Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #281
Road_Warrior85
 
Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 05 Hemi powered Jeep TJ
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 660
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20666

I found this above link to some pics of CGM stripes. The closest I have been able to find to IBM & Cyber Grey stripes so far is the black camaro. Its nice because you get a little bit of sunlight for some contrast. Somehow though, I dont think photos will do the combo justice.
Yeah, I am definitely wanting to see some CGM on an IBM camaro.

I wanted IBM with Black rally stripes,,,, and unpainted GFX.
Now I sse the GFX is more of a really dark grey color.... so I think CGM would blend better with the midnight silver wheels and GFX than the black would.

Too bad nobody else can come in and show us.

My car should be here soon, but it has white stripes on it. I didnt want the white stripes but when I took over the other guys order, i didnt know they would be on the car from factory (since it is a 2ss). I want a darker stripe, but not sure what.
__________________
Road_Warrior85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #282
bulldog
 
Drives: Acura
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: the Rockies
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Yeah, I am definitely wanting to see some CGM on an IBM camaro.

I wanted IBM with Black rally stripes,,,, and unpainted GFX.
Now I sse the GFX is more of a really dark grey color.... so I think CGM would blend better with the midnight silver wheels and GFX than the black would.

Too bad nobody else can come in and show us.

My car should be here soon, but it has white stripes on it. I didnt want the white stripes but when I took over the other guys order, i didnt know they would be on the car from factory (since it is a 2ss). I want a darker stripe, but not sure what.
If I like the combination well enough, I can see getting the ground effects painted CGM wto match the hood stripes too. Since the GFX already has a flat grey look to it and I already love the pic on the previous page of the IBM Camaro with unpainted GFX. I cant see going wrong with it. I think the CGM stripes will be really dark at night but give a cool look in the day, which is just fine. It may play some fool the eyes of some people, like that cameleon paint. I know of a board member who has the IBM & cgm stipes. They are trying to pictures up soon. its been poor weather where they are.

On a different note, I dont understand why the dont offer the Inferno Orange interior on the IBM. If GM didnt think that would work well...the thought of a Denver Broncos fans didnt cross their mind.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #283
CyberDude
 
Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Exeter, PA
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Yeah, I am definitely wanting to see some CGM on an IBM camaro.

I wanted IBM with Black rally stripes,,,, and unpainted GFX.
Now I sse the GFX is more of a really dark grey color.... so I think CGM would blend better with the midnight silver wheels and GFX than the black would.

Too bad nobody else can come in and show us.

My car should be here soon, but it has white stripes on it. I didnt want the white stripes but when I took over the other guys order, i didnt know they would be on the car from factory (since it is a 2ss). I want a darker stripe, but not sure what.
If you're planning on having the white stripes removed you should ask the dealer if it can be done without damaging the paint. I called GM and asked if I ordered a 2SS with white stripes and then didn't like them can they be removed? Now this is what the GM rep said, not me, the process of putting on the stripes at the factory is different from the dealer installing the stripes. He said it might cause damage to the paint if the stripes are removed. You should tried to find a post where someone removed the factory stripes to make sure it can be done without damage.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #284
Road_Warrior85
 
Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 05 Hemi powered Jeep TJ
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 660
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
If you're planning on having the white stripes removed you should ask the dealer if it can be done without damaging the paint. I called GM and asked if I ordered a 2SS with white stripes and then didn't like them can they be removed? Now this is what the GM rep said, not me, the process of putting on the stripes at the factory is different from the dealer installing the stripes. He said it might cause damage to the paint if the stripes are removed. You should tried to find a post where someone removed the factory stripes to make sure it can be done without damage.
Well, that has been a concern of mine, but I happen to know a guy who owns a body shop. I think I could probably get him to paint my stripes for cheap.

If pulling the stripes off causes damage, then I guess I have a good excuse to get them painted.

Would CGM stripes look better painted than if they were stickers?
I know it would sure last a lot longer.
__________________
Road_Warrior85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #285
CyberDude
 
Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Exeter, PA
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Well, that has been a concern of mine, but I happen to know a guy who owns a body shop. I think I could probably get him to paint my stripes for cheap.

