Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 09-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #477
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Sounds like the boys from Colorado will be making the trip. 14hrs each way but we need to show the lowlanders what we really have going for us up here! But we have to figure out how to get our tires and equipment down for the event.

Kyle...I had the same issue you did with your bottom end...Damn Aluminum cast pistons....In process with a 418 stroker 4080 -13.8 CP pistons, Callies Crank, Callies H Rods, H Racing Bearings, Comp Cam Kit. Fastlane CAI, DT try y long tubes, 79LB injectors, Edelbrock E Force SC. Posi trac clutches, And assorted pulley's for boost adjustments. And I have the slow one of the group...Hey are there rules down there regarding roll cage or will we only get one run and off. Larry
Damn... really. were you running stock at the time.. or like me... did you just bolt on a SC and let a sub par shop tune it. hahahaha

This next motor will do you good! sounds sic. I need to get some 427 badging before the fest so i dont have to tell everyone that is an LSX hide down in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

However, we must ask a favor of everyone here. And, this is VERY important...

We are currently working on making the best deal possible for a host hotel and for the back up overflow hotels.

Just stick with us....

Help us out and don't start those reservations!!!
I want the best deal possible!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #478
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
why not just fly out for the event? dont have to bring the car, we'll have plenty of transportation for you.
defeats the purpose of going to camaro fest without your camaro IMO
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #479
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT5939 View Post
alright thanks bro,
Lewylewy my carmaro loving brother may show up this year with his zl550, we got her running in the low 11's now and should go 10's very soon.
I'll see how many guys are willing to make that trip and post up when i get a serious count.
I can assure you that no cute girl in a 68 will be whiping on me this year LOL
Awesome!! That was pretty awesome though!! You can PM me with a head count once it gets closer.

-Guillermo

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #480
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
It's all about the friends, brother!

If it's ever too far for me to drive (and I won't miss any of these), then I'll gladly fly and rent a Camaro or just ride with someone. I won't EVER miss the opportunity to get together with friends of mine from all over the country all at once.... EVER. I mean...from Cali, to MI, to NY, to FL, to OH CAAAAANADA!

It's a "do not miss" event...where we only get together once a year (if we are lucky). No one ever knows what's going to happen from here to there...so take the chance while the chance is still there.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #481
DWR

Drives: 2004 Chevy Silverado RCSB 4.8 v8
Well im pretty sure you can sign me and my dad up.....dont have a camaro but we will deff rent one, anyone starting a convoy near ga?

Speed never hurt anyone...its that sudden stopping that will get you
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #482
radarwz
Boost All the Time!

Drives: 2005 pontiac GTO Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Sounds like the boys from Colorado will be making the trip. 14hrs each way but we need to show the lowlanders what we really have going for us up here! But we have to figure out how to get our tires and equipment down for the event.

Kyle...I had the same issue you did with your bottom end...Damn Aluminum cast pistons....In process with a 418 stroker 4080 -13.8 CP pistons, Callies Crank, Callies H Rods, H Racing Bearings, Comp Cam Kit. Fastlane CAI, DT try y long tubes, 79LB injectors, Edelbrock E Force SC. Posi trac clutches, And assorted pulley's for boost adjustments. And I have the slow one of the group...Hey are there rules down there regarding roll cage or will we only get one run and off. Larry
NHRA track. No cage...no faster than 11.5. I sandbag a couple of runs to get my launch right then 1 good run and I'm done.

'56 Chev 3100 p/u Black, 400 v8 3spd on the tree.
!
radarwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #483
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, we know everyone is itching to get their reservations made at different hotels around the Firebird Raceway. We think it's awesome that there are so many who are as excited as we are.

However, we must ask a favor of everyone here. And, this is VERY important...

We are currently working on making the best deal possible for a host hotel and for the back up overflow hotels.

Hotels want our business...and when we work as a group in numbers, we make things happen. If everyone goes out on their own beginning to make reservations at 3 or 4 hotels, the hotels know they are going to get our business anyway. There's no incentive for them to swing a deal for us as a LARGE GROUP. In other words, everyone is going to be paying a lot more for their stay because people want to jump the gun.

Guys....we've told everyone where the next event is going to be but please understand that in order to make things work, we need the cooperation of the C5 crew to allow us to make it work. Give us just a little time and we'll have SO much information for you. We could NOT begin this until we had the location pinned down. Now that the location finalized, everything will begin to fall in place.

Just stick with us....

Help us out and don't start those reservations!!!
Sorry Bud! Although the BC CDN convoy has 6 rooms booked in the Red Roof already. Cancel in a heart beat for the Host hotel.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #484
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
It's all about the friends, brother!

If it's ever too far for me to drive (and I won't miss any of these), then I'll gladly fly and rent a Camaro or just ride with someone. I won't EVER miss the opportunity to get together with friends of mine from all over the country all at once.... EVER. I mean...from Cali, to MI, to NY, to FL, to OH CAAAAANADA!

It's a "do not miss" event...where we only get together once a year (if we are lucky). No one ever knows what's going to happen from here to there...so take the chance while the chance is still there.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #485
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarwz View Post
NHRA track. No cage...no faster than 11.5. I sandbag a couple of runs to get my launch right then 1 good run and I'm done.
Bad A$$!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #486
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Let's see, who can I hook up with? This should be a hell of a train from the East to the West.
LS3 Conversion 113/225/238 COMP CAM, 3200 Stall, Doug Thorley Tri-Y LT/HF cat, Xpipe, Ported TB, 160 therm, Tranny cooler, Halltech CAI, Pedders sways, endlinks, 1" Eibach Drop Springs, 3.45 rear gears. Tuned by Doug @ ECS. 435HP/420TQ
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #487
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
QUOTE=PQ;2367031]Now that I have times and dates and location, I can get a price on a transport for Chris, Bruce, myself and you if you want in. Get a few others, and we can have them hauled there and fly to the show and have our cars there.

Just gonna check. Might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

We might be interested, let me know what you find out though we stilll haven't decided if we are going to drive out or not. We've got family along the way in San Antonio and Family in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, & Chandler too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Thanks to Tran and all the mods, for the hard work to put this together!!!
x infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
My son found out through facebook on his phone while we were at a football game and he said 10 bucks it is on his spring break( i usually take off the week he is off also) We get home he looks in his handbook, and he says well I'll be danged it just happens to fall on the Friday And Saturday of my spring break.

All I said was ROAD TRIP!!! Can't wait for it
Yay Jerry, glad you are going to make the trip too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
I did that drive in June, coming back from Mobile, Al at the end of the Power Tour. Just keep in mind, in West Texas on the I-10, the speed limit is 85 & wide open out there. We made it from San Antonio, TX to Phoenix, AZ in 1 long day.
What was your actual speed? It couldn't have staid at 85mph the whole time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Count Greg and I in, 2 Drivers / Spectators

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I am excited. I dont go west often, go east alot. Though its a longer drive it will be sooo worth it. Very pretty drive through west Texas.
What part of West Texas would that be? It all looks the same and hypnotises me to the point my eyes start crossing and I want to fall asleep when I'm driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT5939 View Post
Will you be allowing us Challenger boys to come again this year? I see you have some cars that will be able to keep up with us this year, congrats on the hard work. maybe we will see less clutches being burned up.
I bet I can make it to the final rounds of the quick 16 again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Well I'm out.
Oh come on, don't quit so early. . . give it some time to think about.

Okay... So I said months ago that if it was held at Houston or Pheonix we would be there, so we will be there!!! What's 1900 miles and 29 hours of driving (one way). . . This is Camaro5Fest II - Fest in the West.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #488
rdmars
Lifetime Chevy Guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Silver)
I will be there........
Old 09-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #489
GRSCAMARO
RS 10 SS

Drives: 2010 ABM RS/2SS L99
I have been out of town for a couple of days and was glad to read the announcement. Firebird International Raceway sounds great. A 2200 mile 32 hour each way trip does not. I guess I have until the hotel announcement to decide.

Thanks to the mods for all of the hard work. I look forward to all of the gory details.

Best 1/4 Mile Run: 11/20/2010 SGMP 13.299 @ 106 mph (2.05s 60ft)
Mods to Date:
Painted Rally Stripes by Body's by Doug
ABM Painted Splash Guards & Engine Cover
Tinted Windows by Sunbusters
CAI Kit by Cold Air Inductions (installed at C5FestI)
GRSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #490
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
To far for me. Guess I will join Scrming in Carlisle next year. Ya'll have fun.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #491
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
If I can't bring mine...does this mean I can drive yours!?!?
Cool!
thats a possibility, but it will depend on if she likes you or not. Christine doesn't like too many women. She's my bad bitch and she's only got love for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
well... did you go to the first one? did you see what I drove there? it wasn't my camaro, it wasn't even A camaro. it wasn't even MY vehicle. I borrowed a friends low mileage pickup and drove out there. not to mention most of the other mods that were there either flew out there or had rental cars (not camaros) that they brought.

its all about hanging out with friends. there will be plenty of camaros for you to drive. trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro View Post
Count Greg and I in, 2 Drivers / Spectators
I didn't know you were driving me out there... oh, wait... that Greg...lol

What part of West Texas would that be? It all looks the same and hypnotises me to the point my eyes start crossing and I want to fall asleep when I'm driving.

Oh come on, don't quit so early. . . give it some time to think about.

Okay... So I said months ago that if it was held at Houston or Pheonix we would be there, so we will be there!!! What's 1900 miles and 29 hours of driving (one way). . . This is Camaro5Fest II - Fest in the West.
glad to see you guys are coming out to join us again. cant wait to see you and your husband again!!!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #492
USAFR

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 85 Z28,99 740iL
I guess i can take a trip back to my hometown!!! I was hoping for somewhere here in Texas but i guess it is next best thing... Great places to eat there and great places to drive for scenery..

Ordered 2012 Honor and Valor Limited Edition 2SS/RS, SW, Auto
1100 ?, order placed directly by GM
2000 ?
3000 08/15/2011, TPW 9/5
3800 09/07/2011
4200 09/07/2011
USAFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #493
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I'd like to make the drive for this one. Would be a lot of fun, I'll keep checking for the info. Not really sure how it works, didn't go to the last one.