Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #562
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)
 
One Mean Chevy's Avatar
 
Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GM Country
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsantoli View Post
Does anybody know if the camaro will have the Gas Guzzler Tax? I just received February issue of Motortrend and they tested the pontiac g8 gxp which ran 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and the 1/4 13.0 (auto and manual same times). This car has a similiar weight to the camaro 3969 to 3860 manual and 4043 to 3913 auto. I can see the auto with AFM not having the GG tax. I'm hoping the manual won't have the GG Tax. Thanks Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
To the best of my knowledge, NEITHER will have that tax. If anything, under normal circumstances, it would be the auto that would have it and not the manual (as with the GTO). Of course, then they charged you $800 to get the GTO with a manual transmission instead...

No there will be no Gas Guzzler Tax. Thats why the Manual on the SS will have Skip Shift to dodge the Gas Guzzler Tax.
__________________
Horsepower Means Nothing without the Torque and Transmission to back it up.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #563
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 3,842
This picture may be my favorite so far. The lines and curves really stand out, the standard trim lights look great. More character than any competitor.

My new destop backgrund.

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #564
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Are those wheels 'painted aluminum'? or polished.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #565
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 3,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Are those wheels 'painted aluminum'? or polished.
Those look like the standard painted wheels, polished are an available option.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #566
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
^ Hmmmm. Those wheels look a lot better than what I saw in person. When visiting the Arizona Auto Show- I thought the painted aluminum wheels on the red Camaro looked absolutely horrible. After that, I changed my wheels to polished because the painted looked too cheap imho.

Here's a pic that I took of the Camaro in Arizona.

Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #567
jspeak32
 
jspeak32's Avatar
 
Drives: Silverado
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
NO, NO, NO!!!! It is standard on 2LT and 2SS.
I also read you have to get black leather on 2LT or 2SS to get the blue accent lighting. Can you or anyone confirm this?

If it is true you have to get black leather, can it be a 2-tone option or must be all black?
jspeak32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #568
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy
 
dieseldave24v's Avatar
 
Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Richlands/Camp Lejeune NC
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
I also read you have to get black leather on 2LT or 2SS to get the blue accent lighting. Can you or anyone confirm this?

If it is true you have to get black leather, can it be a 2-tone option or must be all black?

The way I understand it is every color interior comes with blue lighting except IOM. IOM comes with orange.
__________________

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #569
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 3,842
The first car is a SS:

Wheels: 20 x 8-inch front and 20 x 9-inch rear flangeless, painted aluminum
with Sterling Silver finish (Midnight Silver finish when RS Appearance Package is ordered)

SS optional:

Wheels: 20” x 8” front and
20” x 9” rear polished aluminum

I believe that is the difference, not sure. I think the polished SS wheels will really shine like pure chrome, as on a Corvette with the polished wheel option.

Second car is a V6, with different wheel options.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #570
Steve
Ancalagon The Black
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upstate - NY
Posts: 896
Can someone tell me if the cover on the engine in the picture is a standard cover, or is this the optional engine cover?
Attached Images
 
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #571
DET MUSL
Let's Go Wings!
 
DET MUSL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
Posts: 313
The silver cover as pictured is the standard. Body color is optional.
__________________
Current Ride
2005 Cobalt SS/SC
Mods:
GMPP Stage 2
K&N CAI
Vibrant Racing Muffler
Carbon Fiber Hood w/ SS style scoop
Black Wheels
Best 1/4 Mile Time
13.8 @ 101.4mph
DET MUSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #572
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
The way I understand it is every color interior comes with blue lighting except IOM. IOM comes with orange.
+1 that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MUSL View Post
The silver cover as pictured is the standard. having the silver parts painted the same as the Body color is optional.
just for clarity. and you can only get Victory Red, Red Jewel Tintcoat, Inferno Orange, Scorch Yellow, & Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
^ Hmmmm. Those wheels look a lot better than what I saw in person. When visiting the Arizona Auto Show- I thought the painted aluminum wheels on the red Camaro looked absolutely horrible. After that, I changed my wheels to polished because the painted looked too cheap imho.

Here's a pic that I took of the Camaro in Arizona.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
The first car is a SS:

Wheels: 20 x 8-inch front and 20 x 9-inch rear flangeless, painted aluminum
with Sterling Silver finish (Midnight Silver finish when RS Appearance Package is ordered)

SS optional:

Wheels: 20” x 8” front and
20” x 9” rear polished aluminum

I believe that is the difference, not sure. I think the polished SS wheels will really shine like pure chrome, as on a Corvette with the polished wheel option.

Second car is a V6, with different wheel options.
yes. the one from AZ is a LT/RS and comes from the factory with the Midnight Silver wheels, but the ones in that picture ain't it.
These are Midnight Silver
Attached Images
 
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #573
lrc250
480 HP 2010 2SS
 
lrc250's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 324
Okay fess up...who else got to ride in it? Also, listen to the audio at the end of the first one about 115mph....









lrc250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #574
HeatherR
 
HeatherR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 721
Well, we leave in the morning to head north. Looks like day 1 to GA will be no problem, but we could have weather issues day 2 and 3--We'll see! Today we had the opportunity to meet a few great Camaro5 members and really enjoyed it! I'll try to update our journey north, but can't stop at all stops along the way (My husband has to make it back to Canada by Monday to go to work--so you can get your Camaros!) and at the rate of stops that have been requested it would take us a week I will try to group a few of your requests for opportunities as long as the weather keeps cooperating! I will try to post a few pics tomorrow evening (I am having trouble tonight?)
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #575
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
dang. You really can't even hear the exhaust in the last vid. Guess I'll have to get a performance exhaust or something to change that.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #576
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 3,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

yes. the one from AZ is a LT/RS and comes from the factory with the Midnight Silver wheels, but the ones in that picture ain't it.
These are Midnight Silver

Took me a few reads to get that. So what do we think the AZ pic wheels are?

Painted LT non-rs 18" wheels.

And are the VR SS wheels the standard painted SS wheels (I think so), or polished optional SS wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Well, we leave in the morning to head north. Looks like day 1 to GA will be no problem, but we could have weather issues day 2 and 3--We'll see! Today we had the opportunity to meet a few great Camaro5 members and really enjoyed it! I'll try to update our journey north, but can't stop at all stops along the way (My husband has to make it back to Canada by Monday to go to work--so you can get your Camaros!) and at the rate of stops that have been requested it would take us a week I will try to group a few of your requests for opportunities as long as the weather keeps cooperating! I will try to post a few pics tomorrow evening (I am having trouble tonight?)
Happy Trails!

Hey, are the wheels on that car polished optional SS wheels or standard SS wheels? Thanks.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 AM   #577
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Awesome vids! It's great to see the car in candid shots. Especially when it drives up in the first vid. Looks great!
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #578
Jamey
 
Jamey's Avatar
 
Drives: Blue 1969 w/ 850 hp 540
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naples
Posts: 30
OK. I'll fess up. I drove it too. Nice ride. That definitely clinched it for me. I'll be placing my order shortly. I refrained from trying to replicate the burnout I did in my 69 though. Don't want to be the first guy to break one.
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 07:10 PM
Onstar....a spy???? please comment dieseldave24v General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 138 02-23-2012 02:12 PM
CNN: Camaro: From sketchpad to street - The rebirth of a muscle car ... Gatecrasher 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 49 10-05-2009 04:33 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 07:56 PM
Comparison Test, by Proxy: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 AirGoya Chevy Camaro vs... 86 07-24-2008 12:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.