Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Angry Beware XM/Sirius Radio

I know this is probably something everyone knows, but just wanted to repeat.

I am pretty good about checking my credit card bill every month, hope you are too.

I broke the phone sales person down to the $19.99 rate for 5 months. Was told that it would automatically renew every five months. First bill came through at $23 and change. I figures taxes & fees made up the difference.

Five months later (Last month) the bill came through at $28 and change. Somehow I missed this one. Close enough, I must have passed it over.

This month (1 month later) I got a bill for 44.79! They must have figured I let the $28 slip by and would try for more.

Needless to say, I am on hold and cancelling my account.
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
jrc1122

 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,358
Yep, never give them access to your accounts. I always negotiate my 1 year price, and pay it in full with a 1 time payment, and tell them I DO NOT AUTHORIZE them to take any additional money out of my account, and I don't want AUTO renewal on my acct.
__________________
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Performance White
6-speed Manual
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Yep, never give them access to your accounts. I always negotiate my 1 year price, and pay it in full with a 1 time payment, and tell them I DO NOT AUTHORIZE them to take any additional money out of my account, and I don't want AUTO renewal on my acct.


When dealing with XM or Sirius (since they are both now the same company) always tell them to send you a invoice and you will mail them a money order.

NEVER pay them via CC or check cause this crap will happen.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
SuperFly03
 
Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
I know this is probably something everyone knows, but just wanted to repeat.

I am pretty good about checking my credit card bill every month, hope you are too.

I broke the phone sales person down to the $19.99 rate for 5 months. Was told that it would automatically renew every five months. First bill came through at $23 and change. I figures taxes & fees made up the difference.

Five months later (Last month) the bill came through at $28 and change. Somehow I missed this one. Close enough, I must have passed it over.

This month (1 month later) I got a bill for 44.79! They must have figured I let the $28 slip by and would try for more.

Needless to say, I am on hold and cancelling my account.
I bet you only got that price for the first period or two then it was supposed to kick back to normal pricing.

I just pay monthly and have since XM debuted when I was in HS ('01/'02)
__________________
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
SuperFly03
 
Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post


When dealing with XM or Sirius (since they are both now the same company) always tell them to send you a invoice and you will mail them a money order.

NEVER pay them via CC or check cause this crap will happen.
Wierd. I haven't had a problem with them in 8-9 years.
__________________
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Yep, after spending 20 minutes on hold, got it taken care of.

Any special promo price goes away after promo period and you are back to standard billing. When I signed up the girl told me it would automatically renew every 5 months at the $19.99 until I canceled.

Rep. I talked to this morning said you need to call back in 4 months and 25 days to try to get promo rate again.

Car is in shop for another month, so I canceled and will deal with it later.

I know a lot of people have signed up under this program.

Just an FYI moment.
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Thanks for the heads up. I let mine expire after the free trial period since I listen to my music on my phone 90% of the time. I had thought about renewing it but now I might not
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer
 
2ndgenz28's Avatar
 
Drives: All Black
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NWO Toledo Area
Posts: 4,761
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Just member you can fight those charges if you did not approve them at that rate. CC companies will take your side. They will have to prove that you said it was ok to chage more then $20
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Dave McFly
*new car smell*
 
Dave McFly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Jamestown, NY
Posts: 2,114
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Question

does this apply to somebody who bought a XM or Sirius in a store and installed it in a car that did not have it? I ask cause I have a XM my buddy gave me that he did not need an i saw some plans that give you everything for 17 a month (i am sure that is before taxes).
__________________
I don't like it when the voices in my head are quiet, it means those bastards are up to something
Dave McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Just member you can fight those charges if you did not approve them at that rate. CC companies will take your side. They will have to prove that you said it was ok to chage more then $20
After threats on my part, they credited back everything they should.
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,615
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
does this apply to somebody who bought a XM or Sirius in a store and installed it in a car that did not have it? I ask cause I have a XM my buddy gave me that he did not need an i saw some plans that give you everything for 17 a month (i am sure that is before taxes).
$17 per month is their standard everything rate, I'm sure there should be no problem with them charging you that. Mine was a promo rate of $19 for 5 months. Once promo ran out, there was a poblem.
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
ckaram

 
ckaram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,632
They have a $77 annual fee + the $11 royalty charge. This info floated around C5 last year. The first person I spoke to wouldn't honor re-upping at this rate since I already received a promotional discount.

Then I said I was going to let it expire. The gal says, "I'm just confirming that you're going to let the subscription expire without re-newing". I say yes, and she says to hold on and she transfers me to someone else who agrees to set me up with the same $77 promotion I had last year.

I did this last week. That's the trick...
__________________
1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.42 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts
2011 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, IOM in and out, factory Hurst short throw, GMPP axleback exhaust
ckaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Indpowr
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,028
That is a lot of coin for just music. I do like the XM but not that much.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"
 
SQUALO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: York Region, Ontario
Posts: 3,480
I never renewed, after the free trial, and they kept harrassing me with phone calls & junk mail.

After, about 10months of numerous phone calls, and bashing every person I spoke to, and finally thretening them with LEGAL ACTION, they finally stopped. I hope they don't start up again, or they'll be sorry they did. I have documentation of every phone call & person I spoke to.

GM should be ashamed to be affiliated with this company...by the way I sent GM an e-mail regarding my issue too. I hope they get out of the Satelite Radio business all together, and allow individuals to pick and choose their own preferred carriers.

If anyone on this site works for this company, I have no sympathy for you, just do the right thing...GET A REAL JOB WITH A REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY!
__________________
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
SuperFly03
 
Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I never renewed, after the free trial, and they kept harrassing me with phone calls & junk mail.

After, about 10months of numerous phone calls, and bashing every person I spoke to, and finally thretening them with LEGAL ACTION, they finally stopped. I hope they don't start up again, or they'll be sorry they did. I have documentation of every phone call & person I spoke to.

GM should be ashamed to be affiliated with this company...by the way I sent GM an e-mail regarding my issue too. I hope they get out of the Satelite Radio business all together, and allow individuals to pick and choose their own preferred carriers.

If anyone on this site works for this company, I have no sympathy for you, just do the right thing...GET A REAL JOB WITH A REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY!
Damn man. That sucks. They shouldn't be harassing people like that at all. How would they like it if they get harassed.

Satellite radio is good money and it's a good service... or was. Back in '01 it was commercial free... now slowly commercials crop in on stations but luckily not the ones I listen to or I wouldn't be paying for it.
__________________
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT [TEXAS]

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #16
67 Convertible

 
67 Convertible's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
They have a $77 annual fee + the $11 royalty charge. This info floated around C5 last year. The first person I spoke to wouldn't honor re-upping at this rate since I already received a promotional discount.

Then I said I was going to let it expire. The gal says, "I'm just confirming that you're going to let the subscription expire without re-newing". I say yes, and she says to hold on and she transfers me to someone else who agrees to set me up with the same $77 promotion I had last year.

I did this last week. That's the trick...
Same thing with me......just renewed this morning.
Got my car 7/1/09
After the 3 free months, got offer in mail to renew at full price.
Called them in Sept. of '09 and got one year promo price of $77.
Got card in mail last week, that my one year is up and renew at full price.

Called this morning, told the person who answered that I wanted a deal or promo price again on the renewal. She said there was nothing available, if I want to renew for another year, it would be full price. She was nice, but very abrupt and not willing to budge on the price. Told her I needed to talk to someone else or cancel my subscription.

She transfered me to another woman who was VERY nice and cordial. Told me absolutely we can renew you for another year at $77 (plus fees and tax). This is the same pricing I got last year. It's worth it to me for $77, but not full price.

Hold to your guns, ask to speak to someone else and be polite.....they'll give you the deals rather then lose you as a customer. (They have my CC.....I have never had any issues with billing............)
__________________
_____________________________________________
2LT/RS RJT, Blk Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, Sunroof
Placed order at dealer 4/24/09
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man
 
KnightRiderSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by d69chris View Post
I know this is probably something everyone knows, but just wanted to repeat.

I am pretty good about checking my credit card bill every month, hope you are too.

I broke the phone sales person down to the $19.99 rate for 5 months. Was told that it would automatically renew every five months. First bill came through at $23 and change. I figures taxes & fees made up the difference.

Five months later (Last month) the bill came through at $28 and change. Somehow I missed this one. Close enough, I must have passed it over.

This month (1 month later) I got a bill for 44.79! They must have figured I let the $28 slip by and would try for more.

Needless to say, I am on hold and cancelling my account.

This is one of their old tricks....I had xm when it first came out...they did the same thing to me....never again!
__________________
KnightRiderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
jrc1122

 
Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,358
I've had XM from May 09- Jul 2010

Sirius from Aug 2010 - current.

I have heard ZERO commercials on Music stations. AND, NO, I don't consider plugging other channels a Commercial.. They are informing you of other channels that are available to you that you have paid for. They aren't trying to get you to spend money on a product. Which is what paid advertising is.


Talk radio/ News stations. they have Commercials, because of the nature of their business. They can't talk 3 hours straight, Plus much of it is a piggy back feed from FM/ AM stations. Or TV News audio of FNC / CNN / MSNBC they have commercials on TV, therefore XM/ Sirius has to fill the dead air with something.

I have listened to FM about 10 minutes total since I have had Satellite. And I drive 3000 miles a month.. So I have the experience, to speak intelligently on this topic.
__________________
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Performance White
6-speed Manual
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
MAGfuz

 
MAGfuz's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS LS3 IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,148
I'm letting mine expire towards the end of this month (free trial) as I mostly listen to my local rock station or my ipod!
__________________
6/19/10 - PERMA-GRIN since that day!
9/10/12 - Lost previous PERMA-GRIN only to have a bigger one
TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dust behind radio facing???? ttexxan Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 1 03-07-2010 07:14 PM
Has any removed the stock radio. Geoff131 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 1 12-26-2009 08:41 AM
We need help with Electronics wiring diagrams 2SSRS@Gen5diy Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 11 12-13-2009 05:58 PM
DVD/Nav coming? Radio Update Available? UCF w00t Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 1 09-02-2009 02:31 PM
Sirius XM Radio drummerstevey Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 7 08-04-2008 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.