I stopped wearing a belt in the car.
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkibisky View Post
... not on cloth, but I had a similar problem with the leather seats in my 2000 Lincoln LS. The seats were a light grey color, and streaked where my belt was. Unfortunately, I couldn't remove the marks with cleaners and had to replace the seatback cover. After that, I stopped wearing a belt in the car.
I think my safety would be worth more than a few streaks on the seats.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
I think my safety would be worth more than a few streaks on the seats.
Were actually talking the belts that hold your pants up, not the seat belt. I have light grey cloth seats and every single belt I've worn has left a nasty streak mark in the seat. Ironically my girlfriend thought I meant the same thing the other day as in seat belts and I had great fun in pissing her off for about three hours by insisting I wasn't going to wear belts in the Camaro anymore.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote