Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 10-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Solo Performance resonators review

I'll try to keep this short! One of the first mods I did last year was to have the Solo Mach-X cat back system installed. Jeff at Solo hooked me up with their local installation shop, Mufflerman in Kenmore NY, and they did a beautiful job! Great guys to work with and very professional! I fell in love with the sound immediatly!

Next mod was a Roto-Fab cai and DT shorty headers. Now the sound track was even sweeter and a slight performance improvement! I was perfectly happy until Solo decided to produce their HIGH FLOW CATS this past Spring! Now the debate was raging in my head....should I or shouldn't I? I could get a great deal as the 3rd test car and free install! However, I was worried about emissions, cel codes, get a tune, etc. After about a month of torturous debates in my head Jeff talked me into it! He said no need to worry about cel codes, emissions, or having to tune. So, off to Mufflerman again for a set of high flows!

Wow! What a difference! Immediate improvement in power and response! The cats really woke up the beast and the sound was loud and awsome! So far after 2,000 miles, no cel code! So I'm really lovin it right? Well the only thing is now it's a little TOO loud and I get some drone cruising especially going uphill. So, again I consulted with Jeff!

We talked about Helmholtz "J" pipes but we all decided my drone really wasn't that bad, only when laboring the engine going uphill at 1800 rpm's. So we all agreed on a pair of resonators instead!

Off to Mufflerman again for a pair of resonators! Again, the techs at Mufflerman did a great job installing the resonators! Now the system, in my opinion, is PERFECT! A little louder than the Mach-X alone was, and a little quieter than when I added the high flow cats! I don't have to worry about babying it around town to keep it quiet and it's loud enough to really enjoy it! Music to my ears! I still get a little cabin drone going uphill but an improvement from before! This setup is a perfect balance! The resonators are straight through free flow so I don't lose flow and they reduced the overall volume just enough! I am very satisfied!

I want to thank Jeff and Steve at Solo, as well as Bob, Jason, and the guys at Mufflerman! Outstanding products and customer service! Thanks!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
I did the same thing on my M6 V6, for the exact same reason--drone between 1800 and 2 grand. Very happy now!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Luvpilot

Drives: GM
I've really been considering these for mine.

With the LT's, CAI, Mach X and the Maggie this car is FREAKING LOUD
Luvpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
bmbbl be

Drives: camaro ss 2013-street glide
ssmike........great write up.....i havent installed my high flows yet, because i have they are loud with a solo catback.

did you purchase those from solo?
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Thanks for the great write-up. We really appreciate your support! Our goals is to have a happy customer, so we will do what we need to do in order to accomplish this and offer a fantastic product. If you need anything, please let us know.

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
http://www.solo-performance.com
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbbl be View Post
ssmike........great write up.....i havent installed my high flows yet, because i have they are loud with a solo catback.

did you purchase those from solo?
Yes, everything was purchased from Solo and installed locally at Mufflerman (Solo's local shop)! Do the high flows, you don't know what your missing!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote