Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 10-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
pexcomike
pexcomike

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2 SS/RS
Exclamation 2011 camaro SS/RS Manual 6.2

All right boys and girls...want to get as many opinions as possible BEFORE adding on these aftermarket "goodies"....Car is 2 weeks new and has 865 miles....I am scheduled this coming week to install the QTP electonic oval cutouts..Question (1 ) Are the QTP TRUE diverters or just allow some of the exhaust to flow out the cuts AND out the tailpipes or are they true diverters that WEEDS/ NOWEEDS claims to do as an industry first ?? Also adding a CAI by SLP called the Blackwing....AND thinking about going with an axle-back Magnaflow to get even better , throatier sound when on closed setting...Why am I doing this is beyond me...Really concerned about voiding factory warranties.....burning up the engine ....and breaking the bank..not to mention what the wife is going to say ...LOl.....anyone have similar setups or is there better equipment...Not ready to do the ARH headers yet....This car needs NO MORE POWER to satisfy me ...Need some serious input...Dont wanna ruin this awesome machine after not having one for 30 years...yes, the 80 Z28...and BTW was nowhere near the machine this is....but then 200 plus extra HP may just have something to do with it? Peace
pexcomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
IMO, if you're really not wanting anymore power, i'd suggest you get the exhaust of your choice and spend the extra $$ on putting the power to the ground. Sways, bushings, and lowering springs will make your car feel completely different, in a good way. If you still feel the need to dump the exhaust, you can always do that at any time. In the meantime, you can research what you may want to do to your car in the long term. I've seen far too many people buy a Camaro then spend hundreds if not thousands on their car only to not really like what they got for it.

It sounds like you're awful trusting in your performance shop. This can be a good thing or bad, depending on the shop. Information and reviews are abundant around here. I'd suggest you read up on what your shop thinks is good. The SLP blackwing is cool and probably a upgrade from the OEM tube but it's been shown to not be that affective. In the lastest CAI test, the New Era tube replacement was almost identical to the OEM tube. If you're just looking for a inexpensive cosmetic upgrade, i'm sure it will fit the bill. If you're expecting any performance upgrade from it, i'd look elsewhere.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
pexcomike
pexcomike

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2 SS/RS
WHAT ABOUT HTE CUTOUTS VS THE WEEDS..SAME THING..DIFFERENT NAME? OR DO THEY DIFFER

DOES ANYONEREALLY KNOW?
pexcomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
I'd pass on the cutouts. Why would anyone want the exhaust coming out the bottom of the car. Just my opinion, but I prefer a tuned sound out the back than a ratty open pipe sound under the car.

I'd go with a quality cat-back, one specifically designed for no drone. And one of the better performing CAI's, see the comparison test results.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote