Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
Anybody uses Borla catback.

I wonder what's the hp gain? I know Corsa cat back gains about 6hp and 7lb/ft. I checked borla's site they just say it's 43lbs lighter than the stock. So anybody has a dyno yet? I like borla cuz it looks good to me (4.5" tail pipe, correct me if I'm wrong). so plz anybody, I'm about to order one.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
1Camaro2SS

 
1Camaro2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,426
I installed a Borla catback sport type and am pretty happy with it. I did not get a custom tune just a predator handheld tune. I really don't know if it improved performance at all but it sure is lighter in weight. I installed it myself and was easy to do. So far no regrets. Be sure to shop around for a good deal. You can easily over pay few hundred $$ depending where you buy it.

I have not put the car on the dyno before or after so don't know what gains I got. I plan on doing few more minor mods such as CAI then get a custom dyno tune. For now I just wanted some better sound and look.
1Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Camaro2SS View Post
I installed a Borla catback sport type and am pretty happy with it. I did not get a custom tune just a predator handheld tune. I really don't know if it improved performance at all but it sure is lighter in weight. I installed it myself and was easy to do. So far no regrets. Be sure to shop around for a good deal. You can easily over pay few hundred $$ depending where you buy it.

I have not put the car on the dyno before or after so don't know what gains I got. I plan on doing few more minor mods such as CAI then get a custom dyno tune. For now I just wanted some better sound and look.
V6 man, V6...
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
are you talking about v8, 1camaross
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
1Camaro2SS

 
1Camaro2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,426
Yes I was referring to my V8, sorry I didn't read the thread carefully on my mobile.
1Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
Uh... you can give Borla a try =D I heard from someone that it sounds good too. But being lighter won't increase horsepower or torque. Just gives u more power to weight ratio. So you'd be faster from A to B. =p But weight doesn't improve your dyno tests, just your track runs. =)

How much does the borla cost anyway?
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Uh... you can give Borla a try =D I heard from someone that it sounds good too. But being lighter won't increase horsepower or torque. Just gives u more power to weight ratio. So you'd be faster from A to B. =p But weight doesn't improve your dyno tests, just your track runs. =)

How much does the borla cost anyway?
Around $1400, may get good deal somewhere. I like the look. need to see the dyno so bad now.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
well just saying now... dont expect too much out of just the Catback system. Corsa's 6HP and 7ft-lbs torque probably is too optimistic to say the least. Obviously I haven't dyno'd my car since my Corsa... but just saying... you'll get most gains from the Headers.
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #9
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
yeah, I know. That why I figure, saving weight is more reliable than gain power. And, yeah, headers gain more, I'll probably get BBk cuz
. and borla flows better cuz I saw a vid on youtube says borla flows better than straight pipe. Dont know if that's true but must flow better than the stock.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
for sure it will flow better than stock. I agree, all Aftermarket is probably better than stock =D. As for the BBK... there are long discussions on which headers are best... and there is still no clear choice. But BBK is cheaper in price... so thats a winner.
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
for sure it will flow better than stock. I agree, all Aftermarket is probably better than stock =D. As for the BBK... there are long discussions on which headers are best... and there is still no clear choice. But BBK is cheaper in price... so thats a winner.
yeah, I saw the vid. BBK's got highflow cats. btw, my friend, what do you know about highflow cats? Are they worthy it. cuz there are some people tell me that the thing won't last long.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
Im not sure what your friends are talking about... You need at least a set of Cats (Catalytic Converters) to pass any legal smog test. Otherwise you can run straight pipes... but it's not worth the fine you have to pay for when you get caught. I have a friend who installs his stock headers back everytime he goes into a smog test.... but imo, just get the hi flo cats, they gain so much more from the stock anyway, u won't notice the difference in performance compared to straight pipes. The sound will be a BIT more quiet, but again, none of us here are using straight pipes... unless your car is just a track car. Which I suppose you can =)

btw, all headers have optional hi flow cats available, not just BBK. It's just a regulation thing, you have to have Cats to be street legal =)

btw where in Canada are you? I'm in BC
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:35 AM   #13
muscle
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Im not sure what your friends are talking about... You need at least a set of Cats (Catalytic Converters) to pass any legal smog test. Otherwise you can run straight pipes... but it's not worth the fine you have to pay for when you get caught. I have a friend who installs his stock headers back everytime he goes into a smog test.... but imo, just get the hi flo cats, they gain so much more from the stock anyway, u won't notice the difference in performance compared to straight pipes. The sound will be a BIT more quiet, but again, none of us here are using straight pipes... unless your car is just a track car. Which I suppose you can =)

btw, all headers have optional hi flow cats available, not just BBK. It's just a regulation thing, you have to have Cats to be street legal =)

btw where in Canada are you? I'm in BC
WOW, thanks bro. That helps a lot. Thank you so much. I mean it. And I'm in BC too, What a coincidence.. I live in North Vancouver. How about you.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #14
jagan323
I have no life
 
jagan323's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Top Gear Test Track
Posts: 3,190
Burnaby =) I guess you didn't make it to our Summer Meet up. Tons of Camaros met up this summer. Check it out:

http://spadesv6.blogspot.com/2010/08...se-part-1.html

Anyway, I know a couple good guys near me, we all drive V6 lol, we could meet up sometime if you ever interested =) PM me anytime. Btw I post on the blog a lot, so if you ever need mod ideas and stuff, check it out.
__________________
jagan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Aftermarket Exhaust Video Clips Compilation tjbusa Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 538 Yesterday 06:03 PM
Borla, Magnaflow, Agency Power, K&N, AEM and more @ Import Image Racing!!************ ImportImage V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 41 11-01-2010 08:19 PM
FS: Borla ATAK full catback. blake2010ss V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 24 10-10-2010 03:50 PM
Borla ATAK catback w/ARH Headers sound clips!!! TornadoSS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 5 09-19-2010 10:10 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.