Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #76
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
I'm "all in" on this car regardless of delays, and am a cash buyer. My lease expires in April, but I have a nice GMC truck I can drive until the Camaro comes out. Oh well...we've waited this long so what the heck....
The folks at GM must be pulling their hair out over these problems!

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #77
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
*subscribing*
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #78
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
My point is simply this: people keep freaking out based on rumors. That's all they are. None of us know what is really going on here. There is just too much information that we are not privy to. So everyone just take a pill and relax. If the car gets produced on time and has everything "as advertised", then everyone gets their car and they are happy. If it gets delayed or doesn't have ABL in it, then take your money and walk. But that point is nearly two months away. Those people that threatening going to buy another car when we still are that far away and don't have all the information are betrayers. What's it going to hurt to wait until February to see what happens? Absolutely nothing. There will be tons of other cars sitting on lots everywhere and on 2/16/09 you will be able to walk across the street and buy your Mustang, Hyundai or whatever and you will be fine. And as I said, I will wave at you when I go by in my Camaro (whenever I end up getting it) and watch the tear roll down your face.

And to this comment "God forbid we expect a company to deliver on schedule after throwing them a lifeline.", you are the one that needs to grow up. Are you on the AIG thread bashing them for the $100B+ BAILOUT (not loans)? Are you making comments to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac because they made poor decisions on mortgage lending?
Eh, I don't really see anybody "freaking out" here, I see people discussing their situations (novel concept for a discussion forum). Again, calling people "betrayers" for considering their options, regardless of what information they are acting on, is stupid. Nobody here has sworn their allegiance to the Camaro.

As far as the bailouts go, trust me - they have angered me to the point of a stroke and I've had a few heated conversations with people about them because I think they are a travesty. But I fail to see how AIG/Fannie/Freddy is relevant to this forum/thread. However, no matter how much you want to call GM's bailout a loan, it was still a bailout. They are anything but credit worthy, and it is well known that there is no way their going to be able turn their business around in a matter of months to pay that money back after they've been trying to do it for almost a decade with no success. If they were to get no more money from us (which of course they will come the new administration), we could have just set that $17 billion on fire and we would still have the same outcome. Therefore, it is a bailout.

/my involvement in this thread

2000 Blazer LS | winter beater
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #79
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Now you are confusing issues. We are talking about people cancelling (or threatening to cancel) orders because of missing HUD or issues with ABL. Those are bumps in the road that everyone is freaking out about. When GM comes out and says they are delaying the car or that it officially won't have ABL, then feel free to take your money elsewhere. But don't start crying before anything has really happened.
Normally people wouldn't get so worked up over ABL, but given the recent events of GM, EVERY bump in the road will be closely examined. GM has no room for error right now.

Don't start crying? It's called an opinion, that is shared by many, which GM needs to be aware of. If they screw up ABL they need to realize they will pay dearly for it. GM doesn't get to make mistakes anymore.

Quote:
If it gets delayed or doesn't have ABL in it, then take your money and walk. But that point is nearly two months away. Those people that threatening going to buy another car when we still are that far away and don't have all the information are betrayers.
Betrayers? GM should be thanking us for the warning. I want EVERYTHING in the Camaro that was promised.

Quote:
And to this comment "God forbid we expect a company to deliver on schedule after throwing them a lifeline.", you are the one that needs to grow up. Are you on the AIG thread bashing them for the $100B+ BAILOUT (not loans)? Are you making comments to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac because they made poor decisions on mortgage lending?
Let's get one thing straight: GM is not in the same class as the banks. We cannot compare apples to oranges. When GM screws up, we cannot say "But the banks screwed up worse!" Of course the banks screwed up. But that's no excuse for GM's problems.

Bailout(n) - Financial rescue. GM was bailed out...a loan saving you from bankruptcy is still a bailout. Don't try to convince anyone in the real world that GM just got a regular loan and everything's rainbows and sunshine over at GM because it's not. GM was bailed out and they will be asking for more money come springtime to keep themselves from Chapter 11. Don't compare GM to the banks but surely don't compare them to a regular company getting a simple loan.

Quote:
And as I said, I will wave at you when I go by in my Camaro (whenever I end up getting it) and watch the tear roll down your face.
If I don't have a Camaro at that time then GM is in big, big trouble. I represent the average buyer who takes the best deal...the crowd GM has to have to stay in business. They already have you as a customer no matter what they do to the car. They NEED me. Let's hope for GM's sake that I'm in a Camaro as well.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #80
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles
If I don't have a Camaro at that time then GM is in big, big trouble. I represent the average buyer who takes the best deal...the crowd GM has to have to stay in business. They already have you as a customer no matter what they do to the car. They NEED me. Let's hope for GM's sake that I'm in a Camaro as well.
BEST POST... EVER!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #81
camarolover69

Drives: 01 Mustang GT
i knew this was gunna happen.=[
camarolover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #82
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
XAnimal, I wasn't trying to be hurtful, especially to someone serving our country (thanks!). And I understand those that are in the situation of basically looking at no car in March. What amazes me is that even if you were the first one to order and GM starts making the car at full steam on 2/16/09, there is no guarantee that you are going to get your car in March. As the original information that was released said, the original allocations were to cover dealers through 3Q. So I am a little surprised by people saying they were planning on having their cars in March. That just isn't realistic for everyone.

Again, we haven't heard anything official from GM. They want this car out as soon as we do. But they aren't going to let a car get out with sub-par quality, especially the people from Oshawa. Hang tight and let's see what happens. I want you and everyone to get their car as soon as possible. It isn't going to hurt to wait until February before making decisions to buy another car.
I never saw anyone saying they'll be canceling and I'm definately waiting for as long as possible. March/April is perfect and I could probably hold out for another month after that, but if someone is considering options then you shouldn't jump all over them.

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #83
BamTino024

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS-RS
anyone think getting a petition going to have this company give GM its parts will help resolve the issue quicker?
BamTino024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #84
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
I'm "all in" on this car regardless of delays, and am a cash buyer. My lease expires in April, but I have a nice GMC truck I can drive until the Camaro comes out. Oh well...we've waited this long so what the heck....
The folks at GM must be pulling their hair out over these problems!
I'm with you, don't care about any delays, as long as the Camaro is made.
2010 2SS l/t headers, with high flow cats, full 3" exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, full BMR poly bushing including rear cradle bushings, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #85
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Ok so great reading, however, lets not get excited over this. Maybe this is the issue with the ABL we have been hearing about. GM still has plenty of time to get this issue resolved.

Have any of our GM employed members heard anything about this?
I would have to put two and two together and assume this is precisely why the interior lighting is being canceled. However there are other interior parts which are necessary that also could delay the Camaro if another supplier is not found soon or this issue isn't resolved quickly enough.. It is time to pull out the Holy Bible and pray
Old 12-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #86
bobscogin

Drives: Future 2012 owner, 1965 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamTino024 View Post
anyone think getting a petition going to have this company give GM its parts will help resolve the issue quicker?
Not a chance. The bankruptcy courts are in charge, and they will not distribute any assets Cadence may have based on anything but law.

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #87
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
This really isnt good news. But I'm not looking at being able 2 buy my new baby until mid 2010 anyway but i really hope all this gets worked up. Worst case senario we have to continue to be paient like we have been for this long for a few more months.

My scheme

ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #88
kinyu

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
The car is bordering on "dated" already with how long ago the concept first appeared and how long its been getting press. Every time I talk to somebody who has any knowledge of the car, they ask "isn't that out yet?"

My experience has been similar.
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #89
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR
The car is bordering on "dated" already with how long ago the concept first appeared and how long its been getting press. Every time I talk to somebody who has any knowledge of the car, they ask "isn't that out yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyu View Post

My experience has been similar.
I guess people in general (as well as many people on these forums) just don't understand that Concept release to production release in 3 years and a couple of months is actually pretty quick. And who knows what the bankruptcy court may decide, that is one court where it truly is pretty much up to the judges decision as to what will be done, they have a pretty wide latitude, especially if it can return some cash/assets to the company in bankruptcy to pay off those holding the debt and investors. When Commodore Computer went bankrupt, several computer companies approached the court about purchasing the Amiga computer assets, they did not want any other part of Commodore. The judge told them to submit bids and sold the Commodore assets to the highest bidder, don't remember who got them at that point, but Amiga later became a subsidiary of Gateway, I think it has now been spun off. The judge can do pretty much whatever he thinks will return the most cash into the bankruptcy.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 12-28-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: text
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #90
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Here's my one and only post in this thread on this:

No reason for panic, yet.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #91
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Here's my one and only post in this thread on this:

No reason for panic, yet.
I Agree, NO REASON TO PANIC, YET.

GM is not out of parts yet. They still have time. I'm sure GM has already made a tentive deal with another supplier. GM just can't go all the way with another supplier until the Cadence contract is void.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------

Last edited by One Mean Chevy; 12-28-2008 at 10:21 PM.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #92
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
i cant bekieve you guys..

You guys are something else --my god --there are some very knowledgable guys on this forum whio know far more than most of the guys who post in this forum.. i read their posts and lean on them

as far as this situation with GM/GMAC---they are not now or any where in the forseable future going bancrupt---no wayyyyyyyyyy no howwwwwwwww

the reapn bush gave them 17 billion was to help themfrom being bancrupt------the federal reserve will let them become a bank holder and have access to the 700 billion dollars of bank bailout money if they meet certain conditions --that were supposed to be met by yesterday at midnight---weve heard nothing--but whatever happens--maybe they met the conditions maybe they didnt---but even if they didnt nothing is gonna changeeeeeeeee--the federal government the federal reserve and the judge sitting on the parts case..can not!!!!!!!!!!! and will not!!!!!!!!!!!! let the american auto industry go under--it will never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i If GM cant meet the condotions set forth by the federal reserve-- guess what???????????? the feds will lower the standards until trhey can----no sitting or future president --no congress -- no federal reserve an esp. no judge is gonna let the american car industry go under not now not everrrrr!!! we are in a deep recession its gonna take awhile to get out of----if the government or federal reserve allows this standard of american industry go under -- 100,000s of more people lose their jobs the country goes into a deep depression that will last for decades-----make 1930 look like childs play --again this neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr gonna haapen gm will get money they for financing and production no matter what!!!!!!!!!--the worst case senario is we get delayed a month maybe two--or maybe only a week-man you guys argue over nothing but dont really use your brain
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #93
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Well there you have it .......the final word.! All is well, the disaster is averted and this post has straightened it all out so we all understand.

Only one thing? Never say never.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #94
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
i might add........

For you guys that wanna jump ship. ONE. This is not just gmac problem--crysller is in just as bad or worse shape--ford says it has enough to get by for 2009 if the auto industry goes under gues what----F ord goes too--and for all these guys looking for a beeter deal with companys with no so-called problems like toyota==hundei--etc etc--- better start brushing up on world finance news---toyota down 54% from last years sales --their other top brands down 35-40%-japan is shutting factorys like theirs no tommorow!--europe will fall the way of the american car industry if it goes under --this world is tied together financially--if the united staes car industry goes under it will have a domino affect throughout the world an as i said before --our government our president nor the federal reserve will ever let this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #95
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
I am waiting for....... TWO.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #96
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
For you guys that wanna jump ship. ONE. This is not just gmac problem--crysller is in just as bad or worse shape--ford says it has enough to get by for 2009 if the auto industry goes under gues what----F ord goes too--and for all these guys looking for a beeter deal with companys with no so-called problems like toyota==hundei--etc etc--- better start brushing up on world finance news---toyota down 54% from last years sales --their other top brands down 35-40%-japan is shutting factorys like theirs no tommorow!--europe will fall the way of the american car industry if it goes under --this world is tied together financially--if the united staes car industry goes under it will have a domino affect throughout the world an as i said before --our government our president nor the federal reserve will ever let this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um I think you missed the point

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #97
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
There was actually a small article in our local paper about this in yesterday's paper....of course I received phone calls from people saying, Hey, did you see what was in the paper about the Camaro???????????????????? I bet they don't make that car, ect. I mean, I get NOTHING but negative comments from people in my area on this car. It is severly annoying.

I am not going to panic yet....I am still excited about the production, and if it is a month behind, we will all live
Old 12-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #98
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
As far as having Camaro allegience - thats all I would buy at this point. If they ever came out and said they weren't going to produce the Camaro, then I would have to look at other GM options. Camaro for Life!!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #99
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
I Agree, NO REASON TO PANIC, YET.

GM is not out of parts yet. They still have time. I'm sure GM has already made a tentive deal with another supplier. GM just can't go all the way with another supplier until the Cadence contract is void.

Cadence had a tough time with the complicated IP for this car. They have tons of money and time involved in perfecting the tooling. They had guys working 20 hours a day months ago.....no new supplier is going to be able to duplicate that on a timely basis. There was more than one buyer "interested" in the company, but none of them wanted to get into a bidding war. They are not only going bankrupt...they are past that and in liquidation. There are time frames the bank has to meet before they can start selling off the assets. The employees are mostly gone...the parking lot is quite empty. It was a big operation too. No court is going to be able to get GM their tooling by January 12th. There are lots of empty semi trucks w/trailers in dissaray outside the building and a security guard blocking entry into the parking lot. Kinda reminds me of "The Godfather" movie when they were getting ready to hit the mattresses.....

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me

Last edited by detroitboy; 12-29-2008 at 11:20 AM.
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #100
mrpre10der

send my car anyway i will install later .