Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack Discuss issues related to wheels and tires

Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders Verification Camaro Needed in SF Bay Area

I am sure all of you have checked out our Pedders components. GM Racing has and they love them.

I am looking for a first release Camaro to do a TrackII system to verify and document the install. this is a normal function that Pedders USA does. Plus I will use your Camaro for my Camaro install manual. I write all the manuals for installation of all of our components.
You can also elect to use our eXtreme MonoTube 30 way adjustable coil-over if you wish.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
BITCHIN CAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS SS
Mike-
I live in the Bay Area and would be interested in the verification offer.
Thanks,
Rob
Robcollect@sbcglobal.net
BITCHIN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BITCHIN CAMARO View Post
Mike-
I live in the Bay Area and would be interested in the verification offer.
Thanks,
Rob
Robcollect@sbcglobal.net
when do you expect to get your Camaro, who are you getting it from and what are the options

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
id like to put my cam in the ring. im from salinas ca which is a hr and a half away but id drive there. im getting the first one at my dealer i have 2ss auto my email is therockrm20@aol.com
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
BITCHIN CAMARO

Mike-
I ordered the RS/SS Inferno Orange, CGM Stripes, shorty headers and orange accent interior. Ordered an automatic, but may switch to a manual with the Hurst. The car is coming from Putnam Chevrolet in Burlingame and have priority #1.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike-
I ordered the RS/SS Inferno Orange, CGM Stripes, shorty headers and orange accent interior. Ordered an automatic, but may switch to a manual with the Hurst. The car is coming from Putnam Chevrolet in Burlingame and have priority #1.

Thanks,
Rob
Awesome!! Keep me informed. You would not believe the changes our systems will make, and yet still offer a great ride.

We obviously have not had the opportunity to do lots of testing on the Camaro. We have had "access" to it, but no play time. But based on Dale Earnhardt Jr. experience driving it, and others, body role is still a really big deal. So with that said, even though the spring rates and suspension travel will be less than the G8, it still will have tons of looseness.

Here is a picture showing the lack of control and excess travel and looseness of the G8. This picture was taken going on the rebound after driving on an uneven surface

I have observed a heavy 60-0 max braking application and the back en lifts just like this, and the front end collapses. Doing our systems not only will seriously improve handling, but will look really good, and also make the brakes work better due to the control of the body role and movements

I had a chat with the editor staff of Motor Trend on this picture because it is totally shows the G8 in a negative way. I also challenged him to do a comparison our Pedders G8 and the BMW M5. Our Pedderized G8 will out handle, out acceleration a $105,000 M5 at less than half the price. The only advantage the M5 may have are their brakes. But with the potential Brembo package that will be available, the braking will be close to the same. If we put the new style 6 piston BAER brakes and oversized rotors, we will be equal or better. They will consider it they said.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
BITCHIN CAMARO

Mike-
What's the downtime for the install? I will let you know when the cars gets a delivery date.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike-
What's the downtime for the install? I will let you know when the cars gets a delivery date.

Thanks,
Rob
2 days. It is about a 15 hour job or so. If you want to see the process, you can see it on one of my webshots folders here:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/565293362RwypFx

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
well looks like you found ur camaro should probably close the thread
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

As the saying goes,

It is not a done deal until the fat lady sings!!

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Drives: Camaro Justice
I am looking forward to delivery of my 2010 Camaro. Do you think I might qualify for this program?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:33 AM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am looking forward to delivery of my 2010 Camaro. Do you think I might qualify for this program?
So what is your suspension experience?

mike
dms
Old 12-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
I have 34 years of suspension experience. Every car I've owned has had suspension!

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
So what is your suspension experience?

mike
dms
Uh.... I am an owner of Pedders USA, LLC. Does that mean I am qualified?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #15
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
So...you two don't know each other?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Hey Mike I have a 2ss IMO, 6spd, with hood and hockey stripe and IMO interior coming.

I am priority 1 out of Courtest in San jose, also where i live. I may be interested when the time comes and will let you know an arrival date when I know.

Also The parts stay on after installed right?
D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #17
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Parts we install on Shop Certification Vehicles stay on the vehicle. The R & D is already done. What we are confirming is there have been no changes in the production version of the vehicle.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Guys

Pete snuck in the eXtreme Xa coil overs for the Camaro. You may want to get involved with them. I do not know if the price will ever be this low again

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=10641&page=2

mike
dms
Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Guys,

The eXtreme Xa coil overs have been a real hit. Pedders is taking orders for them thru tonight ad pete recently decided to offer them to the Camaro group. The price thru tonight will be $1311+. You cannot order these thru our web store. It will require a 15% deposit to secure them. If you are interested, you must call Deb at Pedders at 248-522-8021

Hope everyone has a great New Years and be safe!

last day to order!!
mike
dms
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 PM   #20
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Just got off the phone with Deb, my order is in...How's that for last minute!

Hope you guys have a prosperous new year and thanks.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Thank you all for your business. Here is our most recent video with our four door Camaro and some skid pad play.

We had arranged a really good pad at the airport. Then a military helio decided they needed the space to land due to a "maintenance issue'. We ended up in an OTB parking lot with pavement so bad it could have passed for a chain saw.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Sure is cornering flat! Enough with the teasing, let's see if those new coilovers put you over 1.0g !
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Sure is cornering flat! Enough with the teasing, let's see if those new coilovers put you over 1.0g !
Geez, I am teasing myself. The skid pad was so coarse it torn tread blocks out the the right front tire. That precluded our completing the testing in Texas. By the time I got back from SEMA the snow was flying up here. I still don't know where we are!

I can tell you with the rear ride height dropped down to 585mm or three inches lower than OE and the front at 615mm or about 1 3/4 inches we are about 49/51 with me in the driver's seat. We have gone more aggressive with a bit of negative toe -.30 per wheel front and rear. The cambers are the same at -1.6 front and -1.8 rear. Turn in is exceptional. We have the damping set to 21 front and 19 rear. We backed the front bar off two positions. The adjustments alone should be good for a .1 or .2 increase and when combined with the new Xa coilovers, Forgeline wheels and Bridgestone Pole Positions we should be really close. The car in freezing weather feels glued to the road on summer performance tires.

TommyZ is doing some paint work and putting his touch on the car. It will have a black center rood section, the tail lights are being shaded with body color paint on the top of the lens to give it a more flowing look and the rear fascia is now body colored. We installed E & G Classic fine race mesh grilles all around. We took it a step further and cut out all the OEM black plastic. The car looks great.

We have a dealer in Virginia Arrington Engines that builds a 440 HEMI. The Arrington family has been in NASCAR for a long time. They have a 300C with a http://www.arringtonengines.com/p-10...n-engines.aspx that has been fully Pedderised. We are very close to having a ProCharged Pedderised G8 vs a 440 Arrington Powered and Pedderised HEMI Shootout at http://www.virclub.com/ with a couple of NASCAR Drivers behind the wheel. That may be my first opportunity to get the Xa / 275/35/19 skid pad results.

As soon as all this is done, we will probably be taking delivery of our 5th Gen and starting all over again.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Someone should Photoshop a Camaro on it. LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #25
Info@PeddersUSA.com

The beta Camaro Pedders Xa coil overs are in the states. We are, however, going to do the test fit and testing in Michigan, and not here.

However, I am the technical guy for Pedders, and I am the one that writes the manuals, does the training, and answers the majority of the technical questions. I will not be at the beta testing. Pete will do this. However, I will need a Camaro to do photos for training manuals, and I want to do it ASAP. This means yours will be one of the first in the country, and i will do the install personally. I will, however, require the installation of, at a minimum the Street1 package as well. This will include our special radius rod, diff insert, and the rear cradle bushings. We will be offering a special intro price, so I cannot tell you what the special price will be yet including installation and 4 wheel alignment.

So keep this offer in mind. You will have to bring your Camaro to Livermore, where I am at.
thanks
mike
dms