Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #351
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
Still no TSB?
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #352
1FAST SS
 
1FAST SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 576
I just had a very bad experience with my local dealership. I purchased a PDIM and sterring wheel controls from Tonkin Chevrolet and installed them myself. After the install I went to Parks Chevrolet to have the programming completed.

Now the bad experience begins. I was the second upgrade they have done, so I felt good about them completing the upgrade. I sat in the waiting room for two hours before the tech admitted he was having trouble. He came back 30 minutes later to let me know that he was wrapping it up. An hour passed and he had not returned and at this point I have been at the dealership 3 1/2 hours on a program that should have only taken one hour. I asked to speak to the service manager and after explaining my situation he spoke with the tech and relayed to me that during the programming a great deal of issues arose.

By situations they meant that they screwed up my car. The braking system was effected along with the Stability Track. After 30 minutes they returned with my car and told me that it was completed. I paid and was on my way, but by the first light I realized the IPOD did not work. I was beyond upset.

After speaking to the service manager once again I explained that I would return on Monday to complete the programming. I returned and after two hours my car was completely finished. Very bad experience. Make sure that the techs know what to do before you trust them with your car. I pays to ask a great deal of questions.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS Synergy Green

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #353
airos4
 
airos4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2005 Victory Vegas
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 73
I'm playing on Tis2Web; got through the VIN screen, then the RPO, and then it asks me for a hardware part number from the GM scan tool or the label on the controller. The dealership is trying to tell me there's no newer software, but I have a 2011 with the C version hard and software. What hardware number do I put into the Tis2Web to get the correct printout to show them?
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #354
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Dealer would not order new PDIM for my 2010. they said, that i have th most current one CC/CE. What next????
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #355
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Dealer would not order new PDIM for my 2010. they said, that i have th most current one CC/CE. What next????
Do they have a 2011 car on the lot that you can test your USB device on? (Make sure it's DB/DB) If your device works correctly in the 2011 then put pressure on them to fix yours under warranty since it's broken in your car.

Other then that

Buy the 2011 PDIM module?
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #356
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Do they have a 2011 car on the lot that you can test your USB device on? (Make sure it's DB/DB) If your device works correctly in the 2011 then put pressure on them to fix yours under warranty since it's broken in your car.

Other then that

Buy the 2011 PDIM module?
I did that, but they are telling me that the TAC representive is saying I have the latest and greatest HW/SW for my Camaro. They will not do anything for my car, at least, under warranty side of things. I just might have to buy the DB/DB module and install it myself. Just kind of lame, I would have taken the DA/DX under warranty, but they will not do that either. They told me that they wanted me to leave my iPhone (with my personal and work's confidential information on it) with them so they can test it. What I don't get, is if there is new hardware for the 2010 becuase of this issue, why is it not being replaced and why are they telling me that CC/CE is the latested version for my car?
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #357
airos4
 
airos4's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS IBM, 2005 Victory Vegas
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 73
So after an unenlightening conversation with the service writer, and then the service manager, they are telling me that my 2011 which is showing the CE version actually has the PDIM 20985421 already installed, and "the only thing that TIS told us is that there will be a module eventually, but it's not released yet."

Short of pulling my car apart to get to the module and check the part number myself (because I don't believe them) is there any way to see what part number is installed right now? My current plan is to just go pick up my car tomorrow, prove to them that the vert sitting on their lot has a later version of the software, and probably take it to a larger dealer in another town that might be more useful.
airos4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #358
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
I did that, but they are telling me that the TAC representive is saying I have the latest and greatest HW/SW for my Camaro. They will not do anything for my car, at least, under warranty side of things. I just might have to buy the DB/DB module and install it myself. Just kind of lame, I would have taken the DA/DX under warranty, but they will not do that either. They told me that they wanted me to leave my iPhone (with my personal and work's confidential information on it) with them so they can test it. What I don't get, is if there is new hardware for the 2010 becuase of this issue, why is it not being replaced and why are they telling me that CC/CE is the latested version for my car?
It's because you have a 2010, and DB/DB is 2011 hardware and software. It's not the dealer's fault. GM is sticking it to us on this one. I finally gave up and bought the 2011 part and installed it myself.

Whatever happened to the lady at GM who was supposed to be riding to the rescue on this?
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #359
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by airos4 View Post
So after an unenlightening conversation with the service writer, and then the service manager, they are telling me that my 2011 which is showing the CE version actually has the PDIM 20985421 already installed, and "the only thing that TIS told us is that there will be a module eventually, but it's not released yet."

Short of pulling my car apart to get to the module and check the part number myself (because I don't believe them) is there any way to see what part number is installed right now? My current plan is to just go pick up my car tomorrow, prove to them that the vert sitting on their lot has a later version of the software, and probably take it to a larger dealer in another town that might be more useful.
If you have a CE hardware code, you don't have PN20985421. How did they determine that's what you have?

And to answer your question: Yes, I think I'd take it out of the car and show it to them. You have a 2011, and there is no reason for them not to replace your PDIM with PN20985421 under warranty.

Hell! They should replace the 2010 PDIMs with PN20985421 under warranty!
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #360
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I emailed Cheryl Pilcher, like she asked, but I havent received a response from her yet. I'll email her again tomorrow and see if she has an update for me.
:emoticon7:
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #361
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
One month later (five months ago!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I've been talking back and forth with Cheryl, the Camaro Product Manager. She took this issue to the engineers, so it will hopefully be fixed for good here shortly.
Calling Cheryl Pilcher: Are you out there?
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #362
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
It's because you have a 2010, and DB/DB is 2011 hardware and software. It's not the dealer's fault. GM is sticking it to us on this one. I finally gave up and bought the 2011 part and installed it myself.

Whatever happened to the lady at GM who was supposed to be riding to the rescue on this?

Ok, I get that DB/DB is for 2011...but what about the DA/DX module, is that not the WARRANTY Replacement for the 2010's? I have CC/CE. So, my only other recorse is to buy DA/DX or DB/DB and void my warranty on my Radio and any other electorincs that attach to it or dont' listen to my iPhone in my car? I am confused and frustrated about this matter.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #363
Gene Culley

 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Ok, I get that DB/DB is for 2011...but what about the DA/DX module, is that not the WARRANTY Replacement for the 2010's? I have CC/CE. So, my only other recorse is to buy DA/DX or DB/DB and void my warranty on my Radio and any other electorincs that attach to it or dont' listen to my iPhone in my car? I am confused and frustrated about this matter.
The warranted version for the 2010 is the DA/DX. If you want the DB/DB just order it and install it. There will be no voided warranties. I mean, 90% of the dealers don't even realize there is a different hardware version, let alone figure out you have it AND void your warranty. Sorry to say, but honestly you're overly concerned about it and it really isn't that big of a deal to GM.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #364
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
The warranted version for the 2010 is the DA/DX. If you want the DB/DB just order it and install it. There will be no voided warranties. I mean, 90% of the dealers don't even realize there is a different hardware version, let alone figure out you have it AND void your warranty. Sorry to say, but honestly you're overly concerned about it and it really isn't that big of a deal to GM.
You say I am overly concerned and that it's not that big of a deal to GM. However, my Dealer has refused to put the DA/DX in my car. Not becuase they say I don't have a problem, but that they believe I have the LATEST hardware/software in my car already. I have given them all the information about the latest hardware/software, but they will not budge.

Waiting on area rep to call me today, when ever that will be.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #365
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
You say I am overly concerned and that it's not that big of a deal to GM. However, my Dealer has refused to put the DA/DX in my car. Not becuase they say I don't have a problem, but that they believe I have the LATEST hardware/software in my car already. I have given them all the information about the latest hardware/software, but they will not budge.

Waiting on area rep to call me today, when ever that will be.
Which dealership?
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #366
Gene Culley

 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
You say I am overly concerned and that it's not that big of a deal to GM. However, my Dealer has refused to put the DA/DX in my car. Not becuase they say I don't have a problem, but that they believe I have the LATEST hardware/software in my car already. I have given them all the information about the latest hardware/software, but they will not budge.

Waiting on area rep to call me today, when ever that will be.
I'm saying you're overly concerned (voiding warranties) by putting the latest module in your vehicle. GM is not going to even catch you adding the DB/DB yourself. That is all I'm saying.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #367
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Which dealership?
David Chevrolet, but I don't belive it's them. They are being told by TAC that I have the latest version, so they won't do anything becuase TAC keeps telling them there is nothing to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
I'm saying you're overly concerned (voiding warranties) by putting the latest module in your vehicle. GM is not going to even catch you adding the DB/DB yourself. That is all I'm saying.
Ok, just misread your post then.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #368
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged
 
kmcd's Avatar
 
Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,110
Advice for Moorepheus

Speaking as someone who has been through this ordeal, my advice to you is to bite the bullet and buy the part yourself. It's not that expensive, and it's the only way you're going to resolve your issues.

It's shameful that GM is treating us this way, but you shouldn't let a $150-part keep you from enjoying your $35,000-car. Gene knows which PDIM you need, and he can fix you up.
__________________
"If it's too loud...well, you know the rest."
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #369
Moorepheus

 
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 1,307
Yep, that is my situation, i will have to buy it myself. Just got off the phone with the area GM rep and he would not listen to me. However, he told me that the dealer told him that they could not reproduce the reported issue. Funny, the dealer never told me that. No where in their documetation does it state that either. They told me that they were going to do an upgrade of the software to see if this fixed the problem. However, when they realized I already had the latest software, they closed the book on my case and said there was nothing more to do. So, two stories, same result, broken PDIM in my car.

I just went back and looked at some documentation that they gave me. It is for #PI0055 Radio display may be missing data when using USB-NOISE,.... Dated March 5, 2010. It clearly states not to replace the PDIM in my car. No wonder, a document that is over a year old and 2 new PDIM hardware versions have come out since. Guess I am SOL...
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #370
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
Yep, that is my situation, i will have to buy it myself. Just got off the phone with the area GM rep and he would not listen to me. However, he told me that the dealer told him that they could not reproduce the reported issue. Funny, the dealer never told me that. No where in their documetation does it state that either. They told me that they were going to do an upgrade of the software to see if this fixed the problem. However, when they realized I already had the latest software, they closed the book on my case and said there was nothing more to do. So, two stories, same result, broken PDIM in my car.

I just went back and looked at some documentation that they gave me. It is for #PI0055 Radio display may be missing data when using USB-NOISE,.... Dated March 5, 2010. It clearly states not to replace the PDIM in my car. No wonder, a document that is over a year old and 2 new PDIM hardware versions have come out since. Guess I am SOL...

Dude, this whole thing is out of control. Now that I have Waldo back out full time on the road after his winter hibernation, it's time to go to Basil and raise some shit. I'll let you know how it works out...
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #371
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
And someone please enlighten me (and straighten out all the misconceptions in this thread)...

1) If you have a 2010 with a C../C.. module and software, there is no way to flash anything "D" onto that module, correct?
.
2) Further, if someone has a 2010, the best they can do under warranty is get the "2010 D module" that only goes as high as DA/DX, right?
.
3) Lastly, if a 2010 owner wants the "latest and greatest" everything, they must purchase the 2011 module to get to DB/DB, true?
.
.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #372
Gene Culley

 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

The modules really can't be upgraded to the next version, which is why you get the latest DB/DB. That is really the answer.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #373
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
The modules really can't be upgraded to the next version, which is why you get the latest DB/DB. That is really the answer.
So... Ship mine yet? J/k but as soon as i get to a computer and off the damn phone I will search out your sale thread and order one. While I firmly believe I would win in the end of a pissing match (at least to the 2010 D series), my time isn't free either. I'll piss away a lot more than $100ish worth of time proving I could "win" anyways. Screw the overall big headache- not for $100.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #374
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
So... Ship mine yet? J/k but as soon as i get to a computer and off the damn phone I will search out your sale thread and order one. While I firmly believe I would win in the end of a pissing match (at least to the 2010 D series), my time isn't free either. I'll piss away a lot more than $100ish worth of time proving I could "win" anyways. Screw the overall big headache- not for $100.
And......... Done. Confirmation # xxx80611

Nice to have respectable vendors here that you don't think twice about ordering from.
.
.
So now I actually can ask... Ship mine yet?
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #375
bandier
Got mine!
 
bandier's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Yellow w/ Stripes
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 973
Does the new version play MP4s? Mine only plays MP3s.
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audio/Bluetooth/PDIM FAQ UCF w00t Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 128 12-11-2014 12:58 AM
How many people will E-85 their new camaro? Speed74SS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 57 01-03-2011 03:16 PM
* * * OnStar iPhone application - UPDATE * * * CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 142 08-12-2010 12:13 AM
Tire Monitoring System monevz28 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 7 11-22-2009 04:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.