Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #1201
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Thanks guys. CGM Hmmm didn't think of that. Thought they would be much darker.
Depends on the lighting. Hardly noticeable at night, pop nice during the day.
Attached Images
 
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #1202
Cezr12
 
Cezr12's Avatar
 
Drives: Cobalt LS Coupe, Camaro IOM LT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 116
Love how it looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
Got the car back from the shop after some work on the diffuser.
Cezr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #1203
ctinatx

 
ctinatx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seattle,Wa
Posts: 1,023
I like the look of the silver stripes on mine, but they are closer to satin.

I installed my heritage grille today too.
__________________
2011 2SS/RS Convertible IBM/gray interior/black top/silver rally/L99/polished wheels - ordered 11/18/2010 - Built 02/09/2011- Delivered 4/2/2011
ctinatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #1204
Gonzo
 
Gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Silver Stripes?
Haven't seen Silver stripes on a car in person yet but leaning that way. Do they "pop" in the sunlight like IBM does or are they more of a satin silver color? Hard to tell from here. Think I have finally found a '11 2SS/RS IBM/Hurst(1st choice) It's without stripes( easy to have put on at dealer. silver or white?)Black Interior(1st choice was Gray)
No sunroof(Ist choice was a sunroof but can do without.) Do any of you really miss a sunroof? Thanks.

As for the sunroof - Got mine without them for the following reasons:

1. My other car has one - I think I have opened it a grand total of 2 times.
2. Saves some weight.
3. Gives a little more headroom.
4. Saves you $900.
__________________

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1205
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
not to mention the sunroof eliminates the "reverse mohawk" and i couldn't live with that...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #1206
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
1. My other car has one - I think I have opened it a grand total of 2 times.
2. Saves some weight.
3. Gives a little more headroom.
4. Saves you $900.
not to mention the sunroof eliminates the "reverse mohawk" and i couldn't live with that...
Thanks guys. Hmm $900 saved can be used to buy a few goodies
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #1207
D Day Dog
 
D Day Dog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 490
I don't miss the sunroof at all. Besides, $900 can get you a good bunch of accessories
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #1208
Shu71

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 788
I like how the sunroof cars roof is flat but I haven't missed not having one. I could use the head room so the non sunroof has been nice. Do you think if they had a T-Top option that it would come with clip-on mullets?
__________________
Shu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #1209
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Do you think if they had a T-Top option that it would come with clip-on mullets?
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #1210
RancidCamaro
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16
Got a couple of shots in this morning..





This was after using Adam's Fine machine polish and machine wax with the porter cable. Love that stuff.
__________________
RancidCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #1211
ballistic
LS1 to a LS2 to a LS3
 
ballistic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Suffolk County LI
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RancidCamaro View Post
Got a couple of shots in this morning..





This was after using Adam's Fine machine polish and machine wax with the porter cable. Love that stuff.
Looks great, I love the heritage grill.
ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #1212
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RancidCamaro View Post
Got a couple of shots in this morning..





This was after using Adam's Fine machine polish and machine wax with the porter cable. Love that stuff.
Beautiful! Can't beat that IBM shine
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #1213
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Beautiful! Can't beat that IBM shine


Well enough Drama. Decided on Silver Rallys. Finally found and bought a car as well after only 200 posts LOL along with a '11 CRT Cruze LTZ

Coming soon '11 IBM 2SS/RS Black Hurst Silver Stripes BodyColorAnt
Thanks guys and gals for the info
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #1214
10spokess
Wild and Cammed
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Man before it was mustang owners that made the mullet comments, now its the camaro guys as well
__________________
10spokess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #1215
Gonzo
 
Gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post

Well enough Drama. Decided on Silver Rallys. Finally found and bought a car as well after only 200 posts LOL along with a '11 CRT Cruze LTZ

Did they throw in the Cruze as an incentive to buy the Camaro SS?

You also need to delete the "coming soon" part of your signature!!

Congrats on getting a great car. I guess that should be "cars".
__________________

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1216
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
hey guys i am thinking of some changes i want to make to the car...

i have the opportunity to get a spare hood for cheap, and i'm thinking paint the hoom a semi-flat black and a semi flat splitter with some semi-flat forgestar F14 what do you guys think? got any pictures of something similar? i have some semi-flat bowties and taillight trim and i think the contrast looks good.

and just because i love IBM here are some pics of the car:




Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #1217
D Day Dog
 
D Day Dog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 490
Arrrrrrgh !!! That shiny IBM hood looks to good IMO to do anything other than leave it just all IBM color. I know I posted this earlier, but I had the hockey stick and hood decals (not the traditional hood skunk stripes) removed before I took delivery of the car. Just looks cool to have the car in the complete IBM color. If I do any other accents, they will be IBM bow tie, IBM SS emblem, IBM interior paneling on the dash and doors, IBM interior LEDs, etc.

Feel free to do whatever you want to your rides, afterall - you paid for them. Just my preference is all folks...

Dog
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #1218
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Day Dog View Post
If I do any other accents, they will be IBM bow tie, IBM SS emblem, IBM interior paneling on the dash and doors, IBM interior LEDs, etc.
thats cool we all got our opinions... but just so you know the bowtie on my car is IBM... well the outside is and the inside is flat black... thats kinda why i like the black and blue idea it brings in the contrast and makes people go "o ya its not black" kinda like you cant tell you have a blue suit on until you stand next to a guy that as a black suit on...

i do like the clean look, though i like making mine different yours or any one else...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #1219
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel
 
ajp's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
thats cool we all got our opinions... but just so you know the bowtie on my car is IBM... well the outside is and the inside is flat black... thats kinda why i like the black and blue idea it brings in the contrast and makes people go "o ya its not black" kinda like you cant tell you have a blue suit on until you stand next to a guy that as a black suit on...

i do like the clean look, though i like making mine different yours or any one else...
I think that would look cool.

My splitter and the center of the diffuser is satin black. I wish I had painted my side skirts the same black, instead of IBM, I think it would have really tied everything together.
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1220
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I think that would look cool.

My splitter and the center of the diffuser is satin black. I wish I had painted my side skirts the same black, instead of IBM, I think it would have really tied everything together.
ya that would have been cool! or done them all gunmetal like your rims, that would look great.

how much lower is your nose of the car with your splitter? and are you lowered?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #1221
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Did they throw in the Cruze as an incentive to buy the Camaro SS?

You also need to delete the "coming soon" part of your signature!!

Congrats on getting a great car. I guess that should be "cars".
Thanks LOL Yeah it was a Freebie LOL Could have been another Camaro but it's a little too much for the daughter. She loves the Cruze and will be driving it quite a bit .

Car looks great Rockin the BlueSS.Black does appear to contrast nice with IBM Just more a fan here personally of Gloss Colors and/or Black Chrome. If you end up doing what you want Maybe go with some black wheels as well. Should go great with the changes you want to make. Good luck with it. Look forward to some pix when it's done.
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1222
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast
 
kmm1412's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Jamison, PA
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Thanks LOL Yeah it was a Freebie LOL Could have been another Camaro but it's a little too much for the daughter. She loves the Cruze and will be driving it quite a bit .

Car looks great Rockin the BlueSS.Black does appear to contrast nice with IBM Just more a fan here personally of Gloss Colors and/or Black Chrome. If you end up doing what you want Maybe go with some black wheels as well. Should go great with the changes you want to make. Good luck with it. Look forward to some pix when it's done.

My daughter just got a Cruze also. An IBM RS LT!!! Same color as dad's car...like father, like daughter...

Best thing about it is she got her own financing, and I'm not on the hook for a penny!!!
__________________
2011 2SS/RS 6M Imperial Blue Metallic|Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes|Gray Interior|Factory (KAE) Hurst Short Throw Shifter|Sunroof
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|AAC IBM & Tinted LED Sidemarkers|Roto-Fab IBM Engine & Radiator Covers|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1223
D Day Dog
 
D Day Dog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 490
Sweet. It's cool when your kid takes after their old man and buys something exactly or similar to what we have...
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #1224
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel
 
ajp's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
ya that would have been cool! or done them all gunmetal like your rims, that would look great.

how much lower is your nose of the car with your splitter? and are you lowered?
The splitter ~1.5 inches lower, I would like to lower the car, but that is asking for trouble.

Waiting to see what SLP comes out with (splitter-wise), I may swap them out and lower the car...will give me a chance to redo the sides at the same time
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #1225
SSBUSDRVR


 
SSBUSDRVR's Avatar
 
Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
My daughter just got a Cruze also. An IBM RS LT!!! Same color as dad's car...like father, like daughter...
Congrats to her! Must think alike IBM was first choice of color but there were none to be found from where we are getting the Camaro. Parked behind a CRMT LT Cruze today and it sure did shine in the sun.
Quote:
Sweet. It's cool when your kid takes after their old man
Ask my wife what she thinks of that. LOL
__________________
'11 IBM 2SS/RS
RIP LS3 01/03/14 Stock Bottom Go Boom.
Suspended,Fueled, Bumped,Blown, Now Really Blown.

SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official AQUA BLUE METALLIC (ABM) Camaro Thread Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 7079 07-14-2014 06:31 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.