Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
cerberus
 
cerberus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 510
Any St. Louis dealers at or below MSRP

I know I have seen a few people from the St. Louis area on this board; can anyone recommend or has anyone already ordered from a St. Louis dealership. I have spoke to a few and they tend to want to be over MSRP. Any recommendation would appreciated.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
ron8879
 
ron8879's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LT1 VR CAMARO #14568
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: a rock throw away from st louis mo
Posts: 384
I dont know where you are in st louis, but jack schmitt in ofallon IL is just on the other side of the river off of 64....This is where I am getting mine from, at MSRP. Let them know I sent ya...hope that helps
__________________
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"
HOTROD...flowmaster exhaust, color matched antenna and drip rails, barton shifter, 4 pack gauges, leather armrest, color matched spoiler, and emblem delete, 20x9 chrome wheels
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
josh1147
Delivered 29June09
 
josh1147's Avatar
 
Drives: Early Order Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 411
I can get you one through my Brother in Law....MSRP guaranteed. PM me if you are interested.
__________________
2SS/RS, VR, Blk hockeys, Blk leather, MN6, sunroof, GFX

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
I ordered mine via Weber Chevrolet at MSRP, although I wouldn't really recommend them. They won't place the order via quick order and the salesperson never responds to my emails.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
ddennis
#3736
 
ddennis's Avatar
 
Drives: 1978 Z28, 2003 & 2007 Z71,
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St Louis
Posts: 180
Ordered mine at George Weber in Columbia, IL; at or below MSRP. See John Isbel. Tell him I sent you.
ddennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,601
Call Wes Milby At Reliable Chevrolet In Springfield MO for good Service and MSRP at 417-299-1957 He got my order on 10/17/08 for A 2ss/rs Cyber Gray Metallic, Auto, white strips, 20" polished Wheels, Inferno Orange Interior, And Courtesy Delivery to my AZ Dealer.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
josh1147
Delivered 29June09
 
josh1147's Avatar
 
Drives: Early Order Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 411
Pinegar Chevrolet in Republic, MO (just outside Springfield MO)
866.732.1871
Tad - New Car Sales Mngr (tell him Josh referred you)

MSRP without even questioning.

Family owned and run. Excellent service. Very responsive. I have bought every GM car I've owned through them and even my Dad who lives in South Carolina buys through them. When I lived in Virginia, they would deliver my vehicles to me at no cost.

Finance folks are not slimeballs either if you need financing.
__________________
2SS/RS, VR, Blk hockeys, Blk leather, MN6, sunroof, GFX

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
TomServo
 
Drives: 2007 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
I dont know where you are in st louis, but jack schmitt in ofallon IL is just on the other side of the river off of 64....This is where I am getting mine from, at MSRP. Let them know I sent ya...hope that helps
Same here, I'm their #1 @ msrp.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
ROAD TRIP!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
Camaroinmo
 
Camaroinmo's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. louis, MO
Posts: 89
Glad you started this thread just in case I order the Camaro. I'm still not totally decided though. I will tell you this. There is no way in hell I'd pay MSRP for a Chevy. They need me a lot more than I need them.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #11
Sean_W
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 659
I usually post to another 5th gen forum, but I can't help buyt help out a fellow st. louisin. Got mine through Elco Chevrolet on Manchester Road in Balwin (address is 15110). MSRP in writing. In fact, they have been given direction not to take over MSRP from their owners (on any car.. ever). These are a bunch of really cool guys. The dealer to go through is Pat Stroker. Their number is 636-227-5333. Been there twice, first to place the order and twice to make a change in it. Both times, they did the order and printed out the copies for me to take. I do believe he still had some allocations left.

Tell him Sean sent you
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #12
cerberus
 
cerberus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 510
Thank you all for your replies, from some of your replies I did some research and I will say that both Pinegar Chevrolet (Tad) and Jack Schmitt Chevy were very helpful. Tad gave me some advice to look around here and find a dealer that had not used up most of their allocations...I was able to find Gastorf-Schrumpf in Warrention MO. and ordered it tonight. I spoke to Tim Ridgway, he answered all my questions and if he didn't know the answer he didn't give BS, he called me back with the answers. I was the second to order and they have an allocation of 4. I had spoke to a dealer near my house today and he said he would give me the best deal in town at $3,000 over MSRP. Since I had to drive so far to place my order Tim provided a $300.00 incentive to come out and buy from him. Needless to say, I am very satisfied and ordered my 2SS Cyber Gray Camaro tonight...The phone number for Tim is 636-456-3318 Gastorf-Schrumpf Warrenton MO.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #13
Camaroinmo
 
Camaroinmo's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. louis, MO
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Thank you all for your replies, from some of your replies I did some research and I will say that both Pinegar Chevrolet (Tad) and Jack Schmitt Chevy were very helpful. Tad gave me some advice to look around here and find a dealer that had not used up most of their allocations...I was able to find Gastorf-Schrumpf in Warrention MO. and ordered it tonight. I spoke to Tim Ridgway, he answered all my questions and if he didn't know the answer he didn't give BS, he called me back with the answers. I was the second to order and they have an allocation of 4. I had spoke to a dealer near my house today and he said he would give me the best deal in town at $3,000 over MSRP. Since I had to drive so far to place my order Tim provided a $300.00 incentive to come out and buy from him. Needless to say, I am very satisfied and ordered my 2SS Cyber Gray Camaro tonight...The phone number for Tim is 636-456-3318 Gastorf-Schrumpf Warrenton MO.
Which dealer was charging $3k over MSRP? Also, thanks for the local info.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #14
cerberus
 
cerberus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 510
The sales person I spoke to was at Jim Trenary Chevrolet and he said he had the best deal in town at $3000.00 over MSRP. Needless to say it was a short phone call.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
Camaroinmo
 
Camaroinmo's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. louis, MO
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
The sales person I spoke to was at Jim Trenary Chevrolet and he said he had the best deal in town at $3000.00 over MSRP. Needless to say it was a short phone call.

Thanks for the heads up. That's the exact dealer I was going to check with first since I'm right down the street from their O'Fallon Store. Looks like I'll bypass the local guy and give my tax dollars to another municipality.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #16
cerberus
 
cerberus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: St. Charles MO
Posts: 510
Well that's just one saleman, who knows if it was just him or if the entire dealership is dong that...I would think about calling Tim (636-456-3318) at Gastorf-Schrumpf in Warrenton MO, it's only about a 45 minute drive. I am very happy with him, if so, tell him Mark sent you. Hope this helps.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #17
alleykt123
err… MEOW!
 
alleykt123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 GTO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I ordered mine via Weber Chevrolet at MSRP, although I wouldn't really recommend them. They won't place the order via quick order and the salesperson never responds to my emails.
I would be careful with Weber Chevy. I work with a broker who has had some printing done for them and he told me that he will only work with them on a cash basis - no credit. In other words, if can't get the cash up front for print work for Weber, he won't do business with them.
__________________
2005 GTO - Phantom Black Metallic Red A4 1 of 286


Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
Sean_W
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykt123 View Post
I would be careful with Weber Chevy. I work with a broker who has had some printing done for them and he told me that he will only work with them on a cash basis - no credit. In other words, if can't get the cash up front for print work for Weber, he won't do business with them.
That could be good for a car buyer. It only means they are strapped for cash and probably need anything coming through the door. May be willing to take lower amounts just to get the sale.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
alleykt123
err… MEOW!
 
alleykt123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 GTO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 422
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
That could be good for a car buyer. It only means they are strapped for cash and probably need anything coming through the door. May be willing to take lower amounts just to get the sale.
From what I've been told, that's not very likely...
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRP or below, Dealers KILLER74Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 1313 03-02-2014 09:39 PM
"7 ways dealers make you pay extra" MajorTom Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 37 06-10-2009 07:42 AM
My Dealer says Your Dealers are all ripping you off! Captain Awesome Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 59 06-08-2009 10:44 AM
inferno orange metallic/dealer mark up BigTrap1967 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 53 12-08-2008 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.