Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #51
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I used to see the GM music connect, and used it for a few days, hasnt worked since, with my 3GS. Dont know.. I sent some emails, hoping to hear back soon.
Let me know here or via PM (actually make sure it's here either way for everyone to see) if you can get “GMusicConnect” to show up again. I'm going to unpair my iPhone and do what I can to effectively reset the system to default(s) and start back up from scratch. If neither of us can get "GMC" to show up again, I'll get my car in for the latest upgrades based on that and report back here on the end result(s). FWIW, last time I requested they look at the upgrade, they gave me this line of crap about a TSB saying the iPhone should be used in "airplane" mode and that I should try that for a while first to see if that remedies my problem. So... I'm supposed to disable my phone (airplane mode) to be able to listen to music as an iPod? WTF kind of BS reasoning is that? Anyways, needless to say, it didn't make a damn bit of difference wrt my problems...

I was going to take the car in to get the oil changed again and have them change out the rear diff fluid while it's there anyways, so I may as well get the PDIM crap taken care of too while it's there. Almost time to put him away for the winter and that way he'll be ready to go in the spring.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #52
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I also have CC CE. This was my "upgrade" today. Not sure what they actually did, but the reflash fixed all the problems. (well, they didn't come up in the 2 hours I was running around today.)
Old 10-13-2010, 05:10 AM   #53
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I have CB CC and have no issues at all. Just a thought..even though someone said it was older version. But where do u find out what's the lastest is my question. No one seems to know what upgrade is the most recent..even GM lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #54
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I emailed Cheryl Pilcher, like she asked, but I havent received a response from her yet. I'll email her again tomorrow and see if she has an update for me.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #55
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
I have CB CC and have no issues at all. Just a thought..even though someone said it was older version. But where do u find out what's the lastest is my question. No one seems to know what upgrade is the most recent..even GM lol
There's two hardware versions... CB and DA. If you have CB (most people) the latest is CE. If you have DA, I believe there's just one software version DX.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #56
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 2010 RS, 07 600rr, 09 250
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
I have to take my 2010 in for service today. ( gas blowing out of exhaust) and would like to get my radio fixed while I am at it. Mine does some of the same things I have read here. With my ipod it will only show and play about 1/3 of the songs on it and with my iphone it will play sometimes, sometimes it will not play at all and then sometimes it will do the static thing after a few minutes. What EXACTLY do I need to tell the service guy? I read in here something about a print out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I have to take my 2010 in for service today. ( gas blowing out of exhaust) and would like to get my radio fixed while I am at it. Mine does some of the same things I have read here. With my ipod it will only show and play about 1/3 of the songs on it and with my iphone it will play sometimes, sometimes it will not play at all and then sometimes it will do the static thing after a few minutes. What EXACTLY do I need to tell the service guy? I read in here something about a print out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well, just tell them the symptoms, static, radio disconnecting ipod etc.. Chances are they will want to see it happen in person. The print out is from TIS2WEB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
They can check http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ and see it. In order to get to it...
put your vin in and click Get CAL ID
From the controller list, click PDIM and click Next
Select RPO UYE/UYI and click Next
Select 20927510 from the list and click next

Then you should see what I posted. Codeman said that dealers often refer to PDIM as "MMIM" so that may help.
Try telling the service department that your radio only indexes 2500 songs, and you need to update so you can index 10,000 songs.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #58
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 2010 RS, 07 600rr, 09 250
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
Quote:
Well, just tell them the symptoms, static, radio disconnecting ipod etc.. Chances are they will want to see it happen in person. The print out is from TIS2WEB.

Try telling the service department that your radio only indexes 2500 songs, and you need to update so you can index 10,000 songs.
The dealer just picked it up! :(
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 PM   #59
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
how do i pressure the dealer on this issue? i have CC/CE, and i have sat in my car with the service manager, shown him all the problems i'm having...... he suggests i contact GM directly and do some sort of "product review" - and i stop him right there and tell him that there is updated hardware and software to resolve some of these issues.

i show him my CC/CE version... and i show him the picture of one of the guys with DA/DX... and he just gives me a look like i'm ****in' stupid or something. then i show him the tisweb print out that describes the revised hardware, the new software, what it fixes - but he just keeps running me around in circles saying "Well you have the most up to date software for your PDIM"............. but I'm telling him that there is a NEW PDIM........ and he looks at me with a retarded expression on his face.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #60
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
that's when you get pissed and tell him if he doesn't do his f'n job then you're A) going elsewhere to somebody competent, and B) everybody and their brother will know what complete morons they are, especially the people up the GM corporate ladder after you finish complaining to everybody that will listen about their $hit service.

Always start off nice with these guys because usually it works out in your favor. When met with blatant ignorance, stupidity, and laziness though you have no other choice really but, to crack some skulls.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #61
SDCamaro10

Well.. I sent the email to Cheryl at GM, talked to her this morning. shes sending this to the quality team to have it looked at and resolved. Hopefully i'll get some info afterwards on procedures to get it fixed. If i find anything out i'll start a new thread and let you all know.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #62
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Well.. I sent the email to Cheryl at GM, talked to her this morning. shes sending this to the quality team to have it looked at and resolved. Hopefully i'll get some info afterwards on procedures to get it fixed. If i find anything out i'll start a new thread and let you all know.
let us know!

this is horseshit..... the PDIM is a big selling point and it hasn't worked properly since day one. we don't even get the choice of an in-dash 6 CD changer. the USB interface is the feature that sold me on this "upgrade", and it hasn't performed like it's supposed to for the past 16 months that i've had my car.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #63
SDCamaro10

Got word today

I heard back this morning. Here is a segment of the email received. This is VERY credible information(Cheryl Pilcher from GM), so expect some real results sometime in the future. I put a note in my calender to check back in 2 weeks

"Got a note back... The latest hardware and software should start production soon. As soon as the new PDIM is available, a service bulletin will be written."

As soon as I get word about production, and service bulletin numbers, i'll post immediately for everyone to take some action and stick it to your dealers. Hope this helps everyone.

Last edited by SDCamaro10; 10-20-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: typo
SDCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #64
Rizzo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
As soon as I get word about production, and service bulletin numbers, i'll post immediately for everyone to take some action and stick it to your dealers. Hope this helps everyone.
Awesome

Please update the group once the Service Bulletin is issued.

Thanks for helping pursue this annoyance!
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #65
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Awesome

Please update the group once the Service Bulletin is issued.

Thanks for helping pursue this annoyance!
No prob! Im really grateful that Cheryl is helping me/us with this. The GM faculty really do care about us, and do listen to us when we voice our concerns.

This annoyance is extremely annoying. Mine is having so many issues that I just use the aux port now and plug in the 1/4mm jack in to the phone/mp3 player. I dont even use the USB anymore.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #66
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Well done, SDCamaro!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #67
BowTie_True

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Thank you SDCamaro10. I too have been having issues with the USB port and it was a selling point to me on the upgrade. Besides my Mustang buddies are starting to tease me about it. I hope a quick firmware upgrade can fix this.
BowTie_True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #68
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTie_True View Post
Thank you SDCamaro10. I too have been having issues with the USB port and it was a selling point to me on the upgrade. Besides my Mustang buddies are starting to tease me about it. I hope a quick firmware upgrade can fix this.

GM came late to the USB/MP3 party

every other aftermarket USB interface that i've used has worked perfectly... and it's what i expected to find in this $40,000 Camaro.

i expected to have to mess around with it, figure out how it works, and figure out how i'd have to organize all my music..... NOT to go to the dealer every few weeks with a laundry list of problems that i've been having with it.

i can't wait for this TSB to be released... we'll all see it before my dealer does, no doubt.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #69
cybercoaster

Drives: '12 ZL1 AGM
This is really strange and I probably shouldnt type this - knock on wood - I have CC/CE and use a USB stick and at other times used a new iPOD. I never had any issues at all. I dont get it. I also use my bluetooth all the time. Maybe I am missing something. The only thing I dont like is if I am listening to the radio, get out of the car, get back in, it defaults to my iPOD all the time instead of the source I was last listening to.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #70
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
This is really strange and I probably shouldnt type this - knock on wood - I have CC/CE and use a USB stick and at other times used a new iPOD. I never had any issues at all. I dont get it. I also use my bluetooth all the time. Maybe I am missing something. The only thing I dont like is if I am listening to the radio, get out of the car, get back in, it defaults to my iPOD all the time instead of the source I was last listening to.
Fortunately not everyone experiences these issues. looks like you are one of the lucky ones.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #71
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
"The latest hardware and software should start production soon"

so... how does someone here already have the new hardware and software if its not even in production yet?
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #72
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Same here (CC/CE). Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Using iPod classic 80GB 6th gen. I like the default to iPod, radio in my country sucks.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #73
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
"The latest hardware and software should start production soon"

so... how does someone here already have the new hardware and software if its not even in production yet?
Dont have an answer for you on that, I was wondering that myself. There is probably newer hardware and software available, like for the indexing thing from 2500, up to 10000 songs.. im sure that was a software/hardware update.. BUT apparently, the hardware and software they are developing right now should be the fix to the current issues. No single update will resolve every single issue the very first time. They cant anticipate future issues like static, or software becoming corrupt. When something fails, they'll develope a fix. It sucks that this didnt come absolutely perfect from factory, and i hardly expect it to. Give it some time and i'll be willing to bet the Ford's version will have some issues here and there too.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #74
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
what size USB stick? how many mp3's do you put on it?

bluetooth is cool... i like it... but i like that i don't have to "charge" my USB stick, or worry about the battery going dead.

i'm currently using an 8GB Sandisk stick, which holds around 1,500 files... and i'm having a helluva time with it. - let alone 2,500 or 10,000

i also HATE that when i'm switching from Radio to USB or CD, that the "Aux Input" comes up even though i never plug anything into that audio jack. in other GM vehicles with 6 CD in dash changers, you are NEVER prompted by the "Aux Input" unless you actually have a cable plugged into that jack.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #75
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
what size USB stick? how many mp3's do you put on it?

bluetooth is cool... i like it... but i like that i don't have to "charge" my USB stick, or worry about the battery going dead.

i'm currently using an 8GB Sandisk stick, which holds around 1,500 files... and i'm having a helluva time with it. - let alone 2,500 or 10,000

i also HATE that when i'm switching from Radio to USB or CD, that the "Aux Input" comes up even though i never plug anything into that audio jack. in other GM vehicles with 6 CD in dash changers, you are NEVER prompted by the "Aux Input" unless you actually have a cable plugged into that jack.
Dude just get an iPod classic. It works great with CC/CE, great sound quality and it gets charged while plugged in (only when the car is running), so you can leave it in the box forever, like I do. I have 55 GB of music in it and no problems indexing and no delay etc etc. It should also be much cheaper than buying/upgrading to a new PDIM.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote