Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #205
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
^Hmmmm. I think turn by turn already puts an arrow up there, but i'm not sure. Definitely a cool idea though.
It would be cool if it was like a regular NAV only it appeared in front of you like a HUD.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #206
Fifth Camaro

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS
New member here, this is my first time to post. I have owned 4 Camaro's, 79 Z/28, 82 Z/28, 83 Z/28, and 2002 SS. My last 2 Camaro's have been black, and from the pictures of the new Camaro, Black looks awesome. But having owned black for 25 years, that is a color I no longer wish to take care of!!! So I have ordered a 2SS in Silver Ice Metallic.

I'm trying not to get dumped as a thread jacker here, but it appears that almost everyone as ordered the RS package to go along with the SS package. When that happens, you then have to upgrade to the polished wheels, or you are stuck with the darker color wheels, which don't look very good to me.

So, that really leaves only the HID headlamps and the change in tail lights as what you get to add the RS package to the SS. Are they really worth it? I had no intention of adding the RS package, as I personally like the looks of the silver SS emblem over the red RS emblem, but now I am trying to determine if the HID is really worth the cost, to then suffer with the red RS emblems.

Also, does anyone know when a Camaro will hit a dealer in Kansas city?
Fifth Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #207
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
So, that really leaves only the HID headlamps and the change in tail lights as what you get to add the RS package to the SS. Are they really worth it? I had no intention of adding the RS package, as I personally like the looks of the silver SS emblem over the red RS emblem, but now I am trying to determine if the HID is really worth the cost, to then suffer with the red RS emblems.

first off, welcome to the site anything you can't find with the , feel free to ask. you'll most likely get some answers pretty quickly!

for your questions, if it's any consolation, you also get body-colored roof ditch moldings (instead of black). the SS/RS also gets a red SS badge instead of silver. as far as being cost-effective, it's a steal. if you were to get all those parts aftermarket (the HIDs, the darker tail lights, wheels, spoiler, & painted roof moldings) it would cost much more & they wouldn't be covered in the manufacturer's warranty. i've got no clue about where demo units will be... sorry.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #208
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
That is a cool color. Ordered cyber gray 2ss might reconsider.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #209
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
New member here, this is my first time to post. I have owned 4 Camaro's, 79 Z/28, 82 Z/28, 83 Z/28, and 2002 SS. My last 2 Camaro's have been black, and from the pictures of the new Camaro, Black looks awesome. But having owned black for 25 years, that is a color I no longer wish to take care of!!! So I have ordered a 2SS in Silver Ice Metallic.

I'm trying not to get dumped as a thread jacker here, but it appears that almost everyone as ordered the RS package to go along with the SS package. When that happens, you then have to upgrade to the polished wheels, or you are stuck with the darker color wheels, which don't look very good to me.

welcome to the site....also have you seen the MS wheels, there not that
much darker.... I think they are AWSOME
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #210
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablanco View Post
Can someone get a pic of the fuel door and confirm if its a button or a lever to open it and as well from the driver seat looking out the front windshield? I think are a good request. PLSSSSSSS
driver's view sortof - not really sitting up enough.
Attached Images

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #211
ablanco

Drives: 04 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

Thank you for the pic it's close enough! Great job for putting them all up
ablanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #212
Lt16spSS
Motown Madman

Drives: 1991 Z28, 1997 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablanco View Post
Can someone get a pic of the fuel door and confirm if its a button or a lever to open it and as well from the driver seat looking out the front windshield? I think are a good request. PLSSSSSSS
push the door and it opens. no remote or pull cable
Lt16spSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #213
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
are you takin requests and drivin back & forth? you're just on top of it today! great pics!

ps - got any of the headlight switch? i wanna know how the halos are turned on separately
Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #214
Lt16spSS
Motown Madman

Drives: 1991 Z28, 1997 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
are you takin requests and drivin back & forth? you're just on top of it today! great pics!

ps - got any of the headlight switch? i wanna know how the halos are turned on separately
halo's are you DRL's, and if you turn on the parking lights manualy they activate.
Lt16spSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #215
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt16spSS View Post
halo's are you DRL's, and if you turn on the parking lights manualy they activate.
I thought the fog lights were the DRL's on the RS package?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #216
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I thought the fog lights were the DRL's on the RS package?
they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt16spSS View Post
...if you turn on the parking lights manualy they activate.
if they only come on with the parking lights, how'd they do this?

Last edited by zebra; 12-18-2008 at 06:37 PM.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #217
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Quote:

If you don't like the red SS emblems just go to your parts guy and have him order a set of the silver ones.. swap them out then you got the best of both worlds. I would say 2 emblems will cost in the neigborhood of 60 bucks retail and if you get in good with your parts guy you may bea able to get them at dealer cost

Welcome to the Forum

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #218
T! E! X! A! S!

Drives: No car
What are the plus and minus signs on the back of the sterring wheel..IS it tapshift
T! E! X! A! S! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #219
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Yes^That is the tapshift for the automatic transmission.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #220
Kdeehill

Drives: None
Cool

MMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a sexy shade of blue, however, i'm, still gettin dat camaro in a dark orange with black racing stripes DAWG!!!!!
RESPECT RESPECT
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #221
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
they are

if they only come on with the parking lights, how'd they do this?
Because they are not the DRL's they are your parking lights, look see the side markers are lit up, wouldn't be lit up if just the DRL's were on....
at least thats my theory, because on both my Sky and HHR if you turn on the parking lights the DRL's go off, and the side markers come on...

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote