Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 10-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Question New Convertible 2SS Questions

Hello every one,
I've herd that there maybe some options removed from the 2SS, like the HUD, so here's my question for the HUD, if the HUD is being removed from production could a person still get the HUD unit installed or install it them self (after words) ?, plus is there going to be any issues ?

Another question, if a person doesn't like the new rims (stock), if that person gets any aftermarket & or GM set that fits, is there going to be any big issues for the TPMS or the computer, (speed calibration) ?, for example; a set of 22's or 16's, "I know 16's are to small but there just an example (because of brake clearance)".

My last request, any modfided parts placed in or on the car, VOIDS M.F.WARRANTY, but if the part is made by GM is it not still covered ?,
for example; like the stuff above ."I know this must be a fine line".

Thx for any & all who help & or your time.
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Hello every one,
I've herd that there maybe some options removed from the 2SS, like the HUD, so here's my question for the HUD, if the HUD is being removed from production could a person still get the HUD unit installed or install it them self (after words) ?, plus is there going to be any issues ?

Another question, if a person doesn't like the new rims (stock), if that person gets any aftermarket & or GM set that fits, is there going to be any big issues for the TPMS or the computer, (speed calibration) ?, for example; a set of 22's or 16's, "I know 16's are to small but there just an example (because of brake clearance)".

My last request, any modfided parts placed in or on the car, VOIDS M.F.WARRANTY, but if the part is made by GM is it not still covered ?,
for example; like the stuff above ."I know this must be a fine line".

Thx for any & all who help & or your time.

The HUD is not being removed from the convertible. It will be part of the 2LT and 2SS packages. The photo you've seen is from a very early build - they are never quite 'product correct' --

If you change the diameter of the tire itself, there will be issues with calibration.

Warranty isn't as fine a line as you may think. For instance, you make some wild mods to the powertrain - and your power window motor fails - that would be repaired whether or not the powertrain portion of your warranty had been voided for some reason.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Cool, that's great news ! ya hoooo ! on the HUD !!!!!! Yep !, yep !
But it may still be a good question for those that don't get the 2LT or 2SS would it not ?

The rims/tiers must have the same diameter ?, so why does GM offer 18's to 21's, I'm not trying to make this in to any thing big (?) I'm just wanting to clear this up ?,
people see custom rims on the car, its good info for those who don't know, yea ?

M.F.WARRANTY'S are gray in some areas are they not (?), I got what your saying tho, thx !, I just thought its a good Idea if other people ask they will have their answers .

Thank s for clearing this all up for me (fbodfather)!, can't wait for it to come out !!!!!!!!!
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The HUD is not being removed from the convertible. It will be part of the 2LT and 2SS packages. The photo you've seen is from a very early build - they are never quite 'product correct' --

If you change the diameter of the tire itself, there will be issues with calibration.

Warranty isn't as fine a line as you may think. For instance, you make some wild mods to the powertrain - and your power window motor fails - that would be repaired whether or not the powertrain portion of your warranty had been voided for some reason.
It's even more specific than that. If you add a CAI that adds 10hp through the drive train, and one of your output shafts break, they still have to prove the CAI's extra 10hp broke the shaft (which is almost impossible). In other words, its not the whole drive train warranty that gets voided, its only the specific part on the specific warranty claim that could get voided.

That said however, if you add 125 HP through a supercharger, then its very easy for GM to claim practically any drive train issue as not covered due to too much power.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
Thanks for clearing up the HUD questions fbodfather!
RafCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
The rims/tiers must have the same diameter ?, so why does GM offer 18's to 21's, I'm not trying to make this in to any thing big (?) I'm just wanting to clear this up ?,
people see custom rims on the car, its good info for those who don't know, yea ?
The rim + tire has the same circumference on the 18's and the 21's. You accomplish this by changing the sidewall height on the tires, the smaller the rim diameter the taller the sidewall. On the Camaro the sidewall height of the tires on the 19's are 122 millimeters. On the 20's is it 110 mm and on the 21's it is 98 mm.

To change the sizes if you are getting new rims is simple. If you look at the size of a tire you will see numbers arranged as such xxx/xx R xx.

For example, on the 19 inch rims the tires are 245/50 R 19. The first number (245) stands of the width of the tire in millimeters which in this case is 245 millimeters. The second number (50) stands for the height of the sidewall in millimeters and is measured as a percentage of the tire width. In this case the sidewall height is 50% of 245. The third number (R 19) is the rim size so in this case it is a 19 inch rim. Now if all you're doing is simply changing the rim size all you do is change the second number by 5 per inch of change. If you're changing the rim size to 20's then you'll reduce the second number by 5 so you're new tire size would be 245/45 R 20, and vise versa if you go with a smaller rim size so an 18 inch rim would give you a tire size of 245/55 R 18.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote