Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #51
Nessal

Drives: Lotus Exige
Sheesh talk about necro post!
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #52
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
2012 2ss has rear view camera, HUD, leather, ambient lighting, Boston speakers, connectivity package (USB port) and heated seats. All is standard with 2ss and 2lt. The only options left would be cosmetic or the hurst shifter, sunroof and of course the rs package.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #53
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
2012 2ss has rear view camera, HUD, leather, ambient lighting, Boston speakers, connectivity package (USB port) and heated seats. All is standard with 2ss and 2lt. The only options left would be cosmetic or the hurst shifter, sunroof and of course the rs package.
For 2012 the 1SS has leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather dash inlay, and leather-wrapped Hurst shifter stock.

I personally didn't see the value in spending $40K+ for a Chevrolet w/ the 2SS/RS package. For that money, I could have just gotten an Evo X MR. It's pretty easy to get an Evo up to Camaro SS power/weight ratio, but the Camaro will never be faster on Oregon roads than an Evo. On a smooth dry racing surface probably, but anywhere else forget about it (especially when the weather/traction start to go away).

The only thing I didn't like w/ the 1SS package was the lack of PDM, which I already ordered, along with trailing arms, toe links, 1-4 skip shift eliminator, and splash guards. Other than that, I don't think it needs anything else to be an adequate pony car.

Cloth seats are actually grippier in the corners than leather, and don't hold a temperature. The 1SS seats are both electrically adjustable which is more creature-comfort than I really care about. I would much rather have the manually-adjustable Recaros in an Evo X.

The stock halogen headlights suck, but I put some Sylvania SilverStar Ultras in there and they are fine now. I could have added HID's if I wanted.

As for the rest, the aftermarket is going to offer you way better parts than GM at the same price point, and you get more choices. For example, for just under $1K you could get some nice Sparco seats w/ way more support than any Camaro seat: http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_street.asp?id=645

Stereo stuff? sky is the limit. Mood lighting? I don't care if GM put it in, it's pure rice from 15 years ago.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote