Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
RWR

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 summit white
Dealerships and TSB

I called my local dealership and talked to a service advisor regarding the TSB for "start up lifter noise after engine has been off for 2 hours or more-AFM engines" I asked if they had received the new lifters in and if he knew of this TSB. He said he had not heard of it but if I brought the car in and they could duplicate the problem then they could order the correct parts.
This is an intermittent problem, I would have to leave my car there overnight and if they started it every 2 hours they might get it to tick once or twice then they would have to order the parts. Could I not take a video of starting the car and record the ticking to show them? It sure seems like a waste of time just so they can decide to fix something GM already knows is a problem.
RWR is offline   Reply With Quote