Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 09-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #26
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Our Dealer, Mr. Greg Heinrich of Fairway Chevrolet, Henderson Chevrolet, and Pahrump Valley Automall along with Chevrolet auctioned this car off.....

Unless you specifically know all the details about the YMCA of Southern Nevada, it may be prudent to withhold judgement. I happen to know that they do much good in the greater Las Vegas area - and I know that Mr. Heinrich is one of the finest Gentlemen that I will ever meet.

Many thanks to his generosity and caring.

For those of you in Southern Nevada - please consider these dealerships when purchasing a new or used car or truck.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #27
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Yeah baby!!!! Now lets see how much dust it can collect in a museum
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #28
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
No pixorz? :(

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #29
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
the YMCA is nothing more than a business of which hides behind the guise of being "religious" yet they spend no real dollars to enhance the facility unless it is absolutely needed. what a farce lol
I'm not sure what role you have at your local Y except maybe being a member and working out there, but let me assure you, they give a great deal to the community. They have outreach programs for the Armed Forces and youth sports that are generally low-cost (if not NO Cost) to the families that participate. The local YMCA (where my wife works) sponsors underpriveleged children who want to participate in summer camp as well. They have many other programs that I could get into, but those are just a few.

I don't know about your YMCA, but I can tell you that the one where my wife works is generally on a shoe-string budget so the facilities aren't the best in the world, but they get the job done. Plus, their membership rates are much lower than if you went to a private facility.

Bottom line, unless you're involved with the running of the facility and the programs that it provides, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that you don't have all the facts.... Just sayin'.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #30
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
I'm not sure what role you have at your local Y except maybe being a member and working out there, but let me assure you, they give a great deal to the community. They have outreach programs for the Armed Forces and youth sports that are generally low-cost (if not NO Cost) to the families that participate. The local YMCA (where my wife works) sponsors underpriveleged children who want to participate in summer camp as well. They have many other programs that I could get into, but those are just a few.

I don't know about your YMCA, but I can tell you that the one where my wife works is generally on a shoe-string budget so the facilities aren't the best in the world, but they get the job done. Plus, their membership rates are much lower than if you went to a private facility.

Bottom line, unless you're involved with the running of the facility and the programs that it provides, it's a pretty reasonable assumption that you don't have all the facts.... Just sayin'.
you are somewhat right.... I do not work there but have friends that do, I know that almost all of the spin bikes are broken in one way or another, a good amount of the ellipticals also have issues, the facility needs alot of help yet it is always packed with paying members all paying 40 a month for a single and 52 for family membership. the swimming pool is rarely maintained yet our masters swim team pays a substancial amount of money to rent the pool, this is additional to my normal membership fee. in total i pay 85 a month to train there. if not for the friends I have there I would drop them like a sad sack of potatos but we have a pretty good group that trains for races so I keep on paying but damn you would think they could invest in some new equipment cause i know ours is taking in alot of money. also I participate in the triathlon which all the money goes to the y and the last one had 200 people at 60 bucks a head... just sayin
Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #31
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
you are somewhat right.... I do not work there but have friends that do, I know that almost all of the spin bikes are broken in one way or another, a good amount of the ellipticals also have issues, the facility needs alot of help yet it is always packed with paying members all paying 40 a month for a single and 52 for family membership. the swimming pool is rarely maintained yet our masters swim team pays a substancial amount of money to rent the pool, this is additional to my normal membership fee. in total i pay 85 a month to train there. if not for the friends I have there I would drop them like a sad sack of potatos but we have a pretty good group that trains for races so I keep on paying but damn you would think they could invest in some new equipment cause i know ours is taking in alot of money. also I participate in the triathlon which all the money goes to the y and the last one had 200 people at 60 bucks a head... just sayin
I'm here to tell you (and I'm not trying to get into a pissing match here, honestly) that all the money that they do bring in through memberships and the triathalon you speak of generally won't cover all the expenses. It costs a SH*#TON of cash to keep up equipment and keep the lights on. I know that from personal experience having worked for a private fitness club for a couple years myself. Add in to that the cost of the programs that they do provide for little to no money for the community and paying the staff.

As an example, here at our local Y, the Youth Sports program costs 10 bucks for the kids to play unless they're on the free-lunch program at school, then it's free for them. That doesn't even cover the cost of the T-Shirts for the kids, the paying of the refs, lining of the fields, maintenance of the fields, etc. They have to get donors to help out with costs and still barely break even. Maybe it's just that they do a crappy job of accounting, I don't know.

Here in our neck of the woods, they also run a satellite Y, the Armed Services YMCA, which provides low-to-NO cost child care for military spouses of deployed soldiers, rides to and from the Army Community Hospital, Commisary, and Pharmacy for those who can't get there on their own steam, as well as community outreach. Should they do that? I would think that as a volunteer (and as you put it) RELIGIOUS organization, Yes, they should. Money from memberships also goes toward that. Somehow, even on a shoestring budget, my local Y provides all those services and rarely has a complete breakdown of equipment. I'm not saying it never happens, but it's rare, and my wife or her boss usually fix it in short order. I guess you just don't have a good staff at your Y... I don't know. I'm just saying don't knock the whole organization just because you happen to have a crappy experience with your local Y and DONT expect it to be GLOBO GYM, because that's not really what the YMCA is about.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #32
CamaroCrazy69

Drives: 1987 Iroc Z and 1978 Type LT RS
If this brought in $205,000 I wonder how much the first auctioned Z28 will bring. I hope I get a chance to watch it on TV, it'll be exciting!
CamaroCrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
did i mention that our swim team pays 150,000.00 a year to use the swimming pool? i would think that 150k would pay not only every single expense involved in that swimming pool but also the lifeguards saleries as well.... yet they only clean it about 4 times a year and over heat it because the old ladys all 6 of them that enjoy water aerobics like it good n warm lol...... ok no more bashing the Y I love that place and they are the best
Old 09-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #34
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Man I've learned alot about YMCA. Anyone know when it will air? I love thease cars more than any other, and feel Proud of them. And it is good to see them go to charity.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCrazy69 View Post
If this brought in $205,000 I wonder how much the first auctioned Z28 will bring. I hope I get a chance to watch it on TV, it'll be exciting!
It will likely end up where '10 #1 and 2, and THIS convertible, are/will be...

Story is, the convertible was bought on behalf of Mr. Rick Hendrick...
Old 09-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #36
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Not to be a d!@k to charity but 250k.
I love camaros but for 250k id be in a lambo
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #37
WannaBVertOwner

Drives: 2011 Convertible LT2
The Chevrolet Camaro convertible goes on sale in February Read more: http://www.auto

Looks like for $30,000 a base model is yours, I wonder how much the LT & SS models will be?
Attached Images

WannaBVertOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #38
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Production convertible...

Have you members seen this?...
Attached Images

spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #39
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBVertOwner View Post
Looks like for $30,000 a base model is yours, I wonder how much the LT & SS models will be?
Add about $6G's to the Coupes' prices...