Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
restodaveny
 
Drives: 1972 Chevy Camero
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Carmel, NY
Posts: 60
Rail car tracking

So I am finally getting my car I have tried to use the rail tracking info on the forums but both rail companies do not recognize the rail car number its CN 704133. I know this is a Canadain company and i tried their website but you cant use the tracking service without a corporate account. Any ideas?
restodaveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
HeavyD

 
HeavyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,330
Try CNA 704133
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
eric grinder
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 46
I tracked my ride into Buffalo NY headed to MASS. However it's been at Buffalo for a few days according to the trackink info by the 800 number. Now will I be able to use this rail car number all the way to MA or will the # be switched??
eric grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
crzycicada
 
crzycicada's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric grinder View Post
I tracked my ride into Buffalo NY headed to MASS. However it's been at Buffalo for a few days according to the trackink info by the 800 number. Now will I be able to use this rail car number all the way to MA or will the # be switched??
The rail car number should stay the same. They generally stay in the same rail car, just switch companies/locomotives. If when you call one company and the status stays constant for awhile, try a different one (most likely UP).
__________________

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Nezacant
 
Nezacant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric grinder View Post
I tracked my ride into Buffalo NY headed to MASS. However it's been at Buffalo for a few days according to the trackink info by the 800 number. Now will I be able to use this rail car number all the way to MA or will the # be switched??
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycicada View Post
The rail car number should stay the same. They generally stay in the same rail car, just switch companies/locomotives. If when you call one company and the status stays constant for awhile, try a different one (most likely UP).
Your car will be CSX all the way. UP = Union Pacific and by pacific they mean west coast. Buffalo is Customs so it will be there for a few days.
__________________
Proud owner of a Black 2010 2SS/RS Chevy Camaro.
Nezacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
crzycicada
 
crzycicada's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by restodaveny View Post
So I am finally getting my car I have tried to use the rail tracking info on the forums but both rail companies do not recognize the rail car number its CN 704133. I know this is a Canadain company and i tried their website but you cant use the tracking service without a corporate account. Any ideas?
It's on CSX. Call 1-800-235-2352 and go through the automated system. DO NOT SPEAK TO A LIVE OPERATOR.

Here's your status:

CN704133: received at interchange Buffalo, NY on 8/27 0434 am
Scheduled to place, Dormasado Ramp, NJ, 9/1 at 1100 am
__________________

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Nezacant
 
Nezacant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by restodaveny View Post
So I am finally getting my car I have tried to use the rail tracking info on the forums but both rail companies do not recognize the rail car number its CN 704133. I know this is a Canadain company and i tried their website but you cant use the tracking service without a corporate account. Any ideas?
Load. Its in Buffalo Customs right now. You have an ETA of Sept. 1st. (For the rail yard not your dealer.) The Railyard is somewhere in NJ but I couldn't make out the city.

Your Rail rail car number is correct btw. The number to track it is 1-800-235-2352. When it asks for Initials, say CN. It will then ask for a number, say 704133.
__________________
Proud owner of a Black 2010 2SS/RS Chevy Camaro.
Nezacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
novocaine
 
Drives: cgm 2ss m6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: kennewick, wa
Posts: 37
same problem

I am expecting the car soon, to Washington state. The Union pacific number prompts me to tracking but then never gets anywhere.

Rail car # ETTX711981

any thoughts?
novocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED
 
jsharp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ar
Posts: 2,335
I guess I am missing how to get the rail car number if anyone could assist my vin is
2G1FK1EJ3A9146582
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
coronado89
 
coronado89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS F1-D procharger,
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 126
mine is ETTX907937 is there another # I need..
coronado89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #11
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED
 
jsharp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ar
Posts: 2,335
ETTX850489 if someone could track it
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
pastohio
 
