Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Old 01-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #251
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Thanks for the heads up BB.... it's a shame I can't fit my car into the garage... Maybe I'll go somewhere with a parking garage tomorrow and.....stay there all day...? lol
I washed mine and put her in the barn. The worst of the storms start at 2am and last till about 10am. :(
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #252
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up BB.... it's a shame I can't fit my car into the garage... Maybe I'll go somewhere with a parking garage tomorrow and.....stay there all day...? lol
Hopefully, there is no hail because having to get repairs done sucks! Weather.com has taken the the hail warning off (but the "damaging winds" warning remains) so hopefully that's a good sign!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #253
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Hopefully, there is no hail because having to get repairs done sucks! Weather.com has taken the the hail warning off (but the "damaging winds" warning remains) so hopefully that's a good sign!
You're right. That is good, I just checked it. She's gonna get garaged anyways. Too many trees here and at work to drop a limb or something. Not taking my chances.

Wanted to give everyone a heads up so they could prepare if nessicary, looking out for my peeps.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #254
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
I'm all tucked away... Supposed to be 30 degrees tomorrow afternoon...

I think we need to leave them in the garage like they do up North... at least for a day...
Old 01-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #255
LoneStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
You're right. That is good, I just checked it. She's gonna get garaged anyways. Too many trees here and at work to drop a limb or something. Not taking my chances.

Wanted to give everyone a heads up so they could prepare if nessicary, looking out for my peeps.

I understand! My last car got pummeled by a 'surprise' hail storm at my graduation party! I would hate for someone else to have to go through that.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #256
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm all tucked away... Supposed to be 30 degrees tomorrow afternoon...

I think we need to leave them in the garage like they do up North... at least for a day...
I guess Yankees are good for a few things.... lol. I get to drive Skips Swagger Wagon tomorrow while Daisy stays clean and warm in the big ol bard.

Quote:
I understand! My last car got pummeled by a 'surprise' hail storm at my graduation party! I would hate for someone else to have to go through that.
Wow, that stinks!! We have my car in the barn and Dads new truck and moms car under the overhang of the barn Hail suck and is a pain to get fixed. Heck even if a limb fell on it I'd be ticked.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #257
Shadowsong

Drives: 2005 Mustang
Well, I decided to not be lazy, and made room in the garage. It's a tight fit, but at least the 'stang will be safe from the nasty weather!
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #258
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Well, I decided to not be lazy, and made room in the garage. It's a tight fit, but at least the 'stang will be safe from the nasty weather!
WOO HOO!! Way to go!! Better to be safe then sorry!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #259
Shadowsong

Yup, I don't like discovering new dents, dings or scratches...lord knows I have enough already... lol
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #260
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Yup, I don't like discovering new dents, dings or scratches...lord knows I have enough already... lol
+1.

My Dad walked out to the barn to put Mom's car under the overhang and he was like the ground is CRAWLING with dozens of wolf spiders. I'm like great. Now Skip is gonna have to check Daisy out before I get in there on Wednesday. Ugh...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #261
LoneStar

Quote:
+1.

My Dad walked out to the barn to put Mom's car under the overhang and he was like the ground is CRAWLING with dozens of wolf spiders. I'm like great. Now Skip is gonna have to check Daisy out before I get in there on Wednesday. Ugh...
I've never seen a wolf spider and I don't ever want to! Put dryer sheets in the car! It's supposed to repel bugs, spiders and other critters!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #262
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
I've never seen a wolf spider and I don't ever want to! Put dryer sheets in the car! It's supposed to repel bugs, spiders and other critters!
YOU ARE THE SMARTEST HUMAN IN THE WORLD!

Once Skip gives me the clear on Wed morning, I will be doing this. lol.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #263
Shadowsong

Oh man, Mike gets some BIG wolf spiders out at his place, he lives off of 1314, pretty much the middle of nowhere, and the ones around his place at least are nasty. We found one the size of my hand once... it didn't live long. lol
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #264
LoneStar

Quote:
YOU ARE THE SMARTEST HUMAN IN THE WORLD!

Once Skip gives me the clear on Wed morning, I will be doing this. lol.
Glad I could help! This thread is what reminded me of it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126761
I keep a couple of dryer sheets between my matresses (especially if I'm going to be gone for a while), 'cause my bed is the last place I want bugs! I don't know if it works, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #265
Shadowsong

So, sad news here... looking at the weather forecast, there won't be a good carwash day between now, and C&C this weekend :(
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #266
LoneStar

Quote:
So, sad news here... looking at the weather forecast, there won't be a good carwash day between now, and C&C this weekend :(
I'll be heading home to visit my parents, so I'll be missing C&C... AGAIN!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #267
ACE Custom Steering

Drives: Camaro
Returning to Houston in two weeks

Just wanted to let everyone know we will be returning to Houston on 10 Feb 2011, to attend the Corvette & Chevy Expo. We will have a booth at the event, and bring various iterations of the ACE Steering.....crossing fingers for carbon fiber version. Let us know if you would like us to bring a steering wheel just for your vehicle
ACE Custom Steering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #268
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
I guess Yankees are good for a few things.... lol. I get to drive Skips Swagger Wagon tomorrow while Daisy stays clean and warm in the big ol bard.
Good thing the Yankees never come into this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE Custom Steering View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know we will be returning to Houston on 10 Feb 2011, to attend the Corvette & Chevy Expo. We will have a booth at the event, and bring various iterations of the ACE Steering.....crossing fingers for carbon fiber version. Let us know if you would like us to bring a steering wheel just for your vehicle
Awesome... we have around 30 Camaro's signed up for our club display at the expo..

See you there...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #269
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
There is a touchless car wash on the west side of the 336 loop and 105. I always hit the touchless car wash in Cut N Shoot on 105 for occasions like this and then use a little detailer.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #270
LoneStar

Quote:
Even sadder news: There won't be a C&C this month.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...s/250042415686
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #271
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Shadow is talking abut C&C in the Woodlands not Houston. But I did read that. Those guys cant catch a break.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #272
freddie4x4

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS White
Just wanted to chime in -- new Camaro SS owner here! and in Houston! Any tips for protecting the car in downtown garages? I already got the wheel locks (hardly a deterrent) but still.

I have a garage for nights -- so, its kinda safe there!

Also, never met up for C&C -- this is my first "real" Chevy
freddie4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #273
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
freddie....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

OH and BTW....check us out!!! http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/forum.php

come on down and join in on the local fun!!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #274
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie4x4 View Post
Just wanted to chime in -- new Camaro SS owner here! and in Houston! Any tips for protecting the car in downtown garages? I already got the wheel locks (hardly a deterrent) but still.

I have a garage for nights -- so, its kinda safe there!

Also, never met up for C&C -- this is my first "real" Chevy
I usually end up driving around the block a few times to find just the right spot... used to find the 3.50 parking but w/ the Camro I go for the $8 lots or garages and go up a few floors where the traffic is thinner. Never had a problem knock on wood.

You definitelly need to meet up w/ us sometime. Our biggest meet is in the Woodlands on the 1st Sunday each month. Might be a little cold this weekend. Just follow the link on Sir Nukes post...

and welcome...
Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #275
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Houston Cars & Coffee

FEBRUARY C & C CANCELLED

See announcement.............

Folks,

Due to the uncooperative nature of the Edwards MarqE property management, we will not be having a Cars & Coffee gathering this month. For those of you who attended our January gathering, I think you will agree it was one of the best we've ever had - both from the standpoint of the vehicles present, and also in terms of traffic management (and the virtual elimination of reckless driving). During the event, LA Fitness sold several memberships and is now an enthusiastic supporter, Red Robin offered to help not only with providing food and restrooms, but also with the costs of security. We felt we were on pretty solid ground with continuing the event at this site.

Not so. Without having attended either the December or January gatherings, the property manager informed us that she's received numerous complaints and that we are no longer welcome. We made a very concerted effort to improve our gathering, but ultimately it was not enough to satisfy the MarqE management.

At this point we're in preliminary talks with a commercial site that has no retail space. Since the MarqE provided no amenities to us and we've had to coordinate that ourselves, we feel that a non-retail commercial location could free us from constantly coping with retail patron parking places. I will inform everyone as soon as I know any details.

If you have any feedback please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Regretfully,
Jorge Verdejo

Houston Coffee & Cars
www.houstoncac.com