Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
clove503
 
Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12
Want to Trade My 9th-Off-the-Production-Line 2010 Camaro for a 2012 Z28.

Hello everyone.

For those of you that have followed this Forum for some time, you might have remembered the talks of the 9th car off the the production line falling into the hands of an average Joe. There was a post about it where someone in this forum believed to have had it incoming to their dealership on their order, which turned out to be false. You can read that post here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

My post in the topic of the Camaro before I picked it up at getting detailed and such....Notice the vehicle number is 00009.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...319#post531319

Currently my car is in pristine shape. I dont drive it hard, was sure to break the engine in correctly and have only put 11k miles on it to this day since I received it on the first of June 2009. I recognize how special my "number 9" car is in the legacy of the Camaro. I even know the story as to how I was lucky enough to receive this vehicle as all of the top 20 weren't released to the normal public, but GM big-wigs, personal cars for top dealers, Nascar Drivers and celebrities, which only adds to this specific car's history down the line as the car wasn't meant for me...it wasn't ever supposed to be in the hands of anyone not directly connected with GM...I happened to be there on a random day at a random time and asked the right questions. It truly is remarkable that I ended up with this VIN.

I thought I would throw up this request on here just to see if anyone would be interested, I wouldn't know where else to ask something like this or even make this request.

I don't feel the need to sell this car, the only thing I would want a straight up trade for the top of the line Z28 that comes out next year. I realize that down the line 30, 40, 50 years I would be losing money on this deal, yes. But, at the same time I would want this car to go to someone who wants to put it in a garage and not touch it for years. Someone who wants to preserve the thing and keep it in their collection of cars, not just beat the hell out of it.

So if you are interested please PM me and we can talk further about it. I realize that the Z28 is something that isn't coming out for another year, so we would have to work something out in a contract but I am willing to negotiate that. To contact me directly please e-mail me at clove503@comcast.net if you have any questions or, like I said, drop me a PM and I will get back to you.

Thanks
clove503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by clove503 View Post
Hello everyone.

For those of you that have followed this Forum for some time, you might have remembered the talks of the 9th car off the the production line falling into the hands of an average Joe. There was a post about it where someone in this forum believed to have had it incoming to their dealership on their order, which turned out to be false. You can read that post here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14776

My post in the topic of the Camaro before I picked it up at getting detailed and such....Notice the vehicle number is 00009.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...319#post531319

Currently my car is in pristine shape. I dont drive it hard, was sure to break the engine in correctly and have only put 11k miles on it to this day since I received it on the first of June 2009. I recognize how special my "number 9" car is in the legacy of the Camaro. I even know the story as to how I was lucky enough to receive this vehicle as all of the top 20 weren't released to the normal public, but GM big-wigs, personal cars for top dealers, Nascar Drivers and celebrities, which only adds to this specific car's history down the line as the car wasn't meant for me...it wasn't ever supposed to be in the hands of anyone not directly connected with GM...I happened to be there on a random day at a random time and asked the right questions. It truly is remarkable that I ended up with this VIN.

I thought I would throw up this request on here just to see if anyone would be interested, I wouldn't know where else to ask something like this or even make this request.

I don't feel the need to sell this car, the only thing I would want a straight up trade for the top of the line Z28 that comes out next year. I realize that down the line 30, 40, 50 years I would be losing money on this deal, yes. But, at the same time I would want this car to go to someone who wants to put it in a garage and not touch it for years. Someone who wants to preserve the thing and keep it in their collection of cars, not just beat the hell out of it.

So if you are interested please PM me and we can talk further about it. I realize that the Z28 is something that isn't coming out for another year, so we would have to work something out in a contract but I am willing to negotiate that. To contact me directly please e-mail me at clove503@comcast.net if you have any questions or, like I said, drop me a PM and I will get back to you.

Thanks
Let me get this right, your the average joe and got it at an average price but your trying to sell it so the average consumer wouldn't be able to afford it? Doesn't make much since. I hope you get exactly what is asked for trade in on a 2010 SS/RS with the 11,000 miles you have on it already you silly rabbit trix are for kids...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
9c1ny
 
9c1ny's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 675
the low vin might add a grand , maybe 2 grand to someone looking for such a thing and thats if you kept it in the wrapper, 11k miles? In Portland I'm sure its only seen rain about a million times

nice car but the chances of you trading it for a car with a 10k MSRP (assuming) over yours are about 0
__________________
9c1ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
talwell

 
talwell's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,078
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but your car has virtually no significance over any other car that was produced. The fact of the low vin is a "cool" factor only and is of no financial benefit to the value of your car. With 11k miles in mint condition your car would be selling for $28-30k in today's market. The only car with low vins that have any additional value added to them might be the CTF or pre-production cars - regular production cars would not see this appreciation. Your car with 11k miles of usage is already beyond the preservation stage so it would not be of any interest to collectors as well.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but your car has virtually no significance over any other car that was produced. The fact of the low vin is a "cool" factor only and is of no financial benefit to the value of your car. With 11k miles in mint condition your car would be selling for $28-30k in today's market. The only car with low vins that have any additional value added to them might be the CTF or pre-production cars - regular production cars would not see this appreciation. Your car with 11k miles of usage is already beyond the preservation stage so it would not be of any interest to collectors as well.
In other words you should have flipped it when you took possesion of it, not 11,xxx miles later.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Allen English
Every day is a happy day
 
Allen English's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS BLK/BLK
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 241
Wow good luck....

Nothing ventured nothing gained...
__________________

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS A6 Black on Black
2002 S10 PickUp
2007 Victory Red SS Cobalt "For Sale, My wife wants a Chevrolet Volt"
Allen English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
F-MAN-SS
F-MAN-SS
 
F-MAN-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown 69' SS, 71' SS/RS 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ft Worth Tx
Posts: 57
Good Luck!

People believe what they want to believe
F-MAN-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,821
better to sell it now and use the revenue for a downpayment towards the Z...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
You want to trade staight up for a Z28? I hate to say this, but you have come to the wrong site to try and pull this. Nice try on really talking up the value of the car.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #10
zirotti
 
zirotti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 402
Maybe you could try this in 40 years when the car is actually collectable
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
nardox
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow(sold)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 277
Unless it's a really special vin like 1(1st), 5(5th Gen), 28(Z28) or something like that, you probably won't be able to sell it for a significantly higher price....
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #13
zirotti
 
zirotti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 402
It may go for a couple hundreds dollar more, but it's not going to go for $15k over sticker for a new SS...
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
427Carl
427CARL
 
427Carl's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North America
Posts: 469
Send a message via Yahoo to 427Carl
Easy Boys

Play nice boys! He was just asking! Now he knows.... I expect my pre-production car to be worth only fair market value as the years go by.. No big money... Just good story...
__________________
427Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ocoee, FL
Posts: 7,388
LOL when you have S/N 001 of the 1st year and the last S/N of the final production car you can talk about even trades other than that your SS is woth no more than the SS's sitting on the dealership lots.

Sorry bud but hey good luck
__________________
2010 2LT/RS, 2001 Z/28, 2014 Impala 2LT
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,654
I think that your car plus 25k for a new z/28 would be closer to fair.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #17
light-my-firebyrd
 
light-my-firebyrd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: TN
Posts: 148
folks, why bash this guy? he is making a pitch to someone to sell his car. personally speaking, car #9 off the line is pretty damn cool. i think it's a bit more 'rare' than you guys want to admit. it's saying that his is within the 1st 10 cars produced and that in-itself is fairly hard to find. i don't suppose it's worth the z28 asking price, but i do think it could fetch a bit more than the run of the mill high numbered camaros out there. let's just ease up a bit on this guy.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #18
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but your car has virtually no significance over any other car that was produced. The fact of the low vin is a "cool" factor only and is of no financial benefit to the value of your car. With 11k miles in mint condition your car would be selling for $28-30k in today's market. The only car with low vins that have any additional value added to them might be the CTF or pre-production cars - regular production cars would not see this appreciation. Your car with 11k miles of usage is already beyond the preservation stage so it would not be of any interest to collectors as well.
You've got that backwards.
CTF cars endure tons of miles before they are retrofitted and sold to public. They are sold as used cars and therefore are worth much less than a regular production car.
As for the value of the car. You won't get more than the KBB value in a trade-in maybe 2-3K more selling it privately. What people don't understand is that their cars are not collectable. 50 years down the road...... maybe......
But right now they are worth no more than any other car around. Especially at 11K miles.(5K more than my 7 month old non collectable.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by light-my-firebyrd View Post
folks, why bash this guy? he is making a pitch to someone to sell his car. personally speaking, car #9 off the line is pretty damn cool. i think it's a bit more 'rare' than you guys want to admit. it's saying that his is within the 1st 10 cars produced and that in-itself is fairly hard to find. i don't suppose it's worth the z28 asking price, but i do think it could fetch a bit more than the run of the mill high numbered camaros out there. let's just ease up a bit on this guy.
I don't see any bashing.
I think people are just trying to give him some outside perspective on what he is asking for.
A trade on his number 9 off the production line, (nothing really special but pretty cool) 11K miles, (way too much for a "collectable") 2 year old (will be by the time of trade if there is even a 2012 Z). For a non existent car that will most likely be worth more than his, (even if they were produced in the same year) and is not even guranteed to be produced in 2012.


Just saying.
If he gets the trade he wants, that is cool. But it doesn't hurt to get some perspective on what he is asking for.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #19
talwell

 
talwell's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,078
My CTF car only has 800 miles on it and was never abused or beat on.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #20
kunkelz28
 
kunkelz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St Cloud Minnesota
Posts: 320
There is a sucker born every minute and who knows maybe there is some naive millionaire who thinks it it worth more than it is... 2 years ago I sold a 94 Z28 to some rich smuck for 16k..(it was stock with 95,000 miles and worth about 5k)
kunkelz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 47 02-19-2014 03:23 PM
Latest Camaro Products - March 2010 Sean@Phastek V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 26 08-04-2010 04:42 PM
Over 230 Satisfied 2010 Camaro Customers! Paddock Chevrolet has 40 in stock NOW camarojoe Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 05-24-2010 05:58 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.