Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #351
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Really cool sig
Thanks bud!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #352
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
I want one of those ultra cool sigs like Nick
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #353
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I want one of those ultra cool sigs like Nick
What's wrong with yours? I think it looks sweet!

By the way, you never told me what you ran last weekend.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #354
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
What's wrong with yours? I think it looks sweet!

By the way, you never told me what you ran last weekend.
Yours is cooler * sniffle *

As usual we got slammed with rain...it did dry out on Saturday, but they had a water issue on the big end of the track so they only let everyone run 1/8 mile passes.

Car launches better, but I'm buying 18" wheels with MT drag radials....we're heading back out May 15th...keep ya posted.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #355
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Yours is cooler * sniffle *

As usual we got slammed with rain...it did dry out on Saturday, but they had a water issue on the big end of the track so they only let everyone run 1/8 mile passes.

Car launches better, but I'm buying 18" wheels with MT drag radials....we're heading back out May 15th...keep ya posted.
Send Dangeruss a PM. He did my sig for me.

Sucks about the rain bro. I saw in another thread that you mentioned buying some 18" wheels. That'll really improve your launch! Hopefully your weather improves soon. I'm curious to see what you run.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #356
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Send Dangeruss a PM. He did my sig for me.

Sucks about the rain bro. I saw in another thread that you mentioned buying some 18" wheels. That'll really improve your launch! Hopefully your weather improves soon. I'm curious to see what you run.
I'll do that!

Yeah, I've given up hope of running to the cars full potential on the P-Zeros...I had battled through wheel hop & tire spin before the suspension work, resulting in 2.4 - 2.5 60' times. At least all the work got the 60' down to 2.1....but to really run this thing like it should, it's got to be on a 18" drag radial.

Hopefully nothing blows up

The one guy on here ran a sim saying that with ideal conditions, and a good launch the car should run 11.6 on the 18s. I think that's a bit quick...I'm expecting to see 11.8 - 12.0.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #357
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I'll do that!

Yeah, I've given up hope of running to the cars full potential on the P-Zeros...I had battled through wheel hop & tire spin before the suspension work, resulting in 2.4 - 2.5 60' times. At least all the work got the 60' down to 2.1....but to really run this thing like it should, it's got to be on a 18" drag radial.

Hopefully nothing blows up

The one guy on here ran a sim saying that with ideal conditions, and a good launch the car should run 11.6 on the 18s. I think that's a bit quick...I'm expecting to see 11.8 - 12.0.
I can see you running an 11.6 with a good launch with what your putting down. It may not be a time that you'll run consistently, but I can see it happening.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #358
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I can see you running an 11.6 with a good launch with what your putting down. It may not be a time that you'll run consistently, but I can see it happening.
Let's hope....it's been annoying not being able to get the car to launch the last few times out. Enough is enough....time to get the tires and get serious!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #359
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Are you going to get DRs that will also serve as street tires? If so, what are you planning to get?
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #360
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Are you going to get DRs that will also serve as street tires? If so, what are you planning to get?
Despite what the tire folks tell ya....I'm not comfortable using a DR as a street tire...esp here in the midwest where it rains all the time.

What I put together is a package that I can drive to and from the track...here's the plan :

C6 Z06/Gran Sport front wheels ( 18 x 9.5 with a 40mm offset )
MT ET street radial IIs ( P305/45/R18 )

Everything clears without issues, and the overall diameter of tire is within .1" of the stock wheel/tire combo.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #361
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
I'm facing this decision as well. My 22" Savini wheels will go back on my car tomorrow after they're done tuning my car. I am going to sell my stock wheels.

I really wanted to sell the 22" wheels, but I could not sell them at a reasonable price (best offer I got was less than half what I paid for them). I can't afford to give them away and buy new wheels. So, they are going back on the car. I do think they look good, so I guess it's ok. I'll sell the stock wheels and try to find a set of DRs for the back of the car for the occasional track day.

I'd love to find a set of decent wheels/tires that could be street and track tires. Not for serious track times, but for fun. I have major spine issues and swapping wheels is not trivial for me.

I'll be watching what you get for your car.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #362
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm facing this decision as well. My 22" Savini wheels will go back on my car tomorrow after they're done tuning my car. I am going to sell my stock wheels.

I really wanted to sell the 22" wheels, but I could not sell them at a reasonable price (best offer I got was less than half what I paid for them). I can't afford to give them away and buy new wheels. So, they are going back on the car. I do think they look good, so I guess it's ok. I'll sell the stock wheels and try to find a set of DRs for the back of the car for the occasional track day.

I'd love to find a set of decent wheels/tires that could be street and track tires. Not for serious track times, but for fun. I have major spine issues and swapping wheels is not trivial for me.

I'll be watching what you get for your car.
I'll keep ya posted....can't wait to see your dyno numbers!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #363
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Let's hope....it's been annoying not being able to get the car to launch the last few times out. Enough is enough....time to get the tires and get serious!
I don't blame ya bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Despite what the tire folks tell ya....I'm not comfortable using a DR as a street tire...esp here in the midwest where it rains all the time.

What I put together is a package that I can drive to and from the track...here's the plan :

C6 Z06/Gran Sport front wheels ( 18 x 9.5 with a 40mm offset )
MT ET street radial IIs ( P305/45/R18 )

Everything clears without issues, and the overall diameter of tire is within .1" of the stock wheel/tire combo.
Nice!!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #364
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I want one of those ultra cool sigs like Nick
Send me a PM...
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #365
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Hey Nick -

Did you ever see this pic?
You need this on Sinister...
Attached Images
 
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #366
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,857
Sinister rocks my socks!
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #367
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey Nick -

Did you ever see this pic?
You need this on Sinister...
Yes I have, but I've removed all of my badging for a cleaner look. I would like to have their Sinister rear diffuser though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Sinister rocks my socks!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #368
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Yes I have, but I've removed all of my badging for a cleaner look. I would like to have their Sinister rear diffuser though.



True - your car looks super clean without the badging...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #369
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
True - your car looks super clean without the badging...
Thanks Bruce!! I had thought about the Sinister badge before I decided to clean it up.

How's the SST?
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #370
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Thanks Bruce!! I had thought about the Sinister badge before I decided to clean it up.

How's the SST?
As soon as the new computer and coils arrive, will be up and running again. .

That was the problem. To check, they put them on a dyno motor and it wouldn't even fire.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #371
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Yes I have, but I've removed all of my badging for a cleaner look. I would like to have their Sinister rear diffuser though.



A buddy of mine here in Fresno came down to Bako on the way to the Fest- was asking me the other day if I saw a modded & GORGEOUS RJT there in Bakersfield... You know it? He said the plate read "Sinister"
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #372
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
As soon as the new computer and coils arrive, will be up and running again. .

That was the problem. To check, they put them on a dyno motor and it wouldn't even fire.
Glad that humpty dumpty is being put back together again.

I would love to see your face the first time your able to unleash holy hell on the pavement in the SST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
A buddy of mine here in Fresno came down to Bako on the way to the Fest- was asking me the other day if I saw a modded & GORGEOUS RJT there in Bakersfield... You know it? He said the plate read "Sinister"
Sweet!! Always feels good when someone else notices and appreciates your car. Makes it more worthwhile when someone compliments your car.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #373
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Glad that humpty dumpty is being put back together again.

I would love to see your face the first time your able to unleash holy hell on the pavement in the SST!!



Sweet!! Always feels good when someone else notices and appreciates your car. Makes it more worthwhile.
Definitely an impressive ride you have there sir
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #374
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Definitely an impressive ride you have there sir
Thanks Ben! Yours is pretty damn sweet too bro!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #375
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 2,115
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Who gave you the great idea to debadge? :emoticon7:
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.