Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
Silver Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Silver Blk Stripes
NOWEEDS OWNERS - PLEASE HELP!

I have a 2010 Camaro SS with manual transmission and a Magnaflow exhaust part#16580
http://www.magnaflowplus.com/showitem.aspx?id=103227&name=2010%20Camaro%20SS%20 6.2L%20V8%20Competition%20Series%20Cat-Back&

I talked to Steve at Noweeds and we looked at pictures of my exhaust online. My car has stock headers. He advised me to order the noweeds diverters
for American racing headers and put them in the curve of the pipes that lead into the muffler. Scroll
down this thread to see a picture of how this looks on the exhaust http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7027&page=16 (This does not lead into muffler but I wanted to show how the diverters would fit on
the exhaust. Also these are nickey diverters but are still in the same format as the noweeds).

The part of these divertes that fit in the piping is five inches. When I measure my exhaust in this section it appears to me that there is not enough piping on my exhaust to put the diverters in that section so I was thinking about using the diverters for the stock exhaust. See here for an example of how this looks http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...oweeds+install

After talking to Steve about this he wants me to get him the measurements from the center of the clamps of the cats straight back to the muffler(not pipe length) and the measurements between the pipes as they enter the muffler.

Do any of you have advice as to which diverters would work best or be the easiest to install?
Silver Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
jlpearl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Summit White
I'm not sure, I installed his kit for the L99 (auto tranny) and it bolted in just as he said it would, after using a sawzall to make two simple cuts in the front of the first central muffler.
jlpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT (2SS/RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bumble Bee View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro SS with manual transmission and a Magnaflow exhaust part#16580
http://www.magnaflowplus.com/showitem.aspx?id=103227&name=2010%20Camaro%20SS%20 6.2L%20V8%20Competition%20Series%20Cat-Back&

I talked to Steve at Noweeds and we looked at pictures of my exhaust online. My car has stock headers. He advised me to order the noweeds diverters
for American racing headers and put them in the curve of the pipes that lead into the muffler. Scroll
down this thread to see a picture of how this looks on the exhaust http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7027&page=16 (This does not lead into muffler but I wanted to show how the diverters would fit on
the exhaust. Also these are nickey diverters but are still in the same format as the noweeds).

The part of these divertes that fit in the piping is five inches. When I measure my exhaust in this section it appears to me that there is not enough piping on my exhaust to put the diverters in that section so I was thinking about using the diverters for the stock exhaust. See here for an example of how this looks http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...oweeds+install

After talking to Steve about this he wants me to get him the measurements from the center of the clamps of the cats straight back to the muffler(not pipe length) and the measurements between the pipes as they enter the muffler.

Do any of you have advice as to which diverters would work best or be the easiest to install?
Sounds to me that Steve is trying to determine which kit will provide you with enough clearance, obviously there are moving parts on the diverters and you need to ensure that they can open and close without interuption. Judging from the picture of your exhaust you could probably fit an LS3 kit in there versus one for ARH, but if you're looking to do headers anytime soon, you probably should opt for the ARH version and save some $$$. Steve will definitely take care of you, don't worry about that!
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 128Mods: CAI CAI, Emblempros Dash Plaque, R/C Lic. Plate, Fbodfathers signature, AAC SMD SML, AAC P13 LED DRL, TF center console, Full dash ABL, Noweed Exhaust Diverters, Heritage Grille, Door Projectors, 20watt LED reverse lights with strobe features, S.S. black billet grille with air scoops, custom designed engine cover, custom designed "BLACKOUT" cross drilled / slotted rotors, Borla S-type exhaust, Elite Engineering oil catch can, Nitto Invo Tires WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
MaroSS
VIN - 7314

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i think you should go for the L99 diverters ... i have the ls3 diverters on my l99 because of the borla s-type catback but i feel the ls3 version has too much piping. but you should be fine with either the l99 or ls3 diverters. goodluck
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Hard call here I have kooks headers with stock exhaust I went with L99 kit diverters
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Steve/Noweeds, Nick/American Racing Headers, Casey/Wegner Motorsports and Nickey Chicago all worked together in order to make certain that the Noweeds diverters and ARH exhaust system would all work well together.

Our kits are manufactured by Noweeds.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote