Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #120
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I'm with TAG also.

A lot of us put down a huge chunk of deposit money (some non-refundable!) on a car that very few of us has even seen in 3 dimensions...

It just immature of GM to withhold information and hope the bugs are ironed out in time just so they won't be accused of misleading us - which will happen anyway!

The HUD issue, the stripe issue, now the ABL issue means a lot to many people here and time is running out to give our dealers instructions on what to do with our order. We respectfully ask:
1. Is ABL delayed.
2. if so, for how long? We know, but give us a guess.
3. Will MSRP be adjusted? By how much?

We now return control to you....
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #121
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper
 
djsnoflake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 2,764
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #122
MrGazinya

 
MrGazinya's Avatar
 
Drives: Aggressive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southampton, PA.
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
People, we are still about 2 months from the start of production. If GM told us about every issue they have run up against during the production of this vehicle, we would have all run for the door with our money. It just isn't realistic to do this. It's like the government. If the general public knew all the stuff that happens at the top secret level, we would be living in bunkers in the mountains. I am sure that if GM gets to a point where they don't feel they can produce the cars with a quality ABL solution, then they will let us know. Until we hear it from them, consider it part of the first cars.
__________________
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. Powdercoated 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: Diabloed by Jannetty Racing: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods:

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #123
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!
 
FirstLSK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 811
I agree with not getting worked up !!!!


This thread was created with the question -- what if

I sure hope that nobody has taken this thread with the idea that GM has canceled the ambient lighting -- and I surely hope that nobody has taken any action, whatsoever, on their pre-order based on this thread !!! Likewise, I surely hope that this thread has not deterred anyone from making a pre-order. IT IS ONLY A WHAT IF THREAD

COPO 70, you shouldn't be calling anything a strike when the pitcher hasn't even thrown the ball yet. Good example of what not to do -- jump the gun on a what if thread.

Right now, I am still sitting back with a big, fat smile and anxiously awaiting the day that the Camaro's start rolling out.

Now, IF there is ever an official announcement that GM has failed on delivering ambient lighting -- THEN --
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #124
kalel
Future Camaro Driver
 
kalel's Avatar
 
Drives: 1995 Salvaged Pathfinder
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.

Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #125
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah
 
Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: BRITISH COLUMBIA
Posts: 137
I don't want ambient lighting. I'm not buying a video game, I'm buying a car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
maybe mulalaly could fly a rocket shit
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #126
CynAgain


 
CynAgain's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
Okay, based on this new information (which I know is 100 percent accurate since was on the internet), I am just going to change my order to the v6. I would rather not have the weight of two dead cylinders. I have already called my dealer and changed my order. Also, he seemed really confused when I told him that I wanted a golden retriever puppy, and not a black lab (black is too hard to keep clean). But, since I told him I read it on the internet, he assured me that my puppy would be delivered as soon as all of the preproduction puppies had been disposed of.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #127
StoutFiles
 
StoutFiles's Avatar
 
Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 733
Quote:
IT IS ONLY A WHAT IF THREAD
Actually, it's not.

A) They are currently having problems with the ABL.
B) It's only an "option"
C) Due to financial situations, they may have less people working on it and no time to delay

There's a very good chance the ABL might not make it in to the first run of cars. I ask all of you to not just lay down and hope the ABL is there but to keep pushing this subject until we hear back from GM saying everything is fine because they do need to realize how important this particular option is.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #128
TJ91
:chevy:
 
TJ91's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,874
Has anyone asked Scott yet?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #129
70 COPO
Banned
 
Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Actually, it's not.

A) They are currently having problems with the ABL.
B) It's only an "option"
C) Due to financial situations, they may have less people working on it and no time to delay

There's a very good chance the ABL might not make it in to the first run of cars. I ask all of you to not just lay down and hope the ABL is there but to keep pushing this subject until we hear back from GM saying everything is fine because they do need to realize how important this particular option is.

I agree 100%. For you dogged supporters of GM I am here to tell you that allowing/facilitating/enabeling what looks to be a bait and switch at this point in time does a disservice to all here. I am again being told to give it a rest.. WHY?? The stripes were shown at INDY. Scott was standing in front of the display board, the stripes were shown to all of us. Right? Of course. HUD was portrayed as an option until just of late and then the switcharoo. Finally the silence about the fate of ABL. The trickle of non stop bad news continues.

To those who are continuing to carry GM's water - we all collectively risk much here by holding back how we feel on these vital topics. Supression of one's opinion is NOT the way to go as of now.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #130
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,571
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
I agree 100%. For you dogged supporters of GM I am here to tell you that allowing/facilitating/enabeling what looks to be a bait and switch at this point in time does a disservice to all here...
With comments like this, I now understand why car companies don't normally pre-release information about a new car that is being produced. In this case, they try to do all the die-hard Camaro fans a favor and they end up getting comments like this.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #131
70 COPO
Banned
 
Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Posts: 134
Pete,

GM provided the information to facilitate the advance ordering. Changing the terms (visual or written) after the product/specification has been shown and an order is placed is just fine, and companies do this all the time. The outcome is that typically the consumer decides how He/She will spend the money and does so perhaps by not placing an order or by being unhappy. Nether is productive at this point.

I think that is what 80% of the people are discussing here so far. So if you are saying we are being hard on GM I would rather be truthful and communicate with the end goal being the purchase of a car.

The other option is to remain silent and keep the money in the bank. I do not think GM wants a market retraction because people end up waiting to buy some future "improved" product.

GM needs sales NOW.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #132
StoutFiles
 
StoutFiles's Avatar
 
Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 733
Quote:
With comments like this, I now understand why car companies don't normally pre-release information about a new car that is being produced. In this case, they try to do all the die-hard Camaro fans a favor and they end up getting comments like this.
ABL is on the options list...these comments would be coming no matter what car it was. The only favor I expect is that I get what I was promised when I ordered the car. I wouldn't care if ABL was announced and then removed before the order form came out, but once I ordered the car I expect everything to be there.

Quote:
Has anyone asked Scott yet?
Scott supposedly PM'd someone saying ABL was not cancelled. No one is wondering if it'll be cancelled...HUD wasn't even cancelled. It was delayed. We are wondering if ABL will be delayed.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #133
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Look, with 600,000 inquiries about the car prior to the pre-order announcement, GM never for one instant thought they had to sucker anyone into buying it with trumped up interim features.
The stripes, I think maybe they held out a little too long for our liking, either because of indecision or the hope of solving the installation delima, before announcing they wouldn't be as previously shown. But according to Copo our complaints are under consideration, and a resolution may still be forthcoming.
Tough call on the ABL problem, especially if it's the same system the CTS has had for two years, unless maybe it's an updated version. Then it could be a real, unexpected engineering or manufacturing problem and we'll all just have to keep our fingers crossed. But get off the deception kick people, that just isn't the truth!
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:24 PM   #134
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,621
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Everyone, cool off. GM has worked hard to make this car perfect. This car will be one of the highest-rated cars ever produced because no car has been so rigorously tested to our knowledge. The expectations of this car are very high, and the high-profile nature of this project has caused GM to release more information than usual about this car. Despite this, GM has to protect its image. GM isn't going to say that there is a problem when they can solve it. If GM said that the headlights were a problem, everyone on this site would be freaking out about driving with headlights that are velcro-attached.

This is ridiculous. If there is a problem with the ambient lighting, then GM will solve it, just like the countless other bumps in the road that every car faces on path from drawing board car to show car to mass production car.

Keep the faith.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #135
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Yes, GM has worked hard to make this car perfect, but of course that's not possible. And I certainly don't expect the impossible, a "perfect" car. Yet, after a two year delay, some elements of the car that appear rather minor are now causing problems for them, and consequently us, an understandably disturbing situation for the buyer.
Obstacles arrising is not the issue, but rather how late in the program they are appearing that's alarming to many. It undermines confidience in management, who is ultimately responsible for seeing that all aspects of the car come together smoothly. They may not have intended to mislead us about NAV, longer rally stripes or ABL, but nonetheless, these late issues have inevitably made many of us skeptical.
For pre-orders, it appears too late for the longer rally stripes or NAV, but I will remain optimistic about an ABL solution.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #136
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
For what it's worth, there's new distribution updates effective tomorrow and there's no mention of ambient lighting, only emissions stuff. But then again, it's not even mentioned in the code book...
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ambient lighting kozzmo49 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 45 02-10-2010 06:13 PM
Did you get an order # or any refernce for your pre-order? D1BADZ Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 21 05-22-2009 06:39 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 07:56 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 01:31 AM
Ambient Lighting! blakeequalshyphy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 116 12-29-2008 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.