Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Rear deck lid noise???

I just dropped off my car to the dealership to check out a noise and was going to see if anyone else has this problem. When I take tight turns at somewhat higher speeds it seems as though something was left in the rear area by the speakers because I can hear it sliding back and forth depending on which way I turn. Almost sounds like washers.

The dealer couldn't replicate the noise yesterday so I drove them around today and did some "sporty" turns and he definitely could hear it. I will wait and see what it is
ackeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Spoiler nuts loose :(
??
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
EZ SPEED
ZZOSIXX

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Yeah, I had a extra spoiler nut left in my trunk lid from when the car was built that I removed
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Merc
COTW 12/5/11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Spoiler nuts are off and rattling around inside the trunk lid. Open and close the the trunk lid you should be able to here them.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
ackeight

It sounds like it is in the car. Wouldn't you hear it when you open the lid up? I dont
Old 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
ackeight

It turned out to be some sort of round key lock type thing. I don't have a pic of what it is, but the dealership said he has never seen anything like that before in a car. It was in the rear part of the headliner. Go figure. All is well now.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2004 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Spoiler nuts are off and rattling around inside the trunk lid. Open and close the the trunk lid you should be able to here them.
I have the same thing. The spoiler came loose earlier this year. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed the spoiler but did not locate all the nuts that came off. It still rattles when I open and close the deck lid. I plan on taking it back to the dealership before I put it away for the winter. I saw the factory notes on fixing a loose spoiler and it states to locate the loose nuts and remove them.