Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #326
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,750
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #327
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,289
Patiently Waiting!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #328
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
I finally got it in!! The problem was that with the LPE ZR1 Clutch, there was a spacer behind the slave cylinder that I didn't see to remove when I put the OEM Slave in it. Once i removed it, everything went together great. Now to put about 500 break in miles on it..

The pedal feels a WHOLE LOT BETTER (softer) than with the ZR1 clutch, now I have to get used to the feel of the clutch. It seems that it catches farther up than the ZR1 did.

Right now I am happy. Time will only tell if this fixes the issue with the throwout bearings !!!!!!
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #329
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,195
Awesome news..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #330
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,382
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I finally got it in!! The problem was that with the LPE ZR1 Clutch, there was a spacer behind the slave cylinder that I didn't see to remove when I put the OEM Slave in it. Once i removed it, everything went together great. Now to put about 500 break in miles on it..

The pedal feels a WHOLE LOT BETTER (softer) than with the ZR1 clutch, now I have to get used to the feel of the clutch. It seems that it catches farther up than the ZR1 did.

Right now I am happy. Time will only tell if this fixes the issue with the throwout bearings !!!!!!
Dohhh....

I wish I had remembered to ask you about that... With my different bellhousing and the inner scatter shield, I had to add that spacer in, and remembered that the ZL1 clutch used more or less the same spacer...

As for the clutch feel... It is quite soft... almost stock feeling and you are the 4th or 5th person to comment on how high up it engages... Mine does it... which gives me a good feeling that I know it's fully disengaged when shifting...

Whats with the five hundred miles... Drive it like you stole it... It sat in a 2000 degree oven for 6 months, you aint going to do anything with heat cycles... lol... I kid... RTFD...

I'm saying a little prayer about the throw-up bearing for you, but I'm betting that problem is gone...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #331
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dohhh....

I wish I had remembered to ask you about that... With my different bellhousing and the inner scatter shield, I had to add that spacer in, and remembered that the ZL1 clutch used more or less the same spacer...

As for the clutch feel... It is quite soft... almost stock feeling and you are the 4th or 5th person to comment on how high up it engages... Mine does it... which gives me a good feeling that I know it's fully disengaged when shifting...

Whats with the five hundred miles... Drive it like you stole it... It sat in a 2000 degree oven for 6 months, you aint going to do anything with heat cycles... lol... I kid... RTFD...

I'm saying a little prayer about the throw-up bearing for you, but I'm betting that problem is gone...
Oh, don't you worry, I will be hitting the track on Friday night and be giving her HELL!!! I will post results even with the terrible DA in this Texas Heat!!

Thanks again for your help Robert, I owe you a few Beverages of your choice!!!

Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #332
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,382
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Bro, you owe me nothing... One of the things I love about this place is the sharing of valuable information... Oh, and a PM is on the way in a sec...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #333
Blue70SS

 
Blue70SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I finally got it in!! The problem was that with the LPE ZR1 Clutch, there was a spacer behind the slave cylinder that I didn't see to remove when I put the OEM Slave in it. Once i removed it, everything went together great. Now to put about 500 break in miles on it..

The pedal feels a WHOLE LOT BETTER (softer) than with the ZR1 clutch, now I have to get used to the feel of the clutch. It seems that it catches farther up than the ZR1 did.

Right now I am happy. Time will only tell if this fixes the issue with the throwout bearings !!!!!!
Good find, glad you got it figured out...... didn't see your PM until much later. Love my Street Slayer BC3 Carbon Triple!
__________________
LPE 650+,IOM Pearl White Rallys
743 RWHP 681 TQ @91,TVS2300 10/14 OD 2.75/NW 102mm,RDS
NLP spoiler/GM splitter/Torq HE-fans/oil-tranny coolers/IC1000cc
boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #334
SSMagna
FAST1
 
SSMagna's Avatar
 
Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Right now I am happy.
Enjoy it while it last!!!! Good luck at the track. I'm going to try and see about making a trip up next week for a tune if Andy has time. I need to get some track time in before the Fest.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #335
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
Enjoy it while it last!!!! Good luck at the track. I'm going to try and see about making a trip up next week for a tune if Andy has time. I need to get some track time in before the Fest.
Cool, Let me know if you make it and I may try and run up there and see ya !!
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #336
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Open heart surgery before Camaro5Fest??





__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #337
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Open heart surgery before Camaro5Fest??





What happened?
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #338
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
What happened?
I am going with a different Cam and Head Gaskets were leaking a little and having the Nitrous fixed. I didn't like the characteristics of the Cam I had so I am going with the LPE GT9 Cam. New Plugs, Air Filter and maybe upgrade my exhaust??
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #339
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I am going with a different Cam and Head Gaskets were leaking a little and having the Nitrous fixed. I didn't like the characteristics of the Cam I had so I am going with the LPE GT9 Cam. New Plugs, Air Filter and maybe upgrade my exhaust??
Cool...I thought maybe you were making coffee in there.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #340
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Cool...I thought maybe you were making coffee in there.
I tried it once, it didn't taste that good, but had the nice aroma of some RACE FUEL !!
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #341
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,382
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I am going with a different Cam and Head Gaskets were leaking a little and having the Nitrous fixed. I didn't like the characteristics of the Cam I had so I am going with the LPE GT9 Cam. New Plugs, Air Filter and maybe upgrade my exhaust??
Keith, do you have the Lobe Sep Angle numbers...

I'm running the GT9 with a 121 LSA...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #342
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Keith, do you have the Lobe Sep Angle numbers...

I'm running the GT9 with a 121 LSA...
I don't know the specs for sure, but this is what I found on a G8 forum.

Lingenfelter GT9 cam specs are 215/247 .629/.656 121 CL

Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #343
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,382
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Sounds about right.. Wasn't sure if they offered this cam profile with different LSA's...

Here's mine...

http://camaro5.com/forums/attachment...=1299549592%22
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #344
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sounds about right.. Wasn't sure if they offered this cam profile with different LSA's...

Here's mine...

http://camaro5.com/forums/attachment...=1299549592%22
I almost went with the GT9 Cam originally, but Andy wanted to try a new custom cam. I am sure that I will like this cam better !! Everything should be wrapped up on mine by tomorrow or early next week !!
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #345
SGT Stretch
 
SGT Stretch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Camaro Silver Ice
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 490
Keith I'm headed to England for a quick TDY... hopefully quick anyway. Thinking when I get back we should hit the track one more time before fest. Thinking the 27th. We ."shouldn't " be gone more than a week.
__________________
SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #346
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
Keith I'm headed to England for a quick TDY... hopefully quick anyway. Thinking when I get back we should hit the track one more time before fest. Thinking the 27th. We ."shouldn't " be gone more than a week.
Phil,

I will be getting ready to go to Camaro5Fest on the 31st, but I MAY try to get out again before we leave. Get with me when you get back and I will try and make it.
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #347
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Here are a few more pics of the Engine/Car while Andy at ADM is giving it some TLC..


















__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #348
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,765
Dayum... where the hell have I been to miss this build thread.

subscribed.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #349
Camaro21


 
Camaro21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 5,023
Got the car back today from ADM Performance!!




Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
__________________
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #350
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,382
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Got the car back today from ADM Performance!!




Sent from Camaro21's Tapatalk
Holy Crap dude...

That's freaking awesome...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
adm, camaro ss, camaro21, cotw, tsw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Piston to Valve Clearance? My First Camaro! Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 3 08-18-2009 07:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.