Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #26
zirotti
 
zirotti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 400
Shit, you should have ordered the GFX anyways if they were free Who is the ordering dealer?
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
1FREESS
 
1FREESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirotti View Post
Shit, you should have ordered the GFX anyways if they were free Who is the ordering dealer?
The dealer didn't order it, GM actually did, but it will arrive at the dealer for pick up...not soon enough!!
1FREESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #28
Wink2010
 
Wink2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Macedon, NY
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FREESS View Post
Thanks! Did you have to pay the taxes and fees on it? I do and it will be close to $5,000. Looking forward to that 1099 at the end of the year! lol

What's the first thing you did when you got it??
This is something that still amazes me...I called the New York DMV, they told me that because I didn't pay to enter the sweepstakes, it was considered a gift and I didn't owe sales tax. I think I passed out at that point! We do have to include it on our income tax but the way we figure it, even if it adds $10K to what we owe, it's still a cheap Camaro.

We had to go out to JEGS headquarters as part of their 50th anniversary celebration to pick up the car. It was really cool! Afterwards, we drove it home, 420 miles.

So far, I've added the skip shift adapter and after seeing the Jannety test, I bought a Halltech cold air induction unit. It's been raining since I put it on so I don't know if I can feel and difference. My car has never been rained on, it was stored in JEGS race car shop.

Have fun with your new car! They are a blast to drive.
__________________
2010 JEGS Sweepstakes Winner! JBA Axle Back, HalltechYellow Jacket, Adaptive Performance Skip Shift, Elite Catch Can, BMR Trailing Arms, Clutch Fluid Reservoir

Wink2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #29
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train
 
Ironheadspearo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Daytona Beach
Posts: 2,060
YOU SUCK..... congrats though lol
__________________
PAIN is temporary, PRIDE is forever......RACE HARD
Ironheadspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #30
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FREESS View Post
The $5,000 is the sales tax, license & registration fees. I have no idea what the IRS bill will be when I do my taxes next year! --You are probably right--about $14,000. lol Oh well...still cheaper than buying it.
Ugh...sickening.

A person rightfully wins an extravagant prize..that should be almost completely free but the government swoops in and says "ooo lookie lookie...another way we can squeeze money from the sheep!! Gimmie Gimmie!!"
__________________
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #31
kauffjd3
 
kauffjd3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 216
congrats!

my fingers are crossed for the maggie!
__________________
2SS/RS lS3 RJT, 3in SLP Catback

kauffjd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #32
Jus1dab


 
Jus1dab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,215
I won my CamaroSS too. On a scratch ticket call muscle car money. I had my choice of a Mustang, Charger, Challenger, or Camaro 2SS/RS. There was never a second thought on which one I would get. I played the game to win the Camaro. Congratulations 1FREESS...enjoy.
__________________
Jus1dab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #33
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,462
Very nice!!!!!! Glad to see you were able come to the site and share the great even with us.
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #34
vincewalthers
 
vincewalthers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Aqua Blue Metallic
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 481
Cool! My turn should almost be here! Someone has my name on a free camaro somewhere, I just have to find that ticket/drawing lol
vincewalthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #35
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
guiLT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Maxima
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 6,635
CONGRATS!
__________________
guiLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #36
Rob191288
 
Rob191288's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Andrews AFB, MD
Posts: 586
I'm Jealous, even $14,000 for a 2SS Camaro, psssh I paid 10 grand more for my base model LS. CONGRATS though!!!
Rob191288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #37
Legend
Hello!
 
Legend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,624
Heck yeah...optioned out 2SS/RS for $14K...where does that line start?

Congrats!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #38
1FREESS
 
1FREESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink2010 View Post
This is something that still amazes me...I called the New York DMV, they told me that because I didn't pay to enter the sweepstakes, it was considered a gift and I didn't owe sales tax. I think I passed out at that point! We do have to include it on our income tax but the way we figure it, even if it adds $10K to what we owe, it's still a cheap Camaro.

We had to go out to JEGS headquarters as part of their 50th anniversary celebration to pick up the car. It was really cool! Afterwards, we drove it home, 420 miles.

So far, I've added the skip shift adapter and after seeing the Jannety test, I bought a Halltech cold air induction unit. It's been raining since I put it on so I don't know if I can feel and difference. My car has never been rained on, it was stored in JEGS race car shop.

Have fun with your new car! They are a blast to drive.
Thank you for telling me that!! I just called the DMV and found out that I will have to pay the registration fees, but no sales tax since it was a gift!! Yeahoo!! I'm excited to save almost $4000!! Thank you again for the tip!!
1FREESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,608
lucky man!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #40
Sevn86


 
Sevn86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 13,091
You should have gotten the GFX and then sold it on here and made some extra money for other mods....thats what i would have done.
__________________
2LT, RS, AT6 ABM, Gray Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by baclarsen View Post
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #41
25thanniversary

 
25thanniversary's Avatar
 
Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Laredo,TX
Posts: 2,170
Congrats on ur camaro post pictures once you get it
__________________


TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #42
CUPRA

 
CUPRA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS - IOM/CGM Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,278
Congratulations 1FREESS!

I won the iPad I'm typing this on from Classic Chevrolet about a month before I picked up my Camaro, then won a $100 gift card from them as well about 3 weeks later! That went towards the tint on my Camaro 2SS/RS!

Does that count?
__________________


2011 - 2SS/RS - IOM/CGM Stripes • CUPRA • Ordered: 4/10/2010 Mine: 7/1/2010 - 426BHP+CAI
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #43
1FREESS
 
1FREESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Congratulations 1FREESS!

I won the iPad I'm typing this on from Classic Chevrolet about a month before I picked up my Camaro, then won a $100 gift card from them as well about 3 weeks later! That went towards the tint on my Camaro 2SS/RS!

Does that count?

That's awesome! Congratulations!! I've never won anything before. It's cool to win anything at all!
1FREESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #44
1FREESS
 
1FREESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Ugh...sickening.

A person rightfully wins an extravagant prize..that should be almost completely free but the government swoops in and says "ooo lookie lookie...another way we can squeeze money from the sheep!! Gimmie Gimmie!!"

Yes! I totally agree! The government always has to get their share...I heard some people are turning down prizes on game shows, such as cars, because they can't afford the taxes on them. Now, Wheel of Fortune is giving an extra $5000 with any car someone wins to help cover these costs.

I'm still worried about how I'm going to pay the income tax next year. I may have to sell it, just to cover that. :(
1FREESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #45
jeepguy_1980

 
jeepguy_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FREESS View Post
Yes! I totally agree! The government always has to get their share...I heard some people are turning down prizes on game shows, such as cars, because they can't afford the taxes on them. Now, Wheel of Fortune is giving an extra $5000 with any car someone wins to help cover these costs.

I'm still worried about how I'm going to pay the income tax next year. I may have to sell it, just to cover that. :(
Don't most contests have a cash value option?

Either way, I can't imagine turning down a prize. Taxes aren't due until the following year, which give you plenty of time to at least sell the prize, pay your taxes, and keep the difference.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #46
mxkx250
 
mxkx250's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 333
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
Quote:
I'm still worried about how I'm going to pay the income tax next year. I may have to sell it, just to cover that.

Just go and get a car loan for the amount of the income tax. Shouldn't have any problems since the value will be so high.
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #47
v6sonoma


 
v6sonoma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 7,758
Well thats pretty bad@$$! Good for you!
__________________

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #48
1FREESS
 
1FREESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Silver
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkx250 View Post
Just go and get a car loan for the amount of the income tax. Shouldn't have any problems since the value will be so high.

Can you get a car loan on a car that's paid for, 6 months after you got the car? I've never heard of anything like that.
1FREESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #49
jeepguy_1980

 
jeepguy_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FREESS View Post
Can you get a car loan on a car that's paid for, 6 months after you got the car? I've never heard of anything like that.

People refinance all the time. From the bank's point of view, they'll have about $30k in collateral, for a $10k loan.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #50
Wink2010
 
Wink2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Macedon, NY
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Don't most contests have a cash value option?

Either way, I can't imagine turning down a prize. Taxes aren't due until the following year, which give you plenty of time to at least sell the prize, pay your taxes, and keep the difference.
The JEGS Sweepstakes did have an optional $20K or the car. I figured that $20K minus taxes would be probably around $15K or less but the Camaro will be worth twice that after income taxes. With the $15K I'd probably blow it on windows or something practical and forget about winning. Besides...I got a Camaro SS to play with!
__________________
2010 JEGS Sweepstakes Winner! JBA Axle Back, HalltechYellow Jacket, Adaptive Performance Skip Shift, Elite Catch Can, BMR Trailing Arms, Clutch Fluid Reservoir

Wink2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2ss, brad, chevy, free, win

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Must post picture of a Chevy to win. "prima"Donna Off-topic Discussions 74993 09-13-2013 11:33 PM
Portable Dynamometer added to Houston Super Chevy Show Midway, Sept. 11-12 Houston Raceway USA - Texas 6 09-01-2010 11:26 PM
Camaro5 Wins Big at RICOA Chevy Show! molloni USA - New England 54 08-03-2010 01:36 PM
Very poorly worded memo from GM - no more use of the term "Chevy" comiskeybum Off-topic Discussions 222 06-13-2010 05:38 PM
Am I Sick? CaMeRoN187 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 29 02-24-2010 01:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.