Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
jay11
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 140
WTB 3.73s

WTB 3.73s for my SS......
jay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,521
We have them in stock and ready to ship. If you have any questions just let me know. PM on the way.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Roger Ramjet
Motor Head
 
Roger Ramjet's Avatar
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So MD
Posts: 494
If you have a naturally aspirated M6 you may want to consider 4.10 or 4.30 gears. 3.73s are only a 7.5% change. 3.73s are very aggressive with an A6 because of the deep 1st gear.
__________________
History Camaro's: 83, 93, 95, 98, & 10.
Roger Ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
jay11
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
If you have a naturally aspirated M6 you may want to consider 4.10 or 4.30 gears. 3.73s are only a 7.5% change. 3.73s are very aggressive with an A6 because of the deep 1st gear.
really? 4.10s??? it is a everyday driver.... i will be building the motor soon but im gonna stay with naturally aspirated, no turbos or chargers when i build it
jay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay11 View Post
really? 4.10s??? it is a everyday driver.... i will be building the motor soon but im gonna stay with naturally aspirated, no turbos or chargers when i build it
4.10s are a good option for the M6 cars, even daily drivers. By upgrading the factory 3.45s in a stock M6 equipped Camaro to 4.10s you will realize an equivalent torque gain of approximately 20% or 84 rear wheel lb.-ft. of torque and still only turn 2000-2100 rpm at 70-75mph. We have had more than one customer who do a lot of in town driving report an increase of 2-3 MPG after adding 4.10s. The gearing and extra gears in these cars makes it possible to go to gear ratios that were once thought to aggressive for daily drivers.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
flht99b

 
flht99b's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,332
See thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92578. I've been thinking gears but at this point all I would go with is the pricey but proven Lingenfelter AAM ( OEM ) 3.70 gears. The $800 price tag is a killer though.
Ed M.
__________________
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers & rotors, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, ZL1 Brembo Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredestein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Roger Ramjet
Motor Head
 
Roger Ramjet's Avatar
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So MD
Posts: 494
I would consider 3.90 gears for a M6 but nobody makes them. Changing to 3.73 gears with a M6 is a waste of time and money. Just not enough torque gain (7.5%) with those big tires.
__________________
History Camaro's: 83, 93, 95, 98, & 10.
Roger Ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
jay11
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
I would consider 3.90 gears for a M6 but nobody makes them. Changing to 3.73 gears with a M6 is a waste of time and money. Just not enough torque gain (7.5%) with those big tires.
so you think 4.10s then or is that to big
jay11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay11 View Post
so you think 4.10s then or is that to big
4.10 is awesome in the M6 cars. Upgrading the factory 3.45s in a stock M6 equipped Camaro to 4.10s generates an equivalent gain of approximately 20% or 84 rear wheel lb.-ft. of torque.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
jrh@lpe

 
jrh@lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: anything
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Decatur
Posts: 95
2010-2011 Camaro ring and pinion options

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
See thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92578. I've been thinking gears but at this point all I would go with is the pricey but proven Lingenfelter AAM ( OEM ) 3.70 gears. The $800 price tag is a killer though.
Ed M.
The 3.70 ring and pinion is $699 from LPE. I don't think that is significantly more than the competing 3.70 ring and pinions. Our 3.70 ring and pinions are made by an OEM GM production supplier to production tolerances and specifications.

For AT cars switching to the MT differential can be a fairly cost effective option as well (since you can get a complete assembly for not a lot more than the gears and install kit).

Here are the ring and pinion, differential and install kit prices/parts numbers from LPE:

LPE part # Product Description Retail $
92246988, 2010 Camaro SS 3.45 differential assembly $ 999.95
L380021410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 differential upgrade (with customer core) $ 1,995.00
L380031410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 differential assembly $ 2,895.00
L380011410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70:1 ring and pinion $ 699.95
L380041410, 2010 Camaro ring and pinion install kit $ 199.95


The install kit is a full install kit with the OE shims, bearings etc. It is far more complete than any competing install kit. It works with the factory gears, our 3.70 gears and the Richmond 3.70 and 4.10 gears.
__________________
Jason Haines, Project Director
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, 260-724-2552, www.lingenfelter.com
jrh@lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
flht99b

 
flht99b's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrh@lpe View Post
The 3.70 ring and pinion is $699 from LPE. I don't think that is significantly more than the competing 3.70 ring and pinions. Our 3.70 ring and pinions are made by an OEM GM production supplier to production tolerances and specifications.

For AT cars switching to the MT differential can be a fairly cost effective option as well (since you can get a complete assembly for not a lot more than the gears and install kit).

Here are the ring and pinion, differential and install kit prices/parts numbers from LPE:

LPE part # Product Description Retail $
92246988, 2010 Camaro SS 3.45 differential assembly $ 999.95
L380021410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 differential upgrade (with customer core) $ 1,995.00
L380031410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70 differential assembly $ 2,895.00
L380011410, 2010 Camaro SS 3.70:1 ring and pinion $ 699.95
L380041410, 2010 Camaro ring and pinion install kit $ 199.95


The install kit is a full install kit with the OE shims, bearings etc. It is far more complete than any competing install kit. It works with the factory gears, our 3.70 gears and the Richmond 3.70 and 4.10 gears.
So I can buy the LPE ring and pinion and install kit for $900 and install the gears myself or have someone local do it OR purchase the LPE 3.70 differential upgrade (with customer core) at $ 1,995.00. So if I understand this correctly I need to ship my 3.45 pumpkin to LPE along with a check for $1995.00 ( plus shipping in both directions ) ?? Doesn't over $1000 to set up a R&P sound high ?? This doesn't include labor to remove the pumpkin which some will have to pay ( I do my own work ) and down time of the car.
Ed M.
__________________
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers & rotors, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, full rear cradle & diff bushings, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, ZL1 Brembo Brake pads, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp Cam valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR 5 timing chain, LS2 damper, CAI Cold Air Induction, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 wheels w/Vredestein 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, '11 Convertible spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/FT - polished SS wheels AND WTB - tires Jide25 Wheels / Tires 2 07-28-2010 11:54 AM
WTB Hurst Short throw shifter Arsenal11 Transmission / Driveline 0 05-20-2010 11:14 PM
WTB 20x9 rear wheels lewylew Wheels / Tires 0 03-14-2010 04:18 PM
WTB CAI inc. youngkim V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 0 03-05-2010 08:44 PM
WTB tob9672 Dealer Camaros for Sale 0 08-13-2009 02:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.