Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Strange Throttle Stick

Okay, I drive an A6 2SS. The issue I'll describe happened on two separate occasions while driving in sport mode: I decide to have some fun around a corner. I go around the corner, gun it pretty hard, then let off the gas quickly. Each time I've done this, once with nannies on then once off, the rpms seemed to get stuck just over the 3000 mark. Meaning, the engine didn't seem to want to idle back down normally and each time I shifted into drive in order to get the rpms to idle down. So, any thoughts on what this might be?
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Mine does this also, it doesnt appear to be 'stuck' though since if I upshift using the paddle it goes back to normal. I wonder, but dont know for sure, if it is sensing aggressive driving and keeping the RPMs up.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Blue Menace

See, I wondered that as well. However, very soon after the first time it "stuck" I decided to hammer it quickly on a straight-away and the rpms ramped up and went back down normally. So, it seems it only does this thing when taking curves hard.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Thats why I think it is intentional. If you are driving aggressive you would not want it to shift IN a curve. I suspected it was detecting an hard acceleration in a curve and not shifting. I've not asked a dealership about it though, and given their tract record I doubt they would have any clue. Plus I would not want one of them driving the car that way to try and reproduce the issue.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
RipperFox
Grrr!!!

Drives: BLK/IOM '11 2SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107840

You should all get together. Sounds like torque management.
3. See rule #1
RipperFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
Blue Menace

I appreciate the idea, but I don't think it's the same thing. I experienced it once again today and have realized that it only occurs in sport mode. Unlike the posts from the thread RipperFox tagged, my rpms don't rev up and rev back down. Rather, they go up correctly through the turn and then won't drop on their own when off throttle and out of the curve until I shift into drive. I'm really wanting more feedback here...no one interested or have the same experience?