Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
Dealers general allotment of car color & interior color combo?

This is for all of us who haven't ordered and probably won't be ordering. When our dealerships get their allotments of the Camaro will they have multitudes of different color combos? For instance I'm 95% sure I'll get Aqua Blue Metallic (today at least) and when I get to the dealership I want to know if they'll have alot of different interior combos or just a certain door panel/ambient lighting/ and seat colors for one car color. Like for instance will (un-ordered) IOM only come with IOM door panels and interior package?

And don't get mad at me for asking this. I feel it's necessary because after visiting one of my local Chevy dealers and amazing him with my Camaro knowledge, (after only a few months of following this site) they admitted that I knew more than they did.

And also how long would it take them to deliver a order if I ordered it after all the other cars are on lots?

Love @ 1st sight
IRONMAN/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_SS View Post
This is for all of us who haven't ordered and probably won't be ordering. When our dealerships get their allotments of the Camaro will they have multitudes of different color combos? For instance I'm 95% sure I'll get Aqua Blue Metallic (today at least) and when I get to the dealership I want to know if they'll have alot of different interior combos or just a certain door panel/ambient lighting/ and seat colors for one car color. Like for instance will (un-ordered) IOM only come with IOM door panels and interior package?

And don't get mad at me for asking this. I feel it's necessary because after visiting one of my local Chevy dealers and amazing him with my Camaro knowledge, (after only a few months of following this site) they admitted that I knew more than they did.

And also how long would it take them to deliver a order if I ordered it after all the other cars are on lots?
Not sure I understand your question(s) but I'll do my best...

First off, yes you can get the IOM exterior without the interior accent package. As for wether or not you will have any trouble picking one that fits your wants off the lot, that is anyone's guess. I don't know how GM will mix up the interior and exterior colors when they send cars to the dealers to put on their lots, or if that is even how it works.

For your last question do you mean if you ordered your Camaro as soon as some start sitting on lots? If so, I have can only guess that it would take anywhere between 3 weeks and maybe 4 months to get your car. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
IRONMAN/SS

I know I could order it to my liking, but I was asking if the dealer would have a wide range of color combos. I'll make it clearer, say most IOM's will have the IOM interior package, will there be some IOM's that have all black Interior, some with Tan & Black combo, grey & Black interior, and so on with other exterior colors. hope that helps.

Love @ 1st sight
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_SS View Post
I know I could order it to my liking, but I was asking if the dealer would have a wide range of color combos. I'll make it clearer, say most IOM's will have the IOM interior package, will there be some IOM's that have all black Interior, some with Tan & Black combo, grey & Black interior, and so on with other exterior colors. hope that helps.
I'm sure there will be different interior combos.
Not everyone who wants IOM wants an orange interior and GM knows that.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
There are some combos that GM will not allow for whatever reason. Also, there's a set of combos that GM recommends to dealers. When a dealer orders cars for their lot I'm fairly certain they can pick their colors. But when they do, they'll likely take GM's advice on which combos to order. For all of this info, see page 10 of the ordering workbook.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 AM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
There are some combos that GM will not allow for whatever reason. Also, there's a set of combos that GM recommends to dealers. When a dealer orders cars for their lot I'm fairly certain they can pick their colors. But when they do, they'll likely take GM's advice on which combos to order. For all of this info, see page 10 of the ordering workbook.
Here's the list. I can't get that link to open and luckily I had saved the info before.

Quote:
The Camaro Marketing Team has identified several interior/exterior color combination's that are strongly recommended at launch.

Trim Level Exterior Color Interior Color(s)
Camaro LS GCN (Victory Red) AFA (Black)
Camaro 1LT GAN (Silver Ice) AFC (Black)
Camaro 2LT GAQ (Red Jewel Tintcoat) AFH (Beige)
Camaro 1SS GBV (Cyber Gray) AFK (Gray)
Camaro 2SS GBA (Black) AAY (Inferno Orange Accent)
I agree with UCF. I doubt you'll be seeing any lot cars till fall at the least and those that you do see will most likely be one of these combos as dealer ships will take GM's advise in order to see the most cars.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
IRONMAN/SS

alright so the best thing to do is just order one, if I want it in march or april?

Love @ 1st sight
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Lot cars = BIG SAVINGS.

All I'm going to say about that.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
IRONMAN/SS

yeah but WHEN will there be lot cars available? I won't willingly wait for it, but I won't die if if I have to wait cuz there aren't any. I'm new to the whole new car purchasing war between dealers and buyers. the GM at the dealership I went to this week said that they definitely would not be charging over MSRP because they "Understand how things are and aren't going to be charging over msrp." soo IDK! but I understand that could change once they start flying off the lots. I don't care to pay msrp because I feel the 2SS is worth the $33,000 + or - .

So CamaroScotty, (approximately) will some dealers have lot cars available in late march or april?????????

Love @ 1st sight
Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #10
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
I don't know how GM will mix up the interior and exterior colors when they send cars to the dealers to put on their lots, or if that is even how it works.

GM only sends the cars that the dealership orders. No mystery combinations. Don't let a dealer tell you they don't know what they're getting or when it'll come in. The dealer knows what they've ordered and can track every single car for inventory up until delivery.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '05 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Lot cars = BIG SAVINGS.

All I'm going to say about that.
^I think that's the way to go for me.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote