Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
IDMTfirefighter

Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
9-11-01...9 years later

Honor those who lost their lives...Pray for their families and for our military serving in harms way defending America and freedom

FDNY, 343, Never Forget!

MODS: CUDA style hockey stick graphics, K&N drop in, custom 9-11-01 Nose Badge, MOPAR hood struts, MOPAR pedal dress up, chrome fuel fill door, Debadged grill, Jones Full Boar Muffler w/Resonator delete, Chrome exhaust tip, DIY eng compartment dress up, Custom 3.5L High Output hood badges
IDMTfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
NEVER FORGET

:(
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The people who died without reason should not be forgotten. We owe the heroes of that day a great debt that we will never be able to repay. Do not forget this day.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Don't forget and don't forget our military still fighting the war, and all of our solders and airman that gave their lives for our freedom.....

Semper Fi....................
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The people who died without reason should not be forgotten. We owe the heroes of that day a great debt that we will never be able to repay. Do not forget this day.
Never Forget!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
68RamAirGTO
68RamAirGTO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1968 GTO
Send a message via MSN to 68RamAirGTO
Don't forget to fly your flags today also!
Attached Images

68RamAirGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Remembering those that lost their lives on 9/11 and in the aftermath that followed.

Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
Please keep those 1st responders who gave their lives and continue to due to sickness and exposure ........Never forget.......

epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #9
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
9 years... Never forget.

I may not be military, or FD, or PD, or EMT.. but as an Aircraft Mechanic I'm still sickened by all of it. Knowing the industry like I do makes that 20/20 hindsight hurt even more. Don't get me started on transponders..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Don't forget and don't forget our military still fighting the war, and all of our solders and airman that gave their lives for our freedom.....

Semper Fi....................
Or the militaries of your allies who have been in Afghanistan, fighting and dieing along side the US for all these years.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Let us never forget. Let us also keep in mind that it is not enough to just remember. We must use every means available to keep our great nation great, and most importantly- FREE.

"United we stand" is a wonderful slogan, but 9/11 was a grim warning. United we stand, but divided- we fall. Let us honor the memory of our fallen friends and family by always fighting against subversion- HERE, in The United States. Let us show the word that we are not intimidated by terrorists, and that we CAN keep our leaders on a leash.

We will never forget. May we never merely 'remember' in complacency.
Here's to everyone across the nation that knows that freedom comes at a cost, and to the brave men and women of NYC who paid more than their share.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Let us never forget. Let us also keep in mind that it is not enough to just remember. We must use every means available to keep our great nation great, and most importantly- FREE.

"United we stand" is a wonderful slogan, but 9/11 was a grim warning. United we stand, but divided- we fall. Let us honor the memory of our fallen friends and family by always fighting against subversion- HERE, in The United States. Let us show the word that we are not intimidated by terrorists, and that we CAN keep our leaders on a leash.

We will never forget. May we never merely 'remember' in complacency.
Here's to everyone across the nation that knows that freedom comes at a cost, and to the brave men and women of NYC who paid more than their share.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Very well said!!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!

Thanks go out to all who serve, military, EMT, fire and my brother/sisters in blue. Stay safe, and watch your six!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
:flag2::flag2:

going to change my avatar with the American Flag for today for 9/11

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
:flag1:
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Never forget!
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I remember waking up that day late, after the first tower had been hit.

I quickly went next door to my Grandfathers house where he was sitting in his recliner watching it on TV too and I kinda look at him for an answer on what to do. But he had none. Which was as shocking as the towers attack.

I guess in my mind I thought since he was in WW2 he would have an answer but then again maybe because he was n in WW2 he didn't have one for me.
[As he stepped off that boat on D-day and the guy next to him took a bullet in the head and dropped like a rock.]

Maybe because of that he didn't say grab your gun and go join up boy like I expected.

And when I think of it, I think the same things.

Just give me a shotgun and a rowboat, or ducttape me to a nuke with a steering wheel on it and Ill finish the job.

Vengeance is mine thus saith the Lord, Ill bring the punishment.
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...-all-over.html

----------------------------------------------
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate.
In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law.
To pursue... natural justice.
This is not vengeance.
Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response.
No, not vengeance.
Punishment."
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #17
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
I will never forget.

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, first responders, and families changed forever by this act.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #19
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Dedicated to some of our crew we lost on 9/11 (UAL 175 & 93)

a photo of the last plane to land at ORD on 9/11 and the 1st to head out after 9/11
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT - VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I will never forget that day, and it still hits me like a ton of bricks all over again, every 9/11 since then...all the memories and photos and videos of that day come crashing back into my mind...visions that I block out the rest of the year, since they are so traumatic to me...

I remember not knowing if my husband was dead or alive on that day, since he frequently attended meetings in the World Trade Center...

I remember trying to reach him by office phone, cell phone, and pager, and not reaching him for hours and hours as I sat by helplessly watching it all unfold on LIVE TV...

I remember being on the phone with my Dad, on and off, as each part of that fateful day took place...

I remember when my husband finally called me, long after both towers had fallen and I was physically ill by that time with worry if he was alive or dead...

I remember him telling me that he saw the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower from his office in Brooklyn, with the towers across the river from his building...

I remember smelling the acrid smoke of death and destruction through my windows in my house for days and days after it happened, since I live about 30 miles from NYC, where it all took place...

I remember all the people in my community that perished that day and the streets in my town that were re-named for the brave hero firefighters and police officers that died trying to save others, while selflessly giving their own lives...

I remember the beautiful skyline of NY being changed forever...

I remember having nightmares of planes hitting my house for many months after it happened...

I remember it all, and I will never, ever forget.....

"All gave some, some gave all"...amen....
Attached Images

"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #21
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I remember that day, it had been a bad enough year for us, (earthquake in feb & my husbands car wreck just amonth earlier).
was laying beside my husband waiting for the alarm to go off to get my son off to school & then head to the paint shop to drop off our 95 camaro for its new hood & paint job.

when my brother in law (who was living with us at the time) came knocking on our bedroom door to turn on our TV.
So we did just in time to watch the towers fall.
shortly after that the phone calls started coming in from family members asking if he was going to be shipped out. heck at that point in time We didnt even know if he was going to be allowed on base.

dropped off the car & came back home, turned on the TV & didnt shut it off, for a week or two.

my son came home saying hatefull words about Arabic people (he was only 7yrs at the time) we set him straight.

I jumped ever time the phone rang hoping it wasnt the phone call to ship my husband over seas. (that came in 05 thought)
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #22
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
The only event I remember from anything below 3rd grade
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #23
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
I was a senior in highschool. I was also an office aide after my first period. I remember being done with my 1st period class and heading to the office. When I got to the office and walked in principals and all were huddled around the tv. I could see that one of the World Trade Towers was smoking. I asked what happened and the said a plane crashed into it. I asked what kind of plane and they said they were not sure. Right after that I watched the second plane hit. I said WTF we are under attack. It was a VERY VERY sad day. :(
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote