Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
Santos
Santos

Drives: 1SS Blk 6M
halltech yellow jacket vs bumble bee? vids, testimonials?

hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone with this system could comment on how they like it, i am really interested in bumble bee with velocity stack vid if anyone is running. I have a Vararam at the moment and have yet be overly impressed with it. Between fitament and drivability. I am looking to "upgrade" and this system is one of interest so any info would be nice, especially video.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Check out our Cold Air Kit testing thread, The Yellow Jacket performed great.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Check out our Cold Air Kit testing thread, The Yellow Jacket performed great.
Yes....look at the Jennetty Racing thread.

From what I could read out of Jim's post about the Halltech it sounds like the Carbon Fiber one is still having a few issues. You might call Halltech and see what he says.

I have the Yellow Jacket and I've been very happy with it. My bet is that if I added the ADM race scoop I could have basically the same HP as what the the ADM Race and CAI with Race scoop are seeing.

However....I'm not sure that 4 more HP from the scoop is worth $100+ for me. I'm not doing all out racing so I don't think I would even notice it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

From what I could read out of Jim's post about the Halltech it sounds like the Carbon Fiber one is still having a few issues. You might call Halltech and see what he says.

I have the Yellow Jacket and I've been very happy with it. My bet is that if I added the ADM race scoop I could have basically the same HP as what the the ADM Race and CAI with Race scoop are seeing.

However....I'm not sure that 4 more HP from the scoop is worth $100+ for me. I'm not doing all out racing so I don't think I would even notice it.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

The only issue is, that it was made to be a tuned only intake from the drawing board to the mold. The size of the MAF read area is 20% larger than the stock area read, which introduces 20% more air than the MAF is reading and reporting to the ECM. The long term fuel trim averages are below the 25% lean code threshold, so no codes would pop, but the air fuel ratio in open loop would create a lean condition.

The MAF transfer curve is all that needs to be increased by the difference between the stock area and our area. Other than that change, no other tuning is required.

Having said that, additional tuning to bring the open loop to around 12.5:1 and closed loop to 14.1:1 (E10 stoichiometric), a small increase in timing (We use a modified ZR1 timing on our Camaro) and other torque management, GM countermeasure fuel enrichment defeat to bring additional power from the LS3 platform.

This is a dyno done at a shop here in Wisconsin with just the Bumble Bee Carbon, full tuning and ARH headers/exhaust. They told me that the carbon fiber unit increased RWHP by 4 to 5 over the plastic counterpart:
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote