Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #1135
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Great looking IBM cars folks. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but sort of on topic.
Heart is set on 2SS/RS 6spd IBM,Gray Silver or White Stripes,Hurst,Sunroof. Want to buy/have it in hand in the next 2-3 weeks. No financing. Ordering is going to take what like 6-8 weeks? Can do without the Sunroof and the dealer can put the stripes on but 2SS/RS manual a must. Can't find an IBM 2SS anywhere around us in FL.(except for LT's) The local dealer can do it but afraid of a little "bait and switch" "Well we located one. Get there and find out it's an Automatic blah blah blah."
Any clues on best way to locate one? Thanks.

I went online and looked at the web sites for ALL the dealers we have here in Alaska. Not as many as Florida, thankfully. Found the cars I was looking for and hit the phones. Told each of them that if they didn't have what I wanted, then we are wasting each others time and I would not be happy to see them if I showed and NO dice on what I'm looking for. That being said, IBM is not a very common color at all. Amazingly, the dealer I bought from had 3 on the lot out of 14 cars - but only (1) 1SS/RS 6 spd. manual.

I would have liked a 2SS, but they said it could take months to get one - not sure of that accuracy, but I figured I didn't need a lot of the interior additions, except for the gauage cluster which I will buy later. The car had the all white stripe pkg. and hockey stick (not the skunk stripes) and I didn't like them, so off they came - didn't realize till later that I'd paid $500 for those stripes then paid $125 to have them taken off. Research online for price, avail. and then call - be adamant about what you'd like. I originally wanted silver, but the IBM just looked awesome in the sun. You will love it.

Oh, and if you buy one, don't forget the ten commandments of IBM ownership:

Thou shalt not like any other color before IBM.
Thou shalt color match thy IBM correctly.
Thou shalt not allow thy IBM to become dirty.
Thou shalt love thy IBM Camaro before all other loves.
Thou shalt not call thy IBM a "Blue" car - it is IBM !!!
Thou shalt mod thy IBM to the fullest extent possible.
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #1136
DZ28

Drives: IBM 2SS Camaro RS M6
Go to Chevrolet.com, go to vehicles, select the Camaro and you can get to a point where you can type in a zip code to search for vehicles. That said IBM will be hard to find. I special ordered mine exactly how I wanted it. The Hurst was not ready last year so I went with the MGW which I think is much better anyway (once broken in).

I would just start plugging in zip codes within reasonable distance to see what 2SS cars are out there. It's an awesome color and looks incredibly deep in bright sunshine.
**** SOLD **** IBM 2SSRS Camaro M6 w/beige leather, and sunroof... \LSR CAI, Pfadt sways, Eibach coilovers, Kooks 1-7/8's headers & hiflow cats, VMS 2.5 Cam kit, VMAX throttle body, JL Audio XD400/4, JL Audio door speakers, MGW shifter, IBM painted heritage grill, Sparks emblems, TechAFX heater bypass, FAST LSXr, BMR sub-frame connectors/Tunnel brace, DSS 1000 axles...
DZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #1137
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Great looking IBM cars folks. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but sort of on topic.
Heart is set on 2SS/RS 6spd IBM,Gray Silver or White Stripes,Hurst,Sunroof. Want to buy/have it in hand in the next 2-3 weeks. No financing. Ordering is going to take what like 6-8 weeks? Can do without the Sunroof and the dealer can put the stripes on but 2SS/RS manual a must. Can't find an IBM 2SS anywhere around us in FL.(except for LT's) The local dealer can do it but afraid of a little "bait and switch" "Well we located one. Get there and find out it's an Automatic blah blah blah."
I live in Jacksonville and I have an ibm 2ss, I've seen a lt in ibm but other than that I haven't seen another ibm. Ordering takes patience but I got my car in 26 days. So I suggest ordering for sure, I doubt it will take as long as they say, especially for a coupe. PM if you want to use my dealer, they did everything for me. Great guys!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #1138
RancidCamaro

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Rims will be 5 spoke, gunmetal with a machined lip.

-Funk
I'd love to know more about this wheel.
RancidCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #1139
Williasd

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I am a proud owner of an 2010 IBM 2SS/RS. Hopefully by the end of summer I will have the money saved up to make a few cosmetic changes (hood, front fascia, and rear spoiler). I have ordered rim (TSW Nurbrugring Matte Gunmetal) so my stripes will be to match the color of the rims. My original thought was to use iridescent paint and have the stripes change colors (keeping them all subtle colors). Has anyone experimented with this type of paint?
Williasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #1140
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '112SS/RS'12CruzECO'11CruzeLTZ,Mini
Thanks guys. Hopefully will locate the obsession soon.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #1141
BlueDragonVT

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3,

Where did you get the steering wheel trim?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #1142
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonVT View Post
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3,

Where did you get the steering wheel trim?
I had it painted locally along with everything else. We were going to do the door/dash panels and after seeing just those, we're glad we didn't. I just wanted to get rid of the odd ball silver that matches nothing else.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #1143
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Quote:
I actually went to my local dealer and told him what I wanted: IBM 2SS/RS manual with Grey interior. They did not have one in stock, so he said he would do a search and find one. They found one in the next state over (Yuma, AZ). So just to make sure it was the correct one, I did a search for dealers in Yuma, then checked their inventory. Found the IBM and then looked at the invoice for it online and made sure it had what I wanted. Once I confirmed it was what I wanted, went back to the dealer and he had it shipped to San Diego. Picked it up in a couple of days.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #1144
BiG_TiMe

Drives: idk
kinda interested in putting white side gill overlays to match the white rally stripes....yay or nay?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1145
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
kinda interested in putting white side gill overlays to match the white rally stripes....yay or nay?
I did the same, but in silver. I say yay.

Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #1146
Lycanine

Put my heritage grill on today...just thought I'd share Check out my journal under my signature too if you get a chance
Name:  WhiteHG.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  WhiteHG2.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  IBMshine.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  Babygotback.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  45.3 KB

Last edited by Lycanine; 03-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Lycanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #1147
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
That looks slick....
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #1148
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Is that silver or white??

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever