Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Alaskan SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
HVAC Only Blowing Cold Air

Hi all. I apologize if this is a repost. I did a search and I couldn't find anything on the topic, so if it is, please feel free to point me in the right direction. It's also a lengthy description of a very simply described problem, but I want to paint a clear picture of the entire situation, so if you like, bear with me.

I took delivery on my 2010 2SS/RS M6 in late April. It had roughly 560 miles on it when I got it. It now has about 3180 miles on it.

Earlier this week, Tuesday afternoon, I was driving home in rush hour. Rush hour in Anchorage isn't bad compared to other larger cities (pop. ~300,000), but like I said, I'm just trying to paint a description of the entire situation for you guys. It was calm and sunny out, and about 55 degrees. Anyway, before my drive, when I got inside my car, I felt that it was a little bit chilly inside, so I turned on the heat. I had the temp control knob a little past halfway. The air was cold, but I just figured it needed to warm up a bit, so I thought nothing of it. Over the next few minutes, as I was driving, I noticed no change. In fact, I noticed that the blowing air was probably a little colder, almost A/C temps. I cranked the knob all the way to the right, but still no change. I did check all the other knobs and buttons. I switched from fresh air to recirc, defrost to vents to floor / vent mix, you name it, but the air never showed any signs of heat. These aren't the symptoms of the HVAC System Reprogram, but my VIN is A9200228, so this wouldn't be an issue anyway.

I immediately decided that I would wake up early Wednesday morning and take it in to get checked, but wouldn't you know it, it wouldn't do it again. I knew the dealer would tell me they couldn't replicate the problem, and send me on my way, so I didn't take it in. I'm not overly worried about this, at least not yet.

My question is, have any of you guys had this problem? I realize not a lot of you guys are even using your heaters yet, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Thanks a lot...
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
bigpunn03

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I had this happen last week and I was freakin out. I pulled the HVAC fuse and popped it back in and it started working. I hope this doesn't happen again.
bigpunn03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Alaskan SS

Thanks for sharing, bigpunn. Once I got home, I didn't do anything else with it. I pretty much just planned on taking it in to get checked out. But when I drove the car a few hours later, everything worked just fine. I hope it doesn't happen again, either, but I'm still curious as to what caused it.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Same thing just happened to me. The weather just changed and I needed the heater for my baby. It was only blowing cold air. Also noticed that when I switched to defrost, it switched like 2 minutes later. And the buttons to change where the air blows wouldn't do anything. I'm gonna try it again and see if the problem goes away.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Usually the blend door in the HVAC box becomes stuck in the cold position from not moving all summer. Some plastics will distort their shape over time and heat too and get stuck. It could also just be a bit tight from being new. Warranty for three years, so nothing to worry about!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Alaskan SS

Thanks, HeavyD. I appreciate the input. Makes sense. I'm not too worried about it. I'm getting ready to park it for the winter anyway. We'll see if it still does it next spring.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Same exact thing happened to me yesterday.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
superstockcam

Drives: a
My VIN shows a service notice to reprogram the HVAC system, although the dealer will never touch my car unless it is a major failure under warranty.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
There is a tsb on this where it either is full hot only or full cold only, my hvac has been already reprogrammed once in april and it messed up once about a week ago, got stuck on full cold and would only come out the defrost vents for 5 drive cycles then started working again. This seems to be a problem with multiple cars now, my dads acaidia has been repaired 4 times for this problem and is at the dealership for the 5th time to get this fixed
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote