Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #120
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I'm with TAG also.

A lot of us put down a huge chunk of deposit money (some non-refundable!) on a car that very few of us has even seen in 3 dimensions...

It just immature of GM to withhold information and hope the bugs are ironed out in time just so they won't be accused of misleading us - which will happen anyway!

The HUD issue, the stripe issue, now the ABL issue means a lot to many people here and time is running out to give our dealers instructions on what to do with our order. We respectfully ask:
1. Is ABL delayed.
2. if so, for how long? We know, but give us a guess.
3. Will MSRP be adjusted? By how much?

We now return control to you....
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #121
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #122
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #123
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I agree with not getting worked up !!!!

This thread was created with the question -- what if

I sure hope that nobody has taken this thread with the idea that GM has canceled the ambient lighting -- and I surely hope that nobody has taken any action, whatsoever, on their pre-order based on this thread !!! Likewise, I surely hope that this thread has not deterred anyone from making a pre-order. IT IS ONLY A WHAT IF THREAD

COPO 70, you shouldn't be calling anything a strike when the pitcher hasn't even thrown the ball yet. Good example of what not to do -- jump the gun on a what if thread.

Right now, I am still sitting back with a big, fat smile and anxiously awaiting the day that the Camaro's start rolling out.

Now, IF there is ever an official announcement that GM has failed on delivering ambient lighting -- THEN --
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #124
kalel
Future Camaro Driver

Drives: 1995 Salvaged Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.

Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #125
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
I don't want ambient lighting. I'm not buying a video game, I'm buying a car.
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #126
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #127
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
IT IS ONLY A WHAT IF THREAD
Actually, it's not.

A) They are currently having problems with the ABL.
B) It's only an "option"
C) Due to financial situations, they may have less people working on it and no time to delay

There's a very good chance the ABL might not make it in to the first run of cars. I ask all of you to not just lay down and hope the ABL is there but to keep pushing this subject until we hear back from GM saying everything is fine because they do need to realize how important this particular option is.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #128
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Has anyone asked Scott yet?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #129
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Actually, it's not.

A) They are currently having problems with the ABL.
B) It's only an "option"
C) Due to financial situations, they may have less people working on it and no time to delay

There's a very good chance the ABL might not make it in to the first run of cars. I ask all of you to not just lay down and hope the ABL is there but to keep pushing this subject until we hear back from GM saying everything is fine because they do need to realize how important this particular option is.

I agree 100%. For you dogged supporters of GM I am here to tell you that allowing/facilitating/enabeling what looks to be a bait and switch at this point in time does a disservice to all here. I am again being told to give it a rest.. WHY?? The stripes were shown at INDY. Scott was standing in front of the display board, the stripes were shown to all of us. Right? Of course. HUD was portrayed as an option until just of late and then the switcharoo. Finally the silence about the fate of ABL. The trickle of non stop bad news continues.

To those who are continuing to carry GM's water - we all collectively risk much here by holding back how we feel on these vital topics. Supression of one's opinion is NOT the way to go as of now.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #130
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
I agree 100%. For you dogged supporters of GM I am here to tell you that allowing/facilitating/enabeling what looks to be a bait and switch at this point in time does a disservice to all here...
With comments like this, I now understand why car companies don't normally pre-release information about a new car that is being produced. In this case, they try to do all the die-hard Camaro fans a favor and they end up getting comments like this.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #131
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Pete,

GM provided the information to facilitate the advance ordering. Changing the terms (visual or written) after the product/specification has been shown and an order is placed is just fine, and companies do this all the time. The outcome is that typically the consumer decides how He/She will spend the money and does so perhaps by not placing an order or by being unhappy. Nether is productive at this point.

I think that is what 80% of the people are discussing here so far. So if you are saying we are being hard on GM I would rather be truthful and communicate with the end goal being the purchase of a car.

The other option is to remain silent and keep the money in the bank. I do not think GM wants a market retraction because people end up waiting to buy some future "improved" product.

GM needs sales NOW.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #132
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
With comments like this, I now understand why car companies don't normally pre-release information about a new car that is being produced. In this case, they try to do all the die-hard Camaro fans a favor and they end up getting comments like this.
ABL is on the options list...these comments would be coming no matter what car it was. The only favor I expect is that I get what I was promised when I ordered the car. I wouldn't care if ABL was announced and then removed before the order form came out, but once I ordered the car I expect everything to be there.

Quote:
Has anyone asked Scott yet?
Scott supposedly PM'd someone saying ABL was not cancelled. No one is wondering if it'll be cancelled...HUD wasn't even cancelled. It was delayed. We are wondering if ABL will be delayed.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #133
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Look, with 600,000 inquiries about the car prior to the pre-order announcement, GM never for one instant thought they had to sucker anyone into buying it with trumped up interim features.
The stripes, I think maybe they held out a little too long for our liking, either because of indecision or the hope of solving the installation delima, before announcing they wouldn't be as previously shown. But according to Copo our complaints are under consideration, and a resolution may still be forthcoming.
Tough call on the ABL problem, especially if it's the same system the CTS has had for two years, unless maybe it's an updated version. Then it could be a real, unexpected engineering or manufacturing problem and we'll all just have to keep our fingers crossed. But get off the deception kick people, that just isn't the truth!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #134
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: Demon SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Everyone, cool off. GM has worked hard to make this car perfect. This car will be one of the highest-rated cars ever produced because no car has been so rigorously tested to our knowledge. The expectations of this car are very high, and the high-profile nature of this project has caused GM to release more information than usual about this car. Despite this, GM has to protect its image. GM isn't going to say that there is a problem when they can solve it. If GM said that the headlights were a problem, everyone on this site would be freaking out about driving with headlights that are velcro-attached.

This is ridiculous. If there is a problem with the ambient lighting, then GM will solve it, just like the countless other bumps in the road that every car faces on path from drawing board car to show car to mass production car.

Keep the faith.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #135
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Yes, GM has worked hard to make this car perfect, but of course that's not possible. And I certainly don't expect the impossible, a "perfect" car. Yet, after a two year delay, some elements of the car that appear rather minor are now causing problems for them, and consequently us, an understandably disturbing situation for the buyer.
Obstacles arrising is not the issue, but rather how late in the program they are appearing that's alarming to many. It undermines confidience in management, who is ultimately responsible for seeing that all aspects of the car come together smoothly. They may not have intended to mislead us about NAV, longer rally stripes or ABL, but nonetheless, these late issues have inevitably made many of us skeptical.
For pre-orders, it appears too late for the longer rally stripes or NAV, but I will remain optimistic about an ABL solution.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #136
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
For what it's worth, there's new distribution updates effective tomorrow and there's no mention of ambient lighting, only emissions stuff. But then again, it's not even mentioned in the code book...
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote