Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Oil cooler leaking..quick question

Changed my oil today, got under the car and noticed the oil pan covered with oil, along with the oil filter. Im assuming its the oil cooler that is leaking as there is a TSB on this. If you underneath the car, the back of the oil cooler, the line towards the rear it looks like the leak is coming from as is there drops of oil on it.

The problem must of just happened in the last 1500 miles which is the last time I was under there. So the people who had the TSB done did you get your car back the same day? My dealer cant get me in until next wednesday which seems a little long, especially with the cooler leaking.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
If they have the part it should take less then 30 min to replace the gaskets. I have done 2 or 3 and it takes longer to set the rack .
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
just got mine fixed last week .now the oil pan is leaking
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Got my oil cooler leak fixed 2 months ago and now the oil pan gasket was leaking. Brought it in to the dealer and they replaced the pan gasket! These oil leaks are just unacceptable for a brand new car. I never owned a car that had 2 different oil leaks except for the '84 Buick I had with 100,000 miles on it! What the hell?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
camarossrs2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Got my oil cooler leak fixed 2 months ago and now the oil pan gasket was leaking. Brought it in to the dealer and they replaced the pan gasket! These oil leaks are just unacceptable for a brand new car. I never owned a car that had 2 different oil leaks except for the '84 Buick I had with 100,000 miles on it! What the hell?
i agree. we are posting where there are 3 viewers .these moderators push our important stuff to 2 viewers .this is bullshit .but let everybody else find out on there own .im done .looking for a new sight where i can express myself freely .at least let one or two sly by for a while .i do understand they have to moderate but come on this is important stuff.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
i did not know about the tsb on this i think i saw a drop of oil on mine , thanks for the post.

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
camarossrs2150

got car back from dealer, dealer tells me the oil leak is from somewhere else it just seems like its coming from there .i watched the oil bubble right out of that seal and they say no .they put a dye in the oil now and gave me the black light to use today to see for myself .
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
THanks guys, seems like it will be a tossup if the problem is actully fixed...

dropped it off at the dealer this morn, told the service guy it looks like its coming from the oil cooler, so im playing the waiting game now..hope they dont say anything about my mods (tune/headers)...they shouldnt since there is a TSB anyway.