Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Notneb

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Tranny noise and a waterfall in my ac?

I just bought a 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6M today, was all excited, and then when I was driving it around near the dealership, I noticed, everytime in 1st or second gear *i suspect other gears, however road noise prohibited hearing the problem*, I noticed that when I let off the gas there was a rattling/chattering noise coming from the transmission area. When I depressed the clutch fully, the noise went away. When I pressed the accelerator, the noise seemed to go away. There's also a slight vibration when I hear the noise. The dealer said he'd look at it when I brought the camaro back for the exhause/grille package *dealer incentive packages*, next week. As I drove around later on, I noticed the noise is loud enough to be heard outside the car. As if things couldn't get any worse, I was sitting in my driveway with the car idling in neutral, and the ac on the lowest fan setting. I was a little warm so i turned the ac fan setting to the second setting. It sounded like I had a small foutain inside my dash. As I increased the fan speed, the noise escelated till it sounded like a small waterfall... my guess is that water is somehow entering the ventilation system and getting directly onto the fan... Any thoughts or experience in this would be helpful, as I don't want to fly off the handle at the dealership, as I don't think this is in anyway their fault. The car only has 100miles on it. How should I approach the dealer with this information also? Should I demand they fix it or just bring it up and ask what they can do? Thanks! Hopefully this gets resolved, I love the car, despite these problems, and would rather not be soured over this ordeal.
Notneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Make them fix it, brand new car unless you bought it used and that could be why someone got rid of it. If used take it to another service department to see if they could fix it. Someone could of bought it from the dealer you got it from and they could never fix it so they turned it back in.

That is if it was used though.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Both issues have come up before, the noise in the transmission is most likely the normal slap or play that exists in most in not all M6's, mine included. The noise from the air condition, if memory serves correctly is a fix required by the dealership, something to do with a control valve or check valve needing to be installed.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Some cars had the hose for the ac kinked and had to go under the car and straiten the hose. Be ware some times there's alot of water in there. There was also a post on this. How many miles is on your car?
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Notneb

I really hope it's not regular slap and play, it sounds like someone running a screwdriver across bicycle spokes.... horrible sound :s

Miles on the car are now at 163. I bought it with 90miles on it. And yes, I found out just how much water was in there, I turned on the ac today, forgot to take it off defrost setting, and it promptly doused my windshield and dash with water :s

I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to drop it off and have both issues looked at. Other than that, it's a great car, no other issues at all. Transmission seems fine, just makes that horrid noise when you let off the gas at 2,000rpm's or lower.

Like I said, hopefully it's just dumb fixes, makes me wonder if I should've just waited for a 2011 :s
Old 10-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Well the ac fix shouldn't take long and maybe the clutch just needs bleeding. Keeping fingers crossed for you. That's a bad ass car just hang in there and let them fix the gremlins. You won't be sorry you got 2010
Old 10-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Keep us posted, would really like to know the outcome.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Notneb

Well she's in the shop right now, the ac problem was indeed a kinked drain line, no big deal. But they're pulling the tranny to find out what the noise is. Supposedly the master mechanic there drove it and pretty much said: wtf is that?! Always a good sign *sarcasm* I'm on my way over to pick up a rental right now, i'll post more info when I get it!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Notneb

New update: Ac's fixed, got the car back for the weekend, since Hertz didn't have any GM cars available for the dealership to rent, thus I would've been without a car for the weekend if they'd pulled the tranny. Tech's said they're pretty sure it's an: "input shaft bearing" making the noise. Gonna bring it back monday, then they'll know for sure. They said it's perfectly driveable for the weekend, and i'm glad to have her back for now Despite these probs, I love this car!!! Can't wait for everything to get ironed out so I can start voiding warranty's
Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Good for you bro. Glad it's working for you. That's an easy fix. Dealer will prob have your car for a day or so to fix shaft
Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
Notneb

Update: Still in the shop, they replaced the pressure plate to the car, and the noise stopped in 1st and 2nd gear, and instead moved to 3rd gear. Joy. So yet another weekend with a rental...
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #12
Notneb

Ok so my car's been in the shop for 18 days and i'm furious. They're still waiting on parts, and they tell me the parts are back ordered. Is there any legal action I can take to just get a damn new car? This is bs, I shouldn't have to wait 18+days for my brand new car to get fixed. What are my options for when I go talk to the manager, cuz i'm soooo p.o'd!!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #13
Notneb

Talked to the dealership, if they can't fix it in the next 9 days, they'll have a new one ready for me
Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #14
Notneb

Got my car back, brand new tranny, seems to be working fine!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Good. Gald to hear a good outcome.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is online now   Reply With Quote