Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: Black 2SS/RS /w Cyber Gray stripes
Road Atlanta - 10 hour ALMS race tomorrow

Tomorrow, October 2nd is the "Petit Le Mans" 10 hour endurance race at Road Atlanta for the American Le Mans Series. It will start at 11am on Speed.

Some of our Stevenson Motorsports Camaro drivers will be in the race tomorrow. Jan Magnussen drives one of the corvettes for Corvette Racing in the GT class and Andrew Davis will be driving a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car in the GT Challenge class. Johnny O'Connell is also a driver for Corvette Racing and has driven a Camaro in Grand Am a few times this past season.

It should be an awesome race. Go Corvette Racing!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
RRrumbLE

Drives: 2011 CGM LS3 Hurst 2SS/RS Camaro
I'm lovin it! As usual, since it's the weekend, I'm in and out all day so I'm watching it off of my DVR. Corvette Racing is lookin good!!

That hybrid Porsche GT3 that was so dominant at the Nurburgring 24h isn't looking so unbeatable against this field!

It's always a shock to my system when the racing season winds down, so I'm gonna soak up as much of this as possible.

Go Corvettes!!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: Black 2SS/RS /w Cyber Gray stripes
Well I just finished watching the Petit Le Mans and that has to be the best final lap in a race I've ever seen. The #62 Risi Ferrari F430 was leading and the #4 Corvette was second. Well, the Ferrari ran out of gas about 10 seconds (if that) before the finish line on the last lap, so the #4 Corvette passed and won the race!

Congrats to Corvette Racing and the drivers of the #4 - Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen and Emmanuel Collard.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
RRrumbLE

Drives: 2011 CGM LS3 Hurst 2SS/RS Camaro
Thumbs up

That was AMAZING!

I didn't finish the race until late last night. The announcers were driving me crazy the last dozen laps - all that coverage of the other classes with no word on the gap between the Ferrari and the #4 Corvette.

When they finally mentioned that the Ferrari had pulled an 11 second gap on Ollie, my heart just sank. The Corvettes looked so strong throughout the whole race, the whole season, but now they were falling just short once again.

And then, the impossible happened. My head's still spinning.

THEY DID IT!!

I think the guys learned a lot this season. Even in a brand new car racing in a new, hotly competitive category, they seemed to be fighting for the win at nearly every event.

Next year we take on the new Ferrari 458, two new Lamborghinis, and I bet RSR makes a big step in the offseason with that Jag.

Between that and what Stevenson is doing with their Camaros over in Grand-Am, next year could be a historic season for Chevy road racing.

115 days 'til the Daytona 24hrs!

165 days 'til the Sebring 12hrs!

Between now and then I'll just hafta wear out my DVR re-watching the races, when football's not on, that is.