Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
hansenp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
Unhappy Fading orange leather

Is there a tsb about this? My front seats are fading but not the headrests. It is about 75 percent garaged plus tinted side windows with Uv block. So what the heck with only 7,000 miles. I wana see what the dealer can do if anything . New seat wraps I was told were 1200 dollars
hansenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
Are you sure it's not from your blue jeans. A lot of light interiors get the dye from blue jeans to rub off on them.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
This sounds strange. It may be the dye rubbing off. Have you conditioned the leather?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Pics...probably your jeans. Happened to our Enclave with the grey seats.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
hansenp

That too but no its fading for sure. Even the leather shop said they were in great condition except the fading
Old 09-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Mine has 17k miles+ on the IOM seats and isn't fading, they do get dirty very easy, not only that I sat on them soaked once and turned my clothes orange. Still, they look the same orange as when they were new. Very strange
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
obe1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM, 1995 Blown Z28
I've got 13K miles on my orange leather seats and no signs of fading.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 AM   #8
SoTHavok

Drives: Inferno Orange SS
i got 13k too, they do look dirty but not too much fading. i wear jeans everyday too, and its tinted and garage 75% also. the bottom half do look little faded now that i look at it

2SS/RS L99 Inferno Orange,Flowmaster,CAI
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
I'd take it to the dealer. It has a bumper to bumper warranty, and the seats are between the bumpers.
Russell James is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
hansenp

Yeah i always prepare for the worst so at least I would have some back up if it happened to someone else for some reason the headrest is great but anything below that u can clearly see the color diff
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
I'm having the exact same issue.

Both the passenger and drivers side seats are fading except for the headrest and the area that the headrest covers.

It's tinted, garage kept most of the time, and when out and about I have a sunshade for the windshield.
And no denim is allowed in my Camaro.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
And no denim is allowed in my Camaro.
I was about to say that it's sad that you have to go to such extreme measures to protect your seats. But then I realized that even that didn't prevent the problem. Way to go, GM.

For what it's worth, my Camaro's seats were beige so they were two-tone with beige on the inside of them and dark gray on the outer edges. Over time I noticed that the dark gray dye seemed to be rubbing over onto the beige! Apparently from getting in and out of the car. It came off with leather cleaner, but it was surprising to me because it was quite noticeable at 5,000 miles. Can't imagine what those seats will look like at 100,000 miles.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
No denim allowed? Jeeze, that's extreme.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
The headrests are vinyl, which is why they fade at a different rate.

If was going to order a convertible with leather, it would not be the orange interior. It would look like crap in a few years.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
It's not an issue of fading at different rates, but more of an issue of WHY are the seats of a garage kept car with tinted windows fading at all this soon.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #16
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Ok sorry to jack this thread, but my orange leather seats are cracking and the finish or color is coming off is this covered under warranty ? I bought the car used, and the radio won't keep the date right
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i can just see what the dealer is going to say,famous last words,"THAT IS NORMAL".
let us know the outcome.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
Gene Culley

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
Ok sorry to jack this thread, but my orange leather seats are cracking and the finish or color is coming off is this covered under warranty ? I bought the car used, and the radio won't keep the date right
That is a warrantable item as long as it is still under warranty. I've noticed the date keeps changing on mine as well. I thought it was me, but I guess it really is a problem!
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
Has anyone tried this product yet? http://www.leathernu.com/?rahm_id=364214
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenp View Post
Is there a tsb about this? My front seats are fading but not the headrests. It is about 75 percent garaged plus tinted side windows with Uv block. So what the heck with only 7,000 miles. I wana see what the dealer can do if anything . New seat wraps I was told were 1200 dollars
Pictures would be an asset to see. How is the passenger and rear seats in comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
No denim allowed? Jeeze, that's extreme.
Unfortunately this is the case with today's materials. My father and I use to do warranty work for a Canadian furniture chain and it's common. Sad thing is most people wear jeans and would expect to be able to do so on their furniture. Jeans easily cause abrasions due to the texture being rough and the leather being soft. Any light color leather shows dirt very easily. Darker colors tend to fade faster with use of jeans. Dirt example below (Sorry for resolution as it was taken by my fathers cell phone)

We cleaned the Left Hand Facing (Right side of photo)
The pain is trying to get the dirt out of the stitching around the seams as those are dirt traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexcam1 View Post
Has anyone tried this product yet? http://www.leathernu.com/?rahm_id=364214
Well again since I use to be in the business I have used such a product and it does the job but remember it's a patch so not very effective in common use areas such as the seat as it will wear again. It's great for lesser used areas that happened to wear. Also it takes extreme patience to color match with the colors they supply to you.

To fixed common traffic area's would create spray dye mixes and used a special sealer cure time would be 24 hours.

I didn't do much of the leather aside from cleaning because I didn't have the patience but I did watch my father and his friend who works privately in leather repair. (She's the expert who made the spray's and sealer)

Most of the times to the customers they were pleased with our work but to me I guess because conscientiously I knew it was a repair job that I'd notice slight differences in color.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
40K and 33 months, no fading here. Have the dealer check it out. Is it both front seats?
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #22
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
My '10 SS orange seats look fine after 3 years and 24,000 miles
possably because I've never cleaned them with anything.
As far as the radio goes, that's normal if it's parked for several days.
It keeps the correct time but not the date.