Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
KCAMARO09

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Performance Upgrade Question

i have 2010 camaro ss1 automatic. i have a few questions that i could use some feedback on.

i want to upgrade the performance on it and ive been thinking about getting the Hennesy Longtube headers and Hennesy cold air intake. would this be a good idea and worth the money? And could i buy them from the dealership and have them install? i dont want to install myself.

and last, is there any other performance upgrades that anyone would recommend? (im not very experienced with upgrades)

some help would be appreciated!
KCAMARO09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
KCAMARO09

bump
Old 09-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Check out some of the threads already on this site. You can learn plenty as I did.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
KCAMARO09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Check out some of the threads already on this site. You can learn plenty as I did.

thanks, i have been doing that. i just wanted to get some opinions.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Lont Tubes (stainless Steel), Cold Air Intake, Upgraded Mass Air Sensor and a nice short throw shifter....then go and get a tune and a dyno...you will not be disapointed in your gains....

Just my 2 cents
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Since you are looking at longtubes warranty probably does not matter much.

So here is a good package and will come with a Tuner and Ted will get you a good tune for your car.

http://jreperformanceparts.com/gm/20...package-1.html

This will bring your car to life.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
Lont Tubes (stainless Steel), Cold Air Intake, Upgraded Mass Air Sensor and a nice short throw shifter....then go and get a tune and a dyno...you will not be disapointed in your gains....

Just my 2 cents
Aftermarket MAF is worthless on this car in stock or even moderately modded form. I'm not so sure there's a benefit at all until you overrun your current MAF. There are many making 700+whp with the stock MAF. He's got a A6 so a short throw would look kinda silly.

If you're looking for best bang for your buck, check out the many threads on LT's and CAI's. There's not a HUGE difference in LT's as far as gains. Some are cheaper than others and there are a few different designs. As far as the CAI, Jannetty Racing just did a shootout. I'd suggest you check it out and decide what you like. If you're partial to Hennessey, then by all means buy them. They have some nice parts.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
didn't catch the A6 part....ooooops! My bad.........I noticed a gain and a steadier idle with the Upgraded MAF, Of course mine has Long Tubes and the Gen 5 Camaro Racing CAI
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCAMARO09 View Post
i have 2010 camaro ss1 automatic. i have a few questions that i could use some feedback on.

i want to upgrade the performance on it and ive been thinking about getting the Hennesy Longtube headers and Hennesy cold air intake. would this be a good idea and worth the money? And could i buy them from the dealership and have them install? i dont want to install myself.

and last, is there any other performance upgrades that anyone would recommend? (im not very experienced with upgrades)

sure a free flowing exhaust and air intake will definately help, but you will need to get your computer tuned to get the most out of it and that will void your powertrain warranty.
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCAMARO09 View Post

Not sure how you feel about your tap shift. If you are one who likes it you may want to check this out. There is a special that ends this week. If you like using tap shift you will love this. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100021
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote