Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Angry Noise from rear of my camaro

Hey guys I have a issue and wanted to know if anyone knew what it maybe before I took it to the dealer. I have noise when I make a sharp left turn at low speeds coming from the rear of the car(such as in a parking lot or drive way. It a rubbing sounds and the volume of the sound goes up and down as I move. I am thinking maybe a wheel bearing. The car doesnt make this sound when going straight. I have a M6 2SS. Any info would be great.

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
had the same thing.

go to the dealer, tell them what's going on.

"REAR END CHATTER AT LOW SPEED TURNS CAUSED BY SLIP/STICK OF POSI-TRACTION CLUTCH PLATES. DRAINED AND FILLED DIFFERENTIAL WITH NEW FLUID P/N 89021677 ADD ADDITIVE P/N 1052358. DROVE VEHICLE IN EIGHT TIGHT FIGURE-EIGHT MANEUVERS AS PER BULLETIN # PI0137."
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
jdenotter

Sounds like thats it, I appreciate it! Thanks

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
jdenotter

Dropped the car off today at 10am and still havent looked at it...I miss her already lol

Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
the quick fix is a joke, I had the fluid changed and additive but it is now making the noise again, took to the dealer the second time they told me they couldn't hear it this time so no fix. I guess I will have to wait until it gets louder, B.S !
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
jdenotter

Same here. They said they checked on a lift in neutral and couldn't find any issues with the rear end. They told me it sounded like my exhaust was rubbing I don't think this is it considering it only happens when I make a left turn. He sound I hear sounds like a flat tire sound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
KKJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I heard you should do about a half dozen figure 8's after changing rear end fluid to get everything worked in.
KKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
jdenotter

Yeah I found out today they didnt change the fluid. Said they check the rear end on a lift and didnt find anything wrong with it