Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Unhappy RIP Kenny McKinley you will not be forgotten buddy

Apparently former South Carolina star, and Broncos WR, committed suicide yesterday. :(

Absolutely the best 4 year receiver South Carolina ever had. He played along side Sidney Rice. And with sub par to average qbs. He put his heart on the line for us every play. He was very fun to watch.

He brought joy to those around him

You will not be forgotten by Gamecock Nation buddy.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Just heard. I wonder what was so bad in his life that he had to kill himself...or i wonder if it was an accident...rip.:(
Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I just saw this. So sad and very hard to understand. No one really knows what goes on in anyones mind.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
How does anything in life push one to end theirs? I just do not understand it.

As somebody who has died, and been brought back: I can tell you all that life is the better choice, no matter WHAT you are facing.

RIP.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Sax1031

The sad thing is that this year both Clemson and South Carolina have lost great players that moved onto the NFL. Both lost way to early. :(
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Its a shame he didn't have a group of supportive friends and family to detect the early signs and act on them.

Being in the Military, they took this stuff very seriously, and I was asked on two separate occasions if I was okay, and if I was thinking clearly, and if I was having any suicidal thoughts. (I had some major stuff going on in life during those times)

Ofcourse I was fine, but I completely understood why they asked. Hell, a lesser man, may have done something stupid. Especially without intervention.

Let this be an eye opener to all of us. I've personally asked a friend (we only stay in touch w/ FB now, but still friends) if he was okay upstairs, and told him he could talk to me about his marriage if need be.. Guess what. He opened up, and I'll never know if my interaction with him changed things, but I wouldn't be able to handle it very well if he had done something like suicide and I didn't at least try to help, especially when he seemed to be reaching out.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Sax1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
Its a shame he didn't have a group of supportive friends and family to detect the early signs and act on them.

Being in the Military, they took this stuff very seriously, and I was asked on two separate occasions if I was okay, and if I was thinking clearly, and if I was having any suicidal thoughts. (I had some major stuff going on in life during those times)

Ofcourse I was fine, but I completely understood why they asked. Hell, a lesser man, may have done something stupid. Especially without intervention.

Let this be an eye opener to all of us. I've personally asked a friend (we only stay in touch w/ FB now, but still friends) if he was okay upstairs, and told him he could talk to me about his marriage if need be.. Guess what. He opened up, and I'll never know if my interaction with him changed things, but I wouldn't be able to handle it very well if he had done something like suicide and I didn't at least try to help, especially when he seemed to be reaching out.
Well you see that was the problem with McKinley. If he was facing mental demons, as I would be inclined to believe he had a mental disease, he never showed it. The thing you hear over and over is how his smile and attitude brigthened the room and made everyone else happy.

Kind of hard to see a person might be suicidal or facing demons if they always appear happy and make everyone else happy around them.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
R.I.P. Kenny. :(
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote