Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
a6pk2go

 
a6pk2go's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 1,721
Mirror fell off my windshield AGAIN!!!

Hey Guys,

I live close to Dallas and the heat has caused my mirrors to fall off on both my cars in the past. I was heading home from church on Sunday and went over a railroad track which is normally pretty smooth and it jolted the car a little too much and I will be darn if the mirror didn't fall of again. This is the second time I will be putting it back on. What is the best glue to put on it to make sure this NEVER happens again? Super Glue? I have tried the stuff you get at Auto Zone and also from the dealer but geez, I for the life of my have never had this problem before.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,856
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
clean the residual glue from the window and the mounting block with alcohol. ensure the entire area is completely clean. then you should be able to find some mirror adhesive that will hold up to the heat. apply it on as per the directions, you might even put tape on it to hold it firmly in place. id leave it to cure for at least 24 hrs with the tape holding it in place just to be safe, then reinstall the mirror.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
a6pk2go

 
a6pk2go's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
clean the residual glue from the window and the mounting block with alcohol. ensure the entire area is completely clean. then you should be able to find some mirror adhesive that will hold up to the heat. apply it on as per the directions, you might even put tape on it to hold it firmly in place. id leave it to cure for at least 24 hrs with the tape holding it in place just to be safe, then reinstall the mirror.

Thanks. What kiind of tape should I use?
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
TFord
Camaro Fanatic
 
TFord's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Z28
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,812
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
gorilla glue is some pretty strong stuff...but takes practice, the stuff expands a bit when setting. but once cured that stuff will take part of the windshield off if you have to remove that rearview mirror...lol

Make sure there no residual glue before application.
__________________
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
a6pk2go

 
a6pk2go's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
gorilla glue is some pretty strong stuff...but takes practice, the stuff expands a bit when setting. but once cured that stuff will take part of the windshield off if you have to remove that rearview mirror...lol

Make sure there no residual glue before application.
It takes practice??? I have already been doing that with other things. Do you mean it takes practice before I use it on the windshield? This may be the way I go because with the heat down here I don't want to spend anymore time messing with it than I already have. Right now it is cold and I need to clean out my garage so I can get it inside and warm enough to do the job. Does the windshield have to be at a certain temperture before installation?? BTW..........thanks for responding.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear windshield cover The_Beast_ Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 55 12-03-2008 11:06 AM
So some guy put his parking ticket on my friend's windshield. nester7929 Off-topic Discussions 5 11-24-2008 02:22 AM
Bad paint job? Lose a windshield or roof. Silverado General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 4 08-25-2008 09:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.