Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
SinisterSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno orange camaro SS
Dropped the car off at APF

Left Sinister with John at APF (Atlanta performance & fab.) yesterday. He is going to fabricate me a purdy new tank to hold the methanol. Also going to install a new cam, and pulley the KB down a little bit to get some more boost out of her and see what happens !! . I highly recommend these guys to anyone needing any type of work done. They are amazing FI tuners and fabricators. They get things done quickly, and the right way every time. Good people all around.

Thanks
Keith
2010 IOM 2SS camaro. Mod's: MTI racing adjustable coilovers, MTI big red swaybars, MTI plugwires, ACS hood, Heritage grill, full ARH 1 7/8" longtube exhaust system, Kenne Bell 2.8 ltr. polished blower, Coolingmist meth injection system, smoked taillights and bezels, IOM matched side markers and deleted camaro badging. 601 RWHP 574 FT. Lbs @ 8 lbs. boost.
SinisterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
I agree !!
I had John tune my SS a couple of weeks ago
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
I agree !!
I had John tune my SS a couple of weeks ago
Nice. Howd she turn out ?

Keith
2010 IOM 2SS camaro. Mod's: MTI racing adjustable coilovers, MTI big red swaybars, MTI plugwires, ACS hood, Heritage grill, full ARH 1 7/8" longtube exhaust system, Kenne Bell 2.8 ltr. polished blower, Coolingmist meth injection system, smoked taillights and bezels, IOM matched side markers and deleted camaro badging. 601 RWHP 574 FT. Lbs @ 8 lbs. boost.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Turned out great!, John did a great job on my tune.
I have one of the LS9 cams sitting here waiting for me to do the LS3 swap, and I think that a set of longtubes to go with the cam, then take it back to John for another tune.
I came over for Caffine and Octane the other week, but didnt see your car.
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
lb10ss

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, Black/Inferno Orange
Me and two of my buddies took our cars there' we live five hours away , well worth the drive
lb10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Turned out great!, John did a great job on my tune.
I have one of the LS9 cams sitting here waiting for me to do the LS3 swap, and I think that a set of longtubes to go with the cam, then take it back to John for another tune.
I came over for Caffine and Octane the other week, but didnt see your car.

No I didnt make that one. John did call me to see if I was going, but I had all my little girls by myself that day, and couldnt pull it off. There is a big car show on the square in downtown marietta this weekend that I am going to put the car in, see how I do in the late model class. You should come back up and hang out.

Keith
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
John@APF

Drives: Very Slow...
Thank guys, you know we do all we can to keep our customers happy in our little shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSS View Post
Also going to install a new cam, and pulley the KB down a little bit to get some more boost out of her and see what happens !!
Hoping not to find out how many licks it take to get to the center of stock axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb10ss View Post
Me and two of my buddies took our cars there' we live five hours away , well worth the drive
I aint never heard so much shit talking between three grown men in my life
John@APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb10ss View Post
Yeah, John told me about your cars I think. Your bud's with Gary? Heard your cars ran very well. John really knows his shit. Guy can fabricate with the best of them, and can tune with the best of them. I would love to see him get really busy.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
you trying to get an under the hood tank?

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
you trying to get an under the hood tank?

No. I am having John make a new trunk mounted tank to replace the one that came with the system from Coolingmist. Nothing wrong with the cooilngmist tank function wise, I just thought a larger, custom built one would look sweet.

Keith
Old 09-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Maybe you'll bring that thing out to road atl. in dec. 4th and 5th. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
GoodTimes

Drives: 1968 Camaro, 2002 Grand Am GT
Just moved to Atlanta 2 months ago. I can tell you that from all the good things that I have heard about John and APF, this is where I will take my car when I need work. Still have to get a new Camaro though I have my 68 Camaro coming down from Northern VA to join me soon. I definitely need some new gearhead friends!
GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
Just moved to Atlanta 2 months ago. I can tell you that from all the good things that I have heard about John and APF, this is where I will take my car when I need work. Still have to get a new Camaro though I have my 68 Camaro coming down from Northern VA to join me soon. I definitely need some new gearhead friends!

U wont be dissapointed I promise you. Going to go hang out at a pretty large car show this Saturday. You should come hang out.

Keith
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
SinisterSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Maybe you'll bring that thing out to road atl. in dec. 4th and 5th. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly. That would actually be very fun. seems like something always comes up when I want to go with you guys.