Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #51
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
Hello, It's alright. On Facebook, there is a "Like" button that you can click if you like a picture, or if you like something that someone wrote. It would fit well in Camaro5, especially this thread.
ohh i see said the blind man, i dont do face book, thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by terroid View Post
on last pic no plate buttons was that pic latter ? looks sweet
photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
Looks mean. I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
Actually the air entering the driver's side port uses the wheel liner to direct fresh air to your OEM CAI or most aftermarket air filters.

We have been testing different products to enhance the performance aspect of the ports....can't say much more but next spring will be pretty exciting for ACS.

Thank you for the input overhaulengines, BTW going forward we will include two templates per kit.... that is a great idea. As for the paper i first tried a very thick paper and found it hard to conform to the bumper.... I will re evaluate and see.

Great hearing suggestions to improve our products
your welcome, thanks for taking my input

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
You did good work... that Camaro looks great!
thank you very much

Lupe

See www.camarocustoms.com
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #52
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Should ask the moderators to move the thread to the DIY section, I am sure many more can use the details.

How long did the install take you ?
ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #53
overhaulengines

Quote:
Should ask the moderators to move the thread to the DIY section, I am sure many more can use the details.

How long did the install take you ?
Mod's, do you think think this thread would serve better in the DIY section? i agree, i think it should be move please.
The install for the T3's took about 4 hours, i did take my time,
total project took about headers n cats, heritage and T3 scoops, about 7 hours total if i had to do it all over again, i could shave a couple hours off

thanks

Lupe

Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #54
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Actually the air entering the driver's side port uses the wheel liner to direct fresh air to your OEM CAI or most aftermarket air filters.

We have been testing different products to enhance the performance aspect of the ports....can't say much more but next spring will be pretty exciting for ACS.

Thank you for the input overhaulengines, BTW going forward we will include two templates per kit.... that is a great idea. As for the paper i first tried a very thick paper and found it hard to conform to the bumper.... I will re evaluate and see.

well i was thinking something similar to the ADM race scoop that channels the incoming air upwards to the air filter. ether way ill be fabricating something similar to what Lupe did with his first mod directing the incoming air via a tube/ hose , I will probably dyno test it and see how much more hp one can gain from this mod, I know that when ted a janetty racing did there test on the CAI inductions kit with the ADM race scoop it pick up quite a bit of hp and tq, will see.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #55
overhaulengines

once I got the facia installed, it was easy to see how the scoops allow air to fill the area where the CAI draws air. It hits the inner part of the fender liner n directs air upward. Pretty cool.

Lupe

Old 10-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #56
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
How much experience do you have with body work like that? Have you ever cut anything else? Just gauging how hard it was....I want the T2 Inserts, and i wanna do them myself.....Did you do anything to prep the area?
LosingReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #57
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Holy cow, those are some skills!! Great pics, super end results!!
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #58
Jus1dab

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Nice custom work.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #59
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Nice!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #60
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingReality View Post
How much experience do you have with body work like that? Have you ever cut anything else? Just gauging how hard it was....I want the T2 Inserts, and i wanna do them myself.....Did you do anything to prep the area?
hello, well i have been a mechanic for 20+ years, i dont have a lot of car body work experience, but i have used cutters, die grinders and others shop tools for a while, mainly on sheet metal. cutting into $200,000.00 airplanes helps
cleaning wise, alcohol.

thanks

Lupe

Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #61
LosingReality

Drives: Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
hello, well i have been a mechanic for 20+ years, i dont have a lot of car body work experience, but i have used cutters, die grinders and others shop tools for a while, mainly on sheet metal. cutting into $200,000.00 airplanes helps
cleaning wise, alcohol.

thanks

Lupe

Cool man! Looks VERY good. By looking at the template pic, it looks like i would be pretty simple.
LosingReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #62
overhaulengines

Quote:
Quote:
Cool man! Looks VERY good. By looking at the template pic, it looks like i would be pretty simple.
once i laid out the template, i cut it about a 1/4 inch smaller than the template, then as i trimmed it i adjusted it to my liking, the 2nd one i cut a little larger so i could have a little more play, that way i could adjust it to match the first.
if you decide to do it or anyone, send me a pm, i will do my best to help.

Lupe

Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #63
ACS Composite

There is no surface prep needed, you are not actually bonding the ports to the bumper but actually to the inner ring. The assembly is holding the bumper between the 2 parts. This was done to eliminate durability issues as the ports are not the same material as the bumper and obviously need this play to make up for material expansion over time.... The price may seem high, but allot of money was spent in development and tooling to get a part easy to install.

Here are a few pics which could help

Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #64
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
There is no surface prep needed, you are not actually bonding the ports to the bumper but actually to the inner ring. The assembly is holding the bumper between the 2 parts. This was done to eliminate durability issues as the ports are not the same material as the bumper and obviously need this play to make up for material expansion over time.... The price may seem high, but allot of money was spent in development and tooling to get a part easy to install.

Here are a few pics which could help

given the bonding info.....a rear rig/cup that we could mount expanded metal to then bond to the rear of the port would be nice!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
ACS Composite

We had something on the first 20-30 sets, there were issues with the durability of the mesh, so we dropped it. And then many did not install it claiming there is no mesh behind the rad grill.

Most mesh i tested (black e coated) would rust under salt spray test. Then we had Stainless, which just does not match. My suggestion is to simply bend the mesh around the inside of the port and use the adhesive supplied with the port kit. That will hold it in place and give you an opportunity to make it custom.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #66
overhaulengines

the wire mesh sounds like a good idea, i have been looking this weekend at many different LED set up's, i want to install white and red LED's in the scoops, since i have red/white halo lights.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #67
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
We had something on the first 20-30 sets, there were issues with the durability of the mesh, so we dropped it. And then many did not install it claiming there is no mesh behind the rad grill.

Most mesh i tested (black e coated) would rust under salt spray test. Then we had Stainless, which just does not match. My suggestion is to simply bend the mesh around the inside of the port and use the adhesive supplied with the port kit. That will hold it in place and give you an opportunity to make it custom.
got any of those pieces that were on the first 20 - 30 left over?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #68
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Very nice, Overhaul, good install!

I like your new stripes too! Thats kinda what I've been planning on doing... do you have any more pics of them?
- 2001 Silverado 2500HD CCSB 8.1L
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #69
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainhart View Post
Very nice, Overhaul, good install!

I like your new stripes too! Thats kinda what I've been planning on doing... do you have any more pics of them?
thx, click on my signature below, photo shoot and also new clear coat and strips

lupe

Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #70
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
i cant wait for mine
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #71
overhaulengines

i will keep ya'll posted, working this morning on a way to mount DRL's.

Lupe

Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #72
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
i will keep ya'll posted, working this morning on a way to mount DRL's.

Lupe
YES! Me too!
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #73
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
maybe someone asked but where is that air going, right onto the tires?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #74
overhaulengines

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
maybe someone asked but where is that air going, right onto the tires?
hello, please see the above explaination.

Lupe

Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #75
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Gary does do some amazing work, I just got my V8 Splitter from him painted/installed and I've gotten crazy compliments already...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote