|Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.|
|12-08-2008, 10:08 PM||#1|
Smallville Legion January 15, 2009
Episode #8-11: "Legion" January 15, 2009
Written By: Geoff Johns
Directed By: Glen Winter
Guest Stars: Kristin Kreuk (Lana), Alexz Johnson (Imra/Saturn Girl), Calum Worthy (Garth/Lightning Lad), Ryan Kennedy (Rokk/Cosmic Boy)
See some screen captures from The CW's January 2009 Promo featuring some shots of the Legion and Persuader!
UPDATED 11/18/08: That Legion villian appearing in the episode was seen in the CW's promo for January 2009 - the character is the Persuader. (The Nov. 4 "maybe they could be persuaded" spoiler was meant to be a hint)
UPDATED 11/18/08: Calum Worthy will be playing Garth Ranzz/Lightning Lad.
UPDATED 11/15/08: Ryan Kennedy will be playing Rokk Krinn/Cosmic Boy.
UPDATED 11/4/08: In an interview posted on IGN.com, writer Geoff Johns has revealed that we will see Legion flight rings and also makes a reference to the "villain's weapon." No confirmation yet on who that Legion villain will be, but maybe Johns or The CW will eventually be persuaded to spill the beans.
- Johns has revealed that Kristin Kreuk has a "powerful" and "heartfelt" scene and that Allison Mack has some "pretty intense things" to do in the episode.
- Regarding casting: "I love who they have playing the Legion. They look great. I'll talk more about them when they're announced," he says. "But they freaking rock. Legion rings, the villain's weapon -- holy s**t, wait until you see HIM-- "Grife!", they are the Legion."
- Johns seems happy with how the episode is turning out: "I'm actually surprised by how faithful the Legionnaires will be to the comics. It's really faithful to the comic book series. Who they are as people, what they do, it's all in there. Obviously it's going to be a little different because they're just coming back for the first time to meet Clark. They're uniforms are the Smallville versions, not spandex. But I'm really happy with how faithful it is. And writing the first live action of the Legion is an honor."
UPDATED 10/29/08: Don't expect the Legion to be wearing full-on costumes. However, they will be wearing clothing that is evocative of their comic book counterparts, much like Clark has his blue shirt and red jacket.
UPDATED 10/28/08: Alexz Johnson, who starred in The N's Instant Star, will be playing Imra Ardeen, a.k.a. Saturn Girl of the Legion.
- The villain Geoff Johns mentioned using is not Darkseid, Mordru, or the Time Trapper; however, there is an additional threat - it's not just Brainiac.
UPDATED 10/14/08: Three Legionnaires from the future will appear - and if you're guessing it's the same roster that appeared in their first appearance way back when, you guessed correctly... the three Legionnaires will be Garth, Imra, and Rokk, who have powers of electricity, telepathy, and magnetism, respectively.
UPDATED 10/2/08: The threat of Brainiac - who has taken over Chloe's body - brings three super-heroes from the future back to the past. Eventually they work together to try and separate Chloe from her Brainiac side.
- Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore, Cassidy Freeman, and Justin Hartley do not appear in this episode.
UPDATED 9/29/08: This episode features a Legion villain that Johns himself is surprised he was able to use. No word on who yet, but our money's on Darkseid, Mordru, or the Time Trapper.
UPDATED 9/2/08: Writer Geoff Johns has revealed that "Legion" has been pushed back to episode #11, and he has this to say about "Legion" on a comic book forum: "They are absolutely, 100% on point with the Legionnaires and their relationship with Clark Kent. I can say you'll see an appearance by one of the Legion's better known enemies, but I can't reveal who just yet. More information to come when I can talk about it."
UPDATED 7/27/08: Popular comic book writer Geoff Johns is writing the 9th episode of Season Eight, which will introduce the Legion of Super-Heroes to the Smallville mythology. No details have been revealed except that the characters will stay true to their origins and will indeed come from the future.
|12-09-2008, 12:30 AM||#3|
Wow if you like Superman well before he put on the tights your missing out big time. The show follows the comic book prity close. :flag2:
Last edited by Camaro68; 12-09-2008 at 01:03 AM. Reason: info
|12-09-2008, 01:04 AM||#4|
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
I wish Clark would put FLY already...ugh! Great episodes lately...and Lana...jacking up the "moment" with Clark at the party.
Looking forward to more episodes. But, if it follows the comics to a T, I'm afraid to see what's going to happen w/ Mr. Paramedic dude...if ya know what I mean...
|12-09-2008, 09:19 PM||#6|
Yup it is and that jan 15, 09 is going to be awesome, the Persuader! wow and lets not forget Doomsday, brainiac being at the fortress Tag I agree with you on the hole Lana coming in at the party
maybe he will fly this time, they talk about flight rings! and again your right it's time for him to fly. It will be interesting to see what happens to Davis
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|imagine its January 2009...||CamaroSpike23||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||34||01-16-2009 04:10 PM|
|2009 Cadillac CTS-V Runs 12.5-Second Quarter-Mile||Caliman93230||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||30||08-28-2008 09:56 AM|
|Press Release: GM to Bolster Liquidity by $15 Billion through 2009||Mr. Wyndham||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||6||07-17-2008 12:42 PM|
|2009 Dodge Challenger Press Release (introducing model lineup)||Tran||General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion||8||03-20-2008 12:47 AM|