If pulling the stripes off causes damage, then I guess I have a good excuse to get them painted.

Would CGM stripes look better painted than if they were stickers?
I know it would sure last a lot longer.
Not sure the CGM stripes would look better if they were painted on. Considering the stripes are put on last you should ask the dealer if they can be deleted from the order if the car isn't shipped yet.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #286
Road_Warrior85
 
Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 05 Hemi powered Jeep TJ
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 660
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
Not sure the CGM stripes would look better if they were painted on. Considering the stripes are put on last you should ask the dealer if they can be deleted from the order if the car isn't shipped yet.
No, that is all too late.

Once your car gets to 3300 you cant change the order anymore.

When I took over this order, I was asked if I wanted to change it. I was under the impression the stripes were dealer installed only. So I said no.

By the time I figured out that they will be there when I get the car, it was already too late.

I figure I will give it a look when it gets here and decide then. I may actually like the white stripes after all.
__________________
Road_Warrior85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #287
BL202
Seek and Destroy ricers
 
Drives: 2010 1ss, A6, IBM, RS pkg
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 169
Here are a few of my car from earlier tonight. Hope you guys enjoy.
Attached Images
    
__________________
[SIZE="2"]1100- Preliminary order accepted 04/15/09
2000, Order accepted by GM ???
3000, Order accepted by production control 04/30/09
3300, Order scheduled for production???
3400, Order broadcast 06/01/09
3800, Order produced 06/10/09 Vin: 2g1fj1ej1a9116578
4200, Shipped ???
4300, Intermediate Delivery ???
4B00, Bayed ???
5000, Delivered to the dealer 06/22/09
6000, Delivered to the customer 06/23/09
BL202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:32 AM   #288
BL202
Seek and Destroy ricers
 
Drives: 2010 1ss, A6, IBM, RS pkg
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 169
And a couple more Sprry they are so small. Not sure how to resize them. They look ok as desktops though.
Attached Images
  
__________________
[SIZE="2"]1100- Preliminary order accepted 04/15/09
2000, Order accepted by GM ???
3000, Order accepted by production control 04/30/09
3300, Order scheduled for production???
3400, Order broadcast 06/01/09
3800, Order produced 06/10/09 Vin: 2g1fj1ej1a9116578
4200, Shipped ???
4300, Intermediate Delivery ???
4B00, Bayed ???
5000, Delivered to the dealer 06/22/09
6000, Delivered to the customer 06/23/09
BL202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #289
LightningSS
 
Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 171
Excellent pictures! One of those will be on my desktop at work on Monday. Hope my IBM looks that good when I get...
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #290
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,729
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
some pics of KK2010SS's car from Saturday











SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #291
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
TampaBayCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 179
Fantastic pics guys! The IBM is the best color IMO.

Can't wait to get mine. I absolutely loved this color when I first seen it and it was not available on the SS models for some reason until December.

It has been in "shipped" event status since 6/16 so hoping it will be here by 7/3. Dealer said possibly but with my luck it will come in Monday after the holiday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well.........a Subaru Screamed --

..........and a Mustang wet itself.....................

...................and someone from Dodge quickly put their hands over the headlights of the Challenger......................
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #292
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,280
sharbaugh's beauty... IBM with CGM hood stripes

from -- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29821
















__________________
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #293
bulldog
 
Drives: Acura
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: the Rockies
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
sharbaugh's beauty... IBM with CGM hood stripes

from -- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29821


















I'm loving the IBM CGM stripe combo. I think it will look really good with the ground effects kit not painted (or painted CGM) I think the grey in GFX will bring out the cyber grey more.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #294
jcamere94z28

 
jcamere94z28's Avatar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,269
Here is one more of my car....





Wallpaper here:

http://www.camerephotography.com/ima...0gencamaro.jpg
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official AQUA BLUE METALLIC (ABM) Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 7231 06-25-2016 08:21 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.