Drives: Indy Pace Car
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 248
Sorry for this, what are you going to do, try and stop the train and get your car off....it will be there when it gets there....I think you are putting yourself through a lot of worry for something you have no control over....I find these posts rather funny ....just my $.02
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED
 
jsharp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ar
Posts: 2,335
glad we could humor you. This is just to see where the car is. I would like an ETA due to financing at bank and need to know when to start my financing process which takes 2 days dont want the car on the lot and the financing not be done yet. Its not a control thing i can assure you
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #14
HeavyD

 
HeavyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,330
Novocaine - I tried to call UP and BNSF, got absolutely nowhere! I looked at some of the other RR sites and really had to dig around and didn't find any handy-dandy numbers for the general public to call. BNSF tracking number that I found was a secure login, I had to give my name first, so I hung up. The UP number that was posted on the sticky thread does not have a prompt for tracking. I used to be a conductor for CP in Canada. RR's really don't care about the public. They care more about running their trains. Seems you need a customer logon for pretty much all the sites. There used to be a day where you could type in any rail car # and it would pop up. Not anymore, too much security, post 9/11 paranoia, and RR have to respect customer privacy. Your Camaro is your car, but the to the RR GM is the customer. If you read the sticky, there are lots of people who can't find the info they want. Some people have the proper customer logons to gain access to the tracking. Maybe they can help, or maybe we need a list of actual phone numbers. Other than that, I guess you will just have to wait!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
HeavyD

 
HeavyD's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,330
ETTX711981 found a picture of your railcar though...
Attached Images
 
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
coronado89
 
coronado89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS F1-D procharger,
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharp View Post
ETTX850489 if someone could track it
your car is in michigan as of 3:50p.m.
coronado89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
halo8hkk

 
Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Novocaine - I tried to call UP and BNSF, got absolutely nowhere! I looked at some of the other RR sites and really had to dig around and didn't find any handy-dandy numbers for the general public to call. BNSF tracking number that I found was a secure login, I had to give my name first, so I hung up. The UP number that was posted on the sticky thread does not have a prompt for tracking. I used to be a conductor for CP in Canada. RR's really don't care about the public. They care more about running their trains. Seems you need a customer logon for pretty much all the sites. There used to be a day where you could type in any rail car # and it would pop up. Not anymore, too much security, post 9/11 paranoia, and RR have to respect customer privacy. Your Camaro is your car, but the to the RR GM is the customer. If you read the sticky, there are lots of people who can't find the info they want. Some people have the proper customer logons to gain access to the tracking. Maybe they can help, or maybe we need a list of actual phone numbers. Other than that, I guess you will just have to wait!


im having the same issues my rail car is cpaa556567. i called the automated line for Canadian pacific and all it says is on forrien carrier and gives a date of 9-20-09 5:58am is this the eta of arrival or is this some thing else. my car is going to Denver so i believe it is on bnsf but i cant get any info from bnsf with out a log in.
__________________
2000 Z28 = Beast
forged 383 ls6, to many mods to list
Dyno= 453hp 430tq at the wheels
best time= 12.6@110 in the July heat at 6000ft alt
DA Corrected = 11.396@121.765
75 shot Giggle Gas = 12.2@118

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #18
BigBOSS
 
BigBOSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
im having the same issues my rail car is cpaa556567. i called the automated line for Canadian pacific and all it says is on forrien carrier and gives a date of 9-20-09 5:58am is this the eta of arrival or is this some thing else. my car is going to Denver so i believe it is on bnsf but i cant get any info from bnsf with out a log in.
Call your dealer afaik.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Mods: Staggered 20" Lexani LX15 Wheels, Airraid CAI, AAC Blue LED Dome/Trunk Lights, AAC LED License Plate Lights, AAC LED P13W Running Lights w/Harness, Metra Radio Kit, Kenwood DNX9960 DDIN Radio, JL Audio 10" W6 Sub, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, Subthump Sub Box and Amp Rack, AeroExhaust Resonators
BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
halo8hkk

 
Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 981
i know more than my dealer does. he told me my car mite be in production when i got a vin # from viz 3 days earlier. he actually told me to let him know when the car gets to Denver because i will know before he does, and he will send a truck up to pick it up. not to mention every time i call i get a voice mail.
__________________
2000 Z28 = Beast
forged 383 ls6, to many mods to list
Dyno= 453hp 430tq at the wheels
best time= 12.6@110 in the July heat at 6000ft alt
DA Corrected = 11.396@121.765
75 shot Giggle Gas = 12.2@118

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
Y2Breeze
 
Y2Breeze's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Posts: 205
Hmmm..

I get ETTX908724 has no status available. I know it switch to CN on friday, but either CN or CNA with the rail number is no status available.
__________________
2010 1LT/RS CAMARO #45387 - NMGGH6 - V6/M6 - AQUA BLUE METALLIC, BEIGE INTERIOR, C&C PACKAGE
1100 : 10/06/2009 2000 : 08/10 2500 : 08/11 3000 : 08/11 TPW 09/07 3100 : 08/24 3300 : 08/24 3400 : 09/01 3800 : 09/14 - 2G1FF1EV1A9145387 4000 : 09/11 4200 : 09/16 4200 : 09/23

Y2Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
getarz4u15ster
 
getarz4u15ster's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Frederick,Maryland
Posts: 271
Wahoo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
Load. Its in Buffalo Customs right now. You have an ETA of Sept. 1st. (For the rail yard not your dealer.) The Railyard is somewhere in NJ but I couldn't make out the city.

Your Rail rail car number is correct btw. The number to track it is 1-800-235-2352. When it asks for Initials, say CN. It will then ask for a number, say 704133.
Just called and found out my car will be at the rail-yard in on the 22nd, then to be trucked to the dealer!!!! It's getting closer!!!!!
__________________
2010 RJT SS
Port and Polished, Milled .005 Heads
Patriot Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers&locks
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
Whitepre
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM GFX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 42
how do u track it when its in the rail. My number is ETTX905367. I called the 1-800 number and then it say put the cars initials. whats intials whould that be?!? Help!!!!!
__________________
Wizzle!

1100: 07/14/09
3000: TPW 08/31/09
3800: 09/07/09 GOT VIN
SHIPPED 09/12/09
DELIEVERED TO DEALER 09/23/09
DEALER TO BUYER(ME!) 09/26/09
Whitepre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
pglover19
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepre View Post
how do u track it when its in the rail. My number is ETTX905367. I called the 1-800 number and then it say put the cars initials. whats intials whould that be?!? Help!!!!!
ETTX is the initials.....
pglover19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #24
Whitepre
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM GFX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
ETTX is the initials.....
ok now it says enter the 5 digit number. I have a 6 digit number. AHHHHHH!
__________________
Wizzle!

1100: 07/14/09
3000: TPW 08/31/09
3800: 09/07/09 GOT VIN
SHIPPED 09/12/09
DELIEVERED TO DEALER 09/23/09
DEALER TO BUYER(ME!) 09/26/09
Whitepre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #25
thumperhoglady
 
thumperhoglady's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White RS/SS, H2-03
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Van Buren
Posts: 29
Hey jsharp! I called this morning.....It hit NLR yesterday afternoon!!!! Maybe this Friday, so by wednesday start paper work........unless it sits forever like mine still is!!!! (my rail car went empty yesterday, so maybe being loaded on truck)
thumperhoglady is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washing/Detailing for Newbies MRK III Z28 Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 111 07-21-2014 08:37 PM
Got my Zaino today lordfriday2 Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 261 05-31-2014 10:00 PM
What's considered a Muscle Car? SyN General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 125 09-25-2010 12:04 AM
1st Car Show and meeting Al Oppenheiser! scrming 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 44 08-17-2009 04:46 PM
FIRST DETAIL: '10 Camaro SS #4768 Steve P Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 4 07-09-2009 12:